Approved $ 36.1 million funding for centre of excellence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Has anyone got the council's opinion on whether this COE should be built ?
I mean, don't they actually own the joint ?

On the membership front, we need to develop the same attitude that has been developed by the AFL clubs. If you're not a member, you're not even considered a fan. Rightly or wrongly.

I'm also a Sydney FC member and even they have over 15,000.

Sure - leave it with me.

However if you want you can PM your details and I can get the membership team to call you to explain and go thru your options?
TBH the membership team left a bad taste in my mouth when I cancelled my membership with the Toovey treatment. The continued emails and phone calls were too much. I cancelled, unsubscribe and still got bombarded contrary to the legislation and told them so and STILL got emails and fone calls, had to wave the ombudsman at them for it to stop, eventually
IF I was to sign up again it would be with a fake fone number and throw away email.

Has anyone got the council's opinion on whether this COE should be built ?
I mean, don't they actually own the joint ?

On the membership front, we need to develop the same attitude that has been developed by the AFL clubs. If you're not a member, you're not even considered a fan. Rightly or wrongly.

I'm also a Sydney FC member and even they have over 15,000.
Google ‘Manly Daily Online’ and you will find quotes from Mayor Michael ‘Ronald’ Regan.

When in doubt, ask Professor Google.

TBH the membership team left a bad taste in my mouth when I cancelled my membership with the Toovey treatment. The continued emails and phone calls were too much. I cancelled, unsubscribe and still got bombarded contrary to the legislation and told them so and STILL got emails and fone calls, had to wave the ombudsman at them for it to stop, eventually
IF I was to sign up again it would be with a fake fone number and throw away email.
No worries I will get some information for you next week

Why do they only mention a new northern grandstand? Seems to me an entire stadium is being built, no?
I need more space in Jane Try dammit.

Hopefully a team of Sherpas will be included in this package to carry me from the Leagues Club to the Hll and back.

That would be Excellent.

Sure - leave it with me.

However if you want you can PM your details and I can get the membership team to call you to explain and go thru your options?

Hi Wheel,

I know it is too late for this year, but could you mention to Lyall the idea of a purely basic membership for people that don't live anywhere near Brookie (like Ireland or just interstate) where you literally for around $50 for an Adult and say $30 for a kid under 16 you get a purely basic membership where you get sent a sticker and keyring or a plastic card and that is it. It would be a great membership for people that simply do not have the disposable cash to spend on a full membership with game access that they are never going to use. I will probably sign up anyway this year but it is getting harder and harder for me every year to part with $85 plus knowing that I cant go to games. Our membership prices are at a fine price point if you are attending even 1 match, but if you won't see a game $85 can be a lot for people who are struggling to balance the budget. If they introduce these types of token memberships it will be pure profit as there is no cost to the club, and people like myself will be tempted to buy the 4 nephews a $30 membership each for $120 and drive our member numbers through the roof. As I said this would only be for people who can't attend games that live a decent distance away. Lower membership costs = higher membership numbers. NRL and the likes of the Telegraph look at total member numbers more than they look at total spend per member.

Better still if they did a deal with the NRL and included a subscription to watchnrl.com then I would happily pay full freight because that costs €149 a year on its own.

Last edited:
@The Wheel or @Mitch ... thanks for the feedback fellas ..... just one more bit of info that would be interesting .... who is responsible for the preparation of the playing surface .....

I know the ground is owned by the Council and Manly lease it for a motza .... but is part of our leash that we also take responsibility for ground preparation or is that part of Councils responsibilty ..... If the ground is not up to standard .. can we withhold payment or actually sue the council ??

I ask because there is another article in the Telecrap today about the surface ... and that the Waratahs and the soccer mob are all worried about injuries etc etc .....

@The Wheel or @Mitch ... thanks for the feedback fellas ..... just one more bit of info that would be interesting .... who is responsible for the preparation of the playing surface .....

I know the ground is owned by the Council and Manly lease it for a motza .... but is part of our leash that we also take responsibility for ground preparation or is that part of Councils responsibilty ..... If the ground is not up to standard .. can we withhold payment or actually sue the council ??

I ask because there is another article in the Telecrap today about the surface ... and that the Waratahs and the soccer mob are all worried about injuries etc etc .....

Council - and they whinge and moan about it

Not sure if it is just me but in the pictures I cannot see a grandstand, just some terraced seating in front of a building pretty much were the grass it now.

Are there corporate facilities in the build part?

Not sure if it is just me but in the pictures I cannot see a grandstand, just some terraced seating in front of a building pretty much were the grass it now.

No DA yet, those drawings are just an artist's impression

Definitely the council, i think there could be a concern from us that it will be fit for the game V the chooks as well

The commercial part of the COE will be multi purpose from my understanding eg office space turns into corporate box/function room on match days

Hi Wheel, what does the Interstate membership get for the $155? Can you ask please. Seems quite steep.
The can't get to games membership of 85 bucks seems steep compared to other clubs / sports.
Dont mind paying but the description in your link is very poor.

@manlyfan76

Interstate package benefit (apart from usual inclusion like hat, stickers, discounts, priority tix purchase etc) is;

• Tix to Brisbane ‘game’ V Broncos
  • Entrance to post match club function with players etc after this game
  • Choice of Sea Eagles cooler bag or scarf
Therefore depending on where you live depends on the value you get (obviously focused on SE Qld).

If you don’t live there or won’t be going to the Brisbane game &/or function I think the Born & Bred package is best for you where you get all of the inclusions inc. the cooler bag or scarf but no Brisbane tix/function.

Does that help?

Last edited:
The interstate (Brisbane) package seems too pricey to be honest.

I agree with others that there should be a basic package.

Thanks for the help @The Wheel.

Would be nice if an official from the club posted on here also.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6