Are there any sides worth writing off?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
I am already hearing that Wests Tigers, Roosters, Dragons and Canberra are no chance of making the Semis. If so that leaves 12 teams fighting for 8 spots.

Who agrees with this analysis? Are there other teams people are ready to write off? Some have even condemned the Broncos?

Who will make the semis? Too early to call?

THe Rorters are certainties. I couldn't pick my nose this year and proof is that I tipped the Bongos for a big year but with next to no points and rep honours they will be hard pressed to get there; and I tipped (and backed) the Eels for the wooden spoon under Hagan and mass team changes but they have surprised me with 3 in a row and they could do ok. Panthers, Dragons, Canberra, and Tiges look moderate so that leaves slight outsiders such as Knights and Sharks who will probably fill the balance out of the money.

I can't forget the Cowboys looking so good and falling in a hole, but that is the way I see it for now.

I reckon something like

Storm
Cowboys
Manly
Bulldogs
Warriors
Broncos - I just can't see them missing the 8.

Panthers, Parra, Knights, Raiders and Dragons for the last 2 spots.

It's really hard to pick, it only takes a 5 weeks or so of good footy post origin to make a charge in to the 8 so I wouldn't rule any side out yet.

The Broncos are in real trouble. 1-4 and the rep season just starting. I can't see them beating the Knights this weekend either.

:dance: :dance:

After last night the Roosters must be good odds for the spoon.
Very ordinary for most of the match.
They will lose Nate Myles for a few weeks.

the rorters look to be the only team worth writing off at the moment. they just dont seem to have any fire in them and i dont see anderson picking them up.

unless he goes and they find another JT, they are spoon certainties.

I woudn't right off the Dragons yet, they have had this type of start in previous seasons and have come home with a wet sail.

Roosters are deadset gone while Raiders, Tigers, Sharks are struggling. Souths look like they might be a bit wobbly as well.

im hoping the broncos continue their run to date

the roosters are shot, canberra will pull an occasional win but wont feature come september, i dont think the tigers have much more to offer.

Penrith will be up and down more than Ryan and will be close to the 8.

Without Bedsy the knights will struggle.

Im not sure the dragons will be able to recover this year having lost a few senior guys, but im not willing to write them off, thats for sure.

Parra are twice the side with cayless and hindmarsh on the field, without those 2 they are gone.

tits will come close

sharks i dont know

I reckon the eight will be as follows;
1.Bulldogs
2.Melbourne
3.Manly
4.cowboys
5.Broncos
6.Parra
7.Warriors
8.Tigers

I think your close to the mark Sheila but I am not sure about your order or tigers

I can see the top 8 looking something like:

Melbourne
Manly
Cowboys
Bulldogs
Warriors
Eels
Titans
Knights

No Bunnies, No Broncos. The Bunnies were all hype and have tripped over their own bull****. Broncos are too far out to be contenders and are playing like a team that won't start winning in a hurry. I'm feeling more positive about playing them at home in round 10 now.

Nate Myles is gone for many weeks for his hit. Clenched fist king hit. He didn't even go to grab him. It was just a punch in the side of the face trying to disguised it as a tackle.

Nate Myles is gone for many weeks for his hit. Clenched fist king hit. He didn't even go to grab him. It was just a punch in the side of the face trying to disguised it as a tackle.

That was a pretty bad hit - fist and all. He is overrated too - why were the Rooters so keen on him in the first place? I'd love to know what he is on. I think the Bulldogs pack just made him look good.

There was an article earlier this week that suggested the salary cap isn't exactly having the desired effect. It argues that the reason for a salary cap is to spread talent evenly over the competition. It went on to suggest that its having the adverse effect and causing teams to successful for short bursts before having to disperse the team and start a rebuilding process. It also put that down to the problem that is now facing the Roosters.

I think its complete bull**** quite frankly. One look over the entire competition shows that the cap is doing a very good job. Including at the roosters. Players like Braith Anasta, Anthony Minichello, Nate Myles, Anthony Tupou, Iosia Soliola, Craig Wing, Craig Fitzgibon. These guys are big name players.

The problem with the roosters is, since their 'demise' so to speak, they have been bolstering their playing roster with blokes who have big names status but are generally all round over-rated. Not one of their big name signings in recent year would be considered a star by anybody other than those in the media who talk them up. What they have in essence is a group of big name players who are just all hype. It has nothing to do with salary cap rubbish but more with who they are choosing to purchase.

They continue to buy players who have already earnt a reputation elsewhere. They should purchase players with potential and a point to prove.

I recall three years ago sue ridgepipe was very concerned about the Roosters and was suggesting tthey were on the cusp of a dynasty.

This was based on a discussion with Arthur Beetson and his perception of the talent coming through the lower ranks.

Makes a pretty compelling argument that lower grade form does not always traanslate well to the big show. The Roosters are diabolical and their emerging "talent" hasn't really impressed.

One of sue's poorer calls with the benefit of hindsight. ;)

will be up and down more than Ryan

Just like getting smashed blind drunk at a game, going on the Internet and abusing/threatenning everyone, then forgetting what you said the next day and have to apologise? And you try and make your persona balanced?

Hypocrite

Ryan you whinged at how you were an angel and now you are regularly putting the boot in - thats hypocritical. but feel free to keep bringing up one incident from a couple of years ago - it wont change the fact that you are up and down, most posters have commented, not just myself.

What i find strange is that you stick the boot in on something that was said as a bit of an in joke for the site yet there is another thread where you cop a lot worse, maybe i should go and post in there seems warrented now.

I will be dissapointed if you dont reply calling be an inbecile again.

Ryan you whinged at how you were an angel and now you are regularly putting the boot in - thats hypocritical. but feel free to keep bringing up one incident from a couple of years ago - it wont change the fact that you are up and down, most posters have commented, not just myself.

What i find strange is that you stick the boot in on something that was said as a bit of an in joke for the site yet there is another thread where you cop a lot worse, maybe i should go and post in there seems warrented now.

I will be dissapointed if you dont reply calling be an inbecile again.

Check the other thread Fluffy.
Subtle niggles (ALA Byso) are different from having fun. And I won't label you an imbecile again that's self appointing ;) JK - and also remember - I also said I made the imbecile call general - not directed at you.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4