Are we a lazy side?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ok - so our team on paper is reasonably good but not top shelf. We lack pace and flair in the backs and we lack mongrel and aggression in our forwards. Without those two qualities in a team u are not winning the comp and if ure lucky u may make top 8. Personally if we were just playing with more passion, executing better, playing smarter and were switched on for the full 80 I'd be ok with that. But we're not. Des needs to squeeze every ounce of ability out of everyone in that team. And he's not. So am I happy atm??? No I'm f**arking not. Go Manly

I agree, I think our structure/depth/timing and energy has been lacking all year.
Yep. We don’t run onto the ball, run in numbers or defend with line speed. We are also poor at pressuring kickers and making silly errors. That’s when we are bad. Really need to be more professional and get this effort stuff right every week if we are going to compete with the good teams.
We are slow and disorganised. We are way off being a top 4 side. We'll struggle to make the 8 this year.
Yes we lack energy and just don’t play attacking footy at times.
No idea how to get to the other end of the field without having to storm the ditches. no one who can give the team a strategic breather when they are out on there feet.

Not targeting anybody .... but all these comments ... and not one person mentioned the "D" word .. Dessie .... how long does the honeymoon last before someone has the town halls to directly criticise the coach ? ... and then deal with the avalanche of self righteous outrage ..

I thought blaming the coach for everything was a National sport on Silvertails ...

Not targeting anybody .... but all these comments ... and not one person mentioned the "D" word .. Dessie .... how long does the honeymoon last before someone has the town halls to directly criticise the coach ? ... and then deal with the avalanche of self righteous outrage ..

I thought blaming the coach for everything was a National sport on Silvertails ...

I think it might be more of a personnel/cultural issue unfortunately. It started sneaking in after the Gifty departure saga and become more dominant during the Barrett era. We have recruited a few players prone to "emotional" enthusiasm levels, they're good when they're firing but lack consistent effort. It is certainly improving under Des, but you can't change players personalities completely and with contracts it can take a few years to get rid of.

I did... #scratches massive orchestra stalls

it was only a few weeks ago Des was lauded for making the average above average. Your right that we didnt muscle up past the 15 minute mark last week but i wonder

We try not to kick in last, i reckon its because we are so crap and you dont want to give away 7 tackles. But maybe des knows what players he has and the plan is about them as opposed to the footy

Maybe des reckons this is the best these boys can get
Tom changes everything
He was looking jarred haynesy when he went on his golden run before injury

it was only a few weeks ago Des was lauded for making the average above average. Your right that we didnt muscle up past the 15 minute mark last week but i wonder

We try not to kick in last, i reckon its because we are so crap and you dont want to give away 7 tackles. But maybe des knows what players he has and the plan is about them as opposed to the footy

Maybe des reckons this is the best these boys can get
Tom changes everything
He was looking jarred haynesy when he went on his golden run before injury
So you are saying DCE is a crap kicker and Des is trying to plan around it.
I rest my case about needing a REAL 7 and DCE to 6...thanks.

good read why panthers are playing well, and doing all the things Manly need to do better

Nathan is playing well because he has a smart quality hooker in Api
Panthers are getting quick play the balls, playing up tempo footy

Manly were at their best last year when the forwards were getting quick play the balls and off loads, and then we had two good hookers capitalizing on this and combining great with DCE and Tom.

Having a reserve grade hooker and lack luster play the balls and no off loads this year is a big reason we dont look like a top 4 side.

We
good read why panthers are playing well, and doing all the things Manly need to do better

Nathan is playing well because he has a smart quality hooker in Api
Panthers are getting quick play the balls, playing up tempo footy

Manly were at their best last year when the forwards were getting quick play the balls and off loads, and then we had two good hookers capitalizing on this and combining great with DCE and Tom.

Having a reserve grade hooker and lack luster play the balls and no off loads this year is a big reason we dont look like a top 4 side.
We have the 4TH worst attack in the comp this season. Definitely missing Manase.

We are lacking genuine attacking options with Turbo, Walker, Suli and Fainu out.

Those 4 would usually be in the opposition “to watch out for” sheet.

Naturally, defences would hold off/keep an extra eye on them, creating doubt, thus creating possibly more opportunities for DCE and our lesser knowns.

However with them all not available, opposition teams don’t see the Croker, Levi, Elliot and Garrick as much of a threat and this boosts the opposition team confidence and their decision making would be clearer and concise as they view the above non threats. This pretty much leaves DCE high and dry.

How would these teams go without:

Roosters

Tedesco
Manu
Keary
Friend

Storm

Papenhuyzen
Mimorovski
Munster
Smith

Eels

Gutherson
Blake
Brown
Mahoney

Raiders

CNK
Croker
Wighton
Hodgson

Some People here blasting DCE for not stepping up, but they are forgetting it’s a team game. We simply don’t have the cattle at the moment.

We are lacking genuine attacking options with Turbo, Walker, Suli and Fainu out.

Those 4 would usually be in the opposition “to watch out for” sheet.

Naturally, defences would hold off/keep an extra eye on them, creating doubt, thus creating possibly more opportunities for DCE and our lesser knowns.

However with them all not available, opposition teams don’t see the Croker, Levi, Elliot and Garrick as much of a threat and this boosts the opposition team confidence and their decision making would be clearer and concise as they view the above non threats. This pretty much leaves DCE high and dry.

How would these teams go without:

Roosters

Tedesco
Manu
Keary
Friend

Storm

Papenhuyzen
Mimorovski
Munster
Smith

Eels

Gutherson
Blake
Brown
Mahoney

Raiders

CNK
Croker
Wighton
Hodgson

Some People here blasting DCE for not stepping up, but they are forgetting it’s a team game. We simply don’t have the cattle at the moment.

You may not have realised, but Suli is playing @:D

Exactly. Lost that game in the first half with silly errors and giving away 6 to go. Everyone blaming DCE again, Jake's blatant hold down on the 4th with 1 min to go cost us the game more than anything. We have that game to Newcastle.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6