Are we being too harsh on Barrett?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
1. We lost 7 in a row and the general consensus on the forum was that he is the worst coach to ever hold a clip board

2. We won 4 on the trot against average opposition and the general consensus was that this season has been tough with injuries and disruptions and how Des struggled in his first year at Manly and we should all look forward to a premiership in a couple of seasons under Barrett.

3. We lose to the Eels and the general consensus on the forum is that Barrett is rubbish again and we should all look forward to his impending sacking when we fail again next year.

I give up on this place sometimes haha.
I have not wavered so far. My opinion is Barrett is a pretender & has no talent at all or he is a puppet to the clown without the balls to make his own calls. Either way I want no part of it. We don't need a puppet or a fool as a coach. If he can stand up & coach the team on his own, call the shots well I will give him next season to improve. If he is the minion to the fool again he can piss off now & take the fool with him.

My least favorite period was the early 80s , ironically apart from Blakey, as we just bought every big international we could get our claws on and I felt uncomfortable with the roster. I was working with a mad Bunnies fan a while ago and he was adamant that Manly had made a mistake letting Blake go and would not believe my certainty that it was the right move. Even more amazing than seeing Blakes exploits was watching Toovey stopping Meninga dead in his tracks front on from the hill at Brookie. My favorite year was when Bozo replaced G.Lowe and bought Menzies and crew in. Seeing all this talent emerge was brilliant.

1. We lost 7 in a row and the general consensus on the forum was that he is the worst coach to ever hold a clip board

2. We won 4 on the trot against average opposition and the general consensus was that this season has been tough with injuries and disruptions and how Des struggled in his first year at Manly and we should all look forward to a premiership in a couple of seasons under Barrett.

3. We lose to the Eels and the general consensus on the forum is that Barrett is rubbish again and we should all look forward to his impending sacking when we fail again next year.

I give up on this place sometimes haha.
Not me I've been consistent since round 1 & I have no doubt I am right on Barrett.

I have not wavered so far. My opinion is Barrett is a pretender & has no talent at all or he is a puppet to the clown without the balls to make his own calls. Either way I want no part of it. We don't need a puppet or a fool as a coach. If he can stand up & coach the team on his own, call the shots well I will give him next season to improve. If he is the minion to the fool again he can piss off now & take the fool with him.
Your point about Baz being only the 'face' of Manly coaching is valid.

I am mystified as to why Seibold is being moved on, as he, Cartwright and Ferris were reported as being Baz recruited:wondering:

The story of Seibold not getting on with a 'head honcho', therefore highlights the fact that Baz is not the decision maker :cool:

The fact that the players all seem to like him, may mean that he is 'too close to the players'. The very reason that Arko gave last year, for moving 2v on :mad:

Everyone thought Ricky Stuart was so bad he was unemployable as a coach and now those same people are probably crediting someone else for Canberra's resurgence...

Everyone thought Ricky Stuart was so bad he was unemployable as a coach and now those same people are probably crediting someone else for Canberra's resurgence...
Ricky just got rid of all players that did not follow his dictates.
The Coaches that are successfull, are all in total control of their roster :nod:

Sadly, Manly still has senior player(s), back office staff still running their agendas :mad:

I've never thought Ricky was unemployable, neither did the Raiders. The Raiders simply gave up on the "breed our own" program because they were sick of other clubs pinching their young developed players. Don Furner has always been an advocate for salary cap relief or discounts for clubs that develop their own players, but could never get the NRL to come to the party. They still have a lot of their own young blokes, but players like Aidan Sezer, Joey Leilua and Blake Austin were brought in to bolster the side. It has worked.

They don't like it, but they accept that this is the way it has to be if they want to compete, and it's successful! Ricky is producing the goods at the Raiders and what I like the most about him is that he does it from the sideline. I love his emotion and the players and fans on ground respond to it.

They are a club with their heads all facing in the one direction, and all working towards the same goal, a premiership. Unlike some other clubs a little closer to home that are fractured, and scatterbrained.

Seen enough from Barrett to suggest he has something

After the draw from hell to start with an injury toll that wasn't great, after 8 weeks we were 4/4 and sitting in the 8. The injury toll then got ridiculous and we had a run of losses, and when the troops started filing back in the form went upwards and we had a nice little run

Plenty to work on but I have seen plenty I like in our style of play

I've never thought Ricky was unemployable, neither did the Raiders. The Raiders simply gave up on the "breed our own" program because they were sick of other clubs pinching their young developed players. Don Furner has always been an advocate for salary cap relief or discounts for clubs that develop their own players, but could never get the NRL to come to the party. They still have a lot of their own young blokes, but players like Aidan Sezer, Joey Leilua and Blake Austin were brought in to bolster the side. It has worked.

They don't like it, but they accept that this is the way it has to be if they want to compete, and it's successful! Ricky is producing the goods at the Raiders and what I like the most about him is that he does it from the sideline. I love his emotion and the players and fans on ground respond to it.

They are a club with their heads all facing in the one direction, and all working towards the same goal, a premiership. Unlike some other clubs a little closer to home that are fractured, and scatterbrained.

add Hodgson to that list ... he is a big part of their 2016 success

I know people that work on the Raiders coaching staff. Trust me when i say he has no idea about coaching. Man management, yes. Building a culture, Yes. Tactical Coaching, No Idea.

I've never thought Ricky was unemployable, neither did the Raiders.
They don't like it, but they accept . . . Ricky is producing the goods at the Raiders and what I like the most about him is that he does it from the sideline. I love his emotion and the players and fans on ground respond to it.
And / but Ricky IS GREEN, has GREEN blood, bleeds green and most of his dreams would all be in shades of GREEN.
Twenty on the other hand is not a MWSE LOCAL, and it will take ages for him to become a Manly man. Its not impossible but will take lots of time. Do we have the time to wait ?
He cannot act the role, he has to become the genuine article. Hurry up Twenty or GO.

I agree , I would like to hear who the fans rate as the top coaches around today and who are the worst , and see if they thought the same thing two years ago and see what is said 2 years into the future. Or even at the start of this season. I have no idea wether Maguire took The bun buns to a premiership or Mickey Mouse could have done the same thing. A couple of coaches looked pretty good for a year or so when Sonny Boy Williams was cranking it up. The best coaches of the last 20 years incl Bennet , Bellamy and Sheens had teams at times full of dominant international players. To answer the question , maybe the critics are right , but they have powers I don't posses to form these opinions

On my hobble house again ..its a team game ... not just 17 players or even 30 players (how many have we used this year?), its massive structure behind the players + admin. We have succeeded with terrible boards but there was a strong player and support staff work in a similar direction. Why the difference between rabbits now and 2 years ago? Not all going in same direction.

I think Barrett can succeed if he can get the main people going in same direction (ie as a team). He can coach but that does not make him a successful. It will be up to others to make him look good.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6