Appears we have a trial game at Gosford

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brookie4eva

Bencher
I was having a read through League Unlimited last night, and there was mention we have a trial game at Gosford, I checked the events page on the Bluetongue Stadium website, and they have listed -

Sat 16th February 2013 Manly v Roosters trial NRL

I would have though seeing as we take enough games to Gosford every year they could something different for a trial, I also really dislike this stadium.

I am assuming if it's listed on the stadium website it is reasonably "official".

Brookie4eva said:
I was having a read through League Unlimited last night, and there was mention we have a trial game at Gosford, I checked the events page on the Bluetongue Stadium website, and they have listed -

I also really dislike this stadium.

I quite like Bluetongue stadium , apart from the missing grandstand . Is the reason you don't like it because its in Gosford ? Or because you don't like the design of the place ?

Average bull said:
Brookie4eva said:

I quite like Bluetongue stadium , apart from the missing grandstand . Is the reason you don't like it because its in Gosford ? Or because you don't like the design of the place ?

Yes, when it is near capacity the queues are ridiculous and there is hardly anywhere to move behind the stands between the bathroom lines and beer lines.

Also they only serve blue tongue on tap and i despise that beer.

Average bull said:
Brookie4eva said:

It's a sardine tin where you're all over the people next to you, getting tripped over by anyone who trys to walk past. Food, drink, pissers or anywhere in the outer becomes gridlock at about half capacity and unless you're in very specific seats the view of the game is terrible and as they put you in allocated seats, you can't do much about it.
I refuse to go there. I might for a trial because the crowd might be at a level that the ground can handle.

Bluetongue is not up to NRL standard. It can't handle NRL size crowds.

Duff said:
Average bull said:
Brookie4eva said:

It's a sardine tin where you're all over the people next to you, getting tripped over by anyone who trys to walk past. Food, drink, pissers or anywhere in the outer becomes gridlock at about half capacity and unless you're in very specific seats the view of the game is terrible and as they put you in allocated seats, you can't do much about it.
I refuse to go there. I might for a trial because the crowd might be at a level that the ground can handle.

Maybe I shouldn't compare it to Brooky .

Duff said:
Average bull said:
Brookie4eva said:

We'll be right then. We don't get NRL sized crowds.

Average bull said:
Brookie4eva said:

Duff and Jonesy have already expressed it well.

Average bull said:
Duff said:
Average bull said:
Brookie4eva said:

Defo don't compare it to Brooky, it can't compete. GA standing area with panoramic views from end to end. The ability for people to move around without treading on one another. It even has cramped plastic seats available for those massichists who enjoy the Bluetongue, SFS style punishment. At least you have a choice. The stadiums only cater for cattle class.

Don't forget Bluetounge was built for norths so it was never intended to be more than a quarter full.

Brookie4eva said:
Average bull said:
Brookie4eva said:

I thought for sure you'd say it's because it's in Gosford .

We go there a fair bit because its closer to where we live .

Duff said:
Average bull said:
Duff said:
Average bull said:
Brookie4eva said:

Defo don't compare it to Brooky, it can't compete. GA standing area with panoramic views from end to end. The ability for people to move around without treading on one another. It even has cramped plastic seats available for those massichists who enjoy the Bluetongue, SFS style punishment. At least you have a choice. The stadiums only cater for cattle class.

I don't have the luxury of choice . I sit in a hard plastic seat or I don't go !

Bluetongue Stadium is fine, better than most stadiums in the NRL. When it's near capacity yes it does get cramped but so does Brookie, Kogarah, Parra etc.

Average bull said:
Brookie4eva said:
Average bull said:
Brookie4eva said:

Duff said:
Average bull said:
Duff said:
Average bull said:

I don't have the luxury of choice . I sit in a hard plastic seat or I don't go !

Explain. The hill ****s on any seat, at any ground. Unless you're in a wheelchair, there is no excuse.

I tend to agree with Duff on the sardine-like qualities of Bluetongue. I think it should be renamed King Oscar Stadium.

tookey said:
Don't forget Bluetounge was built for norths so it was never intended to be more than a quarter full.

Very naughty Tookey. Probably right but very naughty

Duff said:
Average bull said:
Brookie4eva said:
Average bull said:
Brookie4eva said:

Duff said:
Average bull said:
Duff said:

Explain. The hill ****s on any seat, at any ground. Unless you're in a wheelchair, there is no excuse.

Nope , not going to explain anything , you can have your hill if you want it . No good to me though .

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8