Are Brisbane the real deal??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Earlier I was in doubt but they have proved a definate challenger imo....
Tough pack of fowards with close to the most improved NRL player Ben Hunt directing play , plus the addition of Milford who is learning his role there...& quickly.
Boyd is solid if not super at the back & defensively as proved again against a Storm side with 70% of possession - they are close to the best.
Attitude always seems good & yet to play a real shocker which is the sign of a serious contender.
Still think Nth Qld & Roosters are the favourites, but this team is snapping at their heals & will be in the fight at the business end & on recent form, could easily upset either.
Hoping the Seaeagles win the next 2 so they can set up a solid 2nd half season & fight for 5-8 position but these 3 plus a Souths team in 2nd gear are the top guns atm....

The Bronco's performance against the Drizzle could point more to the Storms pathetic attack than Brisbanes fantastic defence.

However I do think they have a good shot at being minor premiers and a Broncos V Cows GF would not surprise.

Cowboys really should take it out this year.

And as much as I hate Thurston you really couldn't begrudge them a premiership. They've been through plenty of heartache and yet are still a very passionate fan base up there.

If Brisbane defend like they did against the drizzle and continue that resilience they are a good chance, it will all come down to injuries as we approach the back end, I have a gut feel the cowpokes will be close, they are winning close games and winning at the death regulary and they have JT to finish games off. As much as I hate to admit it the Roosters and the Dogs have what it takes to win it too.

All their plays revolve around Hunt, so if he gets injured then we can say that they are a real deal. Scumos had Cronk and Slater missing. Both are instrumental in their every play.

Dogs need Mbye and Kasiano to control a game. Some of their games are truly awefull to watch when neither is in control.

Cows need JT, so his rep game workload will come back to bite them in the finals.

Rorters are the only ones with backup attacking talent. Friend and Aubisson can win them games without Pearce.

Then there is the X Factor - Manly @:)

I think they are. Their defence against the Storm reminded us of how we used to defend when we were the real deal.

It's a good question. To me to be the real deal it means
1) Can you finish the season in the Top 4?
2) Can you then lift in the Semis and win the big games?

I've been surprised by the Broncs this year, but they are playing quite well and above all are doing what Wayne Bennett teams do....defend well. I think that gives them an excellent chance of finishing top 4. So that gets point 1)
Point 2).....I'm not sure. I do wonder if they have the firepower come semis to roll teams like the Roosters, Cows, etc. They are certainly a chance though, and since they are defending well wont have to chase a lot of points. I'm just not sure they have the x-factor of the other top teams. But I'd still have them finishing in the PF or the GF.

The Bronco's performance against the Drizzle could point more to the Storms pathetic attack than Brisbanes fantastic defence.

However I do think they have a good shot at being minor premiers and a Broncos V Cows GF would not surprise.

Yeah this, Scum with no cronk and slater meant they had no real finishing options.
Bongos did defend 11 drop outs, which is impressive.

The Scum v Manly draw year or 2 back, that was some impressive defence. :)

Cast your mind back to this time last year. We were comfortably leading the table, and charging toward a minor premiership.

Then.... Foran's heartstrings start hurting for Brad, DCE is injured during SOO, we struggle along riding our luck to about RD 21 when we start losing players left right and center to injury and suspension, before going into the semis playing like busted *ssholes and severely down on troops, capitulating in straight sets with barely a whimper.

Neither Broncos nor the Cows have lost any key players to injury. They've had reasonably straight forward draws and of course the Donkeys get the beautiful seven day turn around week in week out..

I think the Cows are potentially a better side than the Donkeys but have been riding a fair amount of luck. Both teams will finish in the top 4 and are very real contenders.

However.. No one gets a premiership in June, and things can go very wrong very quickly in the NRL..

I think they will get their ear chewed off just like the original Real Deal.

Top 4 and out in the GF qualifier.
Although they are significantly better with Milford, I still think their forwards are one dimensional compared to the Roosters and Cowboys and will be found out by the more mobile and skilled packs at crunch time.

I think they certainly are.

They defend stoutly, run hard, and play for 80 minutes.

There are a lot of similarities to the Dragons of 2009, 2010...maybe they will fall a game or two short this year, but next year they will be damn hard to beat. You can just see them building, and the enthusiasm they possess makes them a very dangerous proposition.

Seriously is this the silvertails or brisbane bronco website
Its a Manly website, but for those who dont realise - they play in a thing called the NRL against other teams & would you believe...other players.

Brisbane are pretenders.
No one wins a grand final in June.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7