Are Souffs the new grubs of the NRL?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Get over it guys ! Its posts like this that gives us the tag of "worst losers" in the NRL.

Souths beat us at home and we beat ourselves at another of their away games last night.

Some on here seem to have a very short memory and calling other players Grubs.

After we have Matai who is a saint when it comes to fair play , we have had Hoppa play for us as well ..and not to mention we tried to break Inglis' neck twice in round 1 , with the worst type of tackle that can be possibly be made on a player .

They beat us twice , lets move on and look in our own backyard before making silly comments like this lead post and degrading the Eagles name even further .There are semis around the corner and I'm sure we will meet them again !

Get over it guys and stop degrading the Eagles supporters image even further !

ManlyBacker said:
Testicle squeezes, ankle twisting, diving in every form to gain an advantage and topped with cheap head highs, elbows and knees. How low will this team go to win the comp? Is there an ugly culture at Redfern? I'm seeing one. Feel free to express and vent. :)

An ugly culture at Redfern ? I'l ltell you what an ugly culture is :
1) Having our coach whinge like a baby every time we lose .
2) Claiming a leg twist is a dog act when our player spear tackled Inglis twice in the Round 1 game.- Nothing is more grubby than that !
3) Crying about aother players tactics when we , support Matai on his fair play and Judicary record and praising Hoppa for looking for his keys in anal cavaties of opposing players .

You my friend need to look in our own back yard before posting silly comments after a loss to a better side on the night - because it seems we have players past and prtesent who have conducted themselves on and off the field in a far worse manner than Lima's tackle last night - Posts like this only gives fuel to name tag as sorest losers in the NRL .

I just find it comical that these bogans all come out of the woodwork for a club that hasn't played in a Grand final for over 40 years. What a bunch of desparate losers. I've supported Manly since 1973 as an 8 year old and I have never in my life seen these cock heads anywhere near a grand final. It's just hilarious.

What about the shoulder charge Inglis hit Matai in the head with as he was diving to score that try. I was cheering that goose sent it upstairs because I thought we were a chance for a 8 point try. Instead we got screwed!

If you watch the game back, EVERY tackle on Watmough involved a Souths player coming in late and targeting his legs. Lima's was just the most blatant/successful. As Toove's hinted, that can't be a coincidence.

It is amazing we have Souffs fans sprouting before they have won anything but many on here have amazing blinkers when we wish. To think there are vendettas sounds like school playground stuff. Every team thinks their hard done by and Moanly gets played a bit too often. Some on here think Matai is hard done by but opposition fans think he is the biggest grub in history (with Crocker)

Very hard to see what your point is Darren. Or points. Did someone mention a vendetta, I missed that reference?
As to 'Moanly', what are you saying? Are you suggesting that Manly complains more than other teams?
As to what opposition fans think of Matai...opposition fans might think we are the silvertails, does that make it so?

NRL, refs, commentators all get loads of mentions as being against us. I read this all the time on here!! We do complain a lot and look at nearly all the threads since we played. Happens most times we lose. Souths scored points in the 2nd half and we didn't. We can cry about the refs but we had lots of opportunities to score and we didn't. I'm sure the referee association isn't plotting their staff to make us lose. Teams and staff lose matches.

Darren said:
NRL, refs, commentators all get loads of mentions as being against us. I read this all the time on here!! We do complain a lot and look at nearly all the threads since we played. Happens most times we lose. Souths scored points in the 2nd half and we didn't. We can cry about the refs but we had lots of opportunities to score and we didn't. I'm sure the referee association isn't plotting their staff to make us lose. Teams and staff lose matches.

Where have you been for the last 6 weeks Darren?

Boys, when we score more than them we will win!! We control our destiny. Losers make excuses, winners just win!! Let's get back to that roll on we just had!

People here speak their mind when there is obvious incorrect calls that go against Manly. Thats life Darren and more importantly thats valid.

If the refs ping us unnecessarily and dont ping the opposition then its no conspiracy to say so.

ip address shows ONE member on here = blasnik on the kennel.

And we all know now which one it is!

JUST SAYING

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff Lima.

The crocodile roll is one of the filthyest things you can do to a bloke on the footy field. Right up there with grabbing a bloke on the nuts. He should get a month for that. Bet you he doesn't though.

I can see why players target Watmough's legs in tackles, he has the BEST foot work of any forward in the comp!! But if you look at what Lima did he purposely rolled to make his knee move in an 'out-of-plane' movement. Grub doesn't begin to describe that act. Ppl who think Inglis didn't give Fa'aoso a hand in the spear tackle need only to look at what happened on Friday as justification that it's not BS but he is a trained diver.

Souths v Dogs on this weekend.... Best theatre show in town for those who appreciate the arts (the irony of Dogs & Souths supporters being cultured)

It may seem like a rant, a whinge by Toovs but the media certainly hasn't been against his opinions on what has been happening. I think Toovey has been biting his tongue about a lot of things this season but a couple of weeks before the finals with blatant obvious calls going against his side with a massively lob sided penatly count who wouldn't blow up like he did. Ppl think that post match presser did nothing but damage the players are mis-guided, i'm not a player and i got really fired up after watching it. If i saw my coach risk being fined and suspended to speak his mind and convey what they all were thinking then i would bust my guts for him even more. Every time the Journos asked Jamie a question, Toovs jumped in to shield his captain from being mis-represented in the media. The man is a true leader in every sense of the word and i cannot be prouder to have a more commited man leading our team.

Wait to see what happens over the next few weeks but i would hate to be meeting the Sea Eagles in the coming weeks because they will be out to prove a point, not just for themselves but for their coach who spoke out and defended them knowing full well that he may get suspended or heavily fined. They have the Scum in the coming weeks and will get to test themselves again against a proven winning side.

In having said that i must give a big wrap to Adam Reynolds, he had an opportunity to turn the game on it's head and did it like a champion. Probably the only Souths player i can stand in that team simply because he is the only one with brains and footballing sense as opposed to the thick headed goons and divers in the team.

Reynolds is the key to Souffs. Target him and you win. The rest of the team is ordinary. His kick to the line was a match turner. And Inglis is indeed a diver.

Stevo said:
Jeff Lima.

The crocodile roll is one of the filthyest things you can do to a bloke on the footy field. Right up there with grabbing a bloke on the nuts. He should get a month for that. Bet you he doesn't though.

Burgess isn't missing any matches as a result of the nut twist. The reason he is serving any time at all is due to his judiciary points loading.

As for Lima the grub, he should count himself very lucky if he's able to take part in the final series.

I actually think the leg twist is worse than the dog biting incident, it has the potential to cause way more damage. Didn't the dog get 8-12 weeks

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6