Are we an ageing team?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I reckon the issue is not age,we have a good mix at present with some good young ones in the U20S for the future.I have said a few times that when it comes to the crunch will the guys who have won two titles already like the Stewies,Matai,Jamie,Choc,KIng(in team but missed GF)Gnuluvau,Kitey subconsciously go that extra yard.

They are the sort of players who try their guts out each week but is that last 1% in them to chase a third.Would be tough mentally I reckon and is one of the reasons back to back is so hard.These guys are looking at 3!

Is it a factor.Dont know but it could be.

globaleagle said:
I love you.

Twice as much as I did yesterday....

And half as much as I will tomorrow.

You on the Canadian Club GE? If so share it around! ;)

Did you see the Global Eagle banner on TV last night?

Mals said:
globaleagle said:
I love you.

Twice as much as I did yesterday....

And half as much as I will tomorrow.

You on the Canadian Club GE? If so share it around! ;)

Did you see the Global Eagle banner on TV last night?

James beam!!!

really? a banner?

I'm gunna go look right now!!!!!

*excited i is*

edit: I DELETED THE GAME IN DISGUST!!!

I love the taste of canadian club but it gives me a cracker of a headache :(

I am going to download the game to see if I can see.

But let me just add - in all honesty, I am truly touched!

@[Mals]

edit edit: I really am truly touched, thanks a lot :) my wife is telling me to stop telling her about it! - fat chance!

:)

The 'old guys' went OK last night. It isn't their fault that Whare, (how old?) failed to nail Morris. And who kicked the ball (how old?) straight to that guy who then ran across the field and up the sideline. Get a grip guys. We lost by 6. I think that we will do well playing straight through to the GF. We don't need the weekend off.

One benefit of having Stevie on the sidelines on a regular basis is that he still plays like a 23 year old, not a 28 year old.

If he keeps up his appointments with the judiciary, he should be playing like a 29 year old at age 35.

Garts said:
The sky is falling and we are gone. It is perfectly reasonable for many on here to think we are favourites one week then all off a sudden after being on the end of a massive 6 point hiding we are in trouble as the players are old and no good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO04VXBIS0M

Darren said:
Hard one, yes, we have some older guys but they have performed all year (lyon, choc, kite, king, brett etc) What we saw last night was a totally dominant forward pack that blitzed us apart.

Weigh up the halves battle: dce and foz are on 600 each and keating would be what on 100-150? who was better? We have spent huge dollars on halves and we saw last night they can't do much with no forwards. Our best forward was a 20 year old rookie winger!! Glenn looked lost last night.

good call Mick, look at Dogs bench: Graham, Finecua, Payne! They made huge inroads. Mauro got shown as a plodder in highest company and buhrer seems to be going nowhere currently in his career. He ain't a back and why we keep putting him there I'm not sure. My mate said we looked lost on the right and we probably were.

He was in the backs because Killer was injured and he was the best option to take his spot. You cannot be that stupid.

Jethro said:
Garts said:
The sky is falling and we are gone. It is perfectly reasonable for many on here to think we are favourites one week then all off a sudden after being on the end of a massive 6 point hiding we are in trouble as the players are old and no good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO04VXBIS0M

That is deadset the Silvertails forum after a loss. Arrrgghhhhhhhhhh ruuunnnnnnn. :lol:

Darren said:
Hard one, yes, we have some older guys but they have performed all year (lyon, choc, kite, king, brett etc) What we saw last night was a totally dominant forward pack that blitzed us apart.

Weigh up the halves battle: dce and foz are on 600 each and keating would be what on 100-150? who was better? We have spent huge dollars on halves and we saw last night they can't do much with no forwards. Our best forward was a 20 year old rookie winger!! Glenn looked lost last night.

good call Mick, look at Dogs bench: Graham, Finecua, Payne! They made huge inroads. Mauro got shown as a plodder in highest company and buhrer seems to be going nowhere currently in his career. He ain't a back and why we keep putting him there I'm not sure. My mate said we looked lost on the right and we probably were.

DCE is on around 100k

And you can't have that many mates Darren, let's not make up fairy tales ;)

Some youth for the bench?

Attachments

• Justin-Bieber-007.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 1
Napper, we have seen Buhrer out wide in several games and he's gets the run around more than Katie Holmes. Surely, ex centre T-Rex who had many years as a back would be a better choice, at least he has had experience there, even choc.

My mate Stefan is a mad Dogs fan who watched the game with me on Friday night. Reckons Glenn looked lost without Jamie outside him.

Darren, 2 questions. Does Jase know about this Stefan bloke that you are hanging out with? And how is Jase tonight, what does he think of Souffs chances now?

Napper said:
He was in the backs because Killer was injured and he was the best option to take his spot. You cannot be that stupid.

Nothing at all unusual in that argument on this forum.

We had a solid two years of it with T-Rex when Snake and Wolfie were mostly out and the outside backs cupboards were bare.

Darren said:
Napper, we have seen Buhrer out wide in several games and he's gets the run around more than Katie Holmes. Surely, ex centre T-Rex who had many years as a back would be a better choice, at least he has had experience there, even choc.

My mate Stefan is a mad Dogs fan who watched the game with me on Friday night. Reckons Glenn looked lost without Jamie outside him.

So lets see, you'd rather a slower backrower who has proven horrid in the centres up against morris, barba/bowen thurston.

Or

Arguably the worlds best 2nd rower who has been training, playing up the middle for 3 years in the centres.

You're clever

Manly Wawhinger said:
We have a good mixture of youth and experience!

Manly have been very successful over the last few years so our youth is also experienced :)

Ban it

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8