Appalled no Free to Air of Ashes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
I am appalled that none of the networks could be bothered doing a live telecast of the Ashes tests next year. For those of us who don't haveFoxtel/can't afford it/on principle refuse to support Uncle Rupert cause he stuffed our game, it is very bad news.

Nine have been poor the last few times and have never liked the Cricket/Wimbledon split. Very poor form and it just goes to show that self regulation and deregulation are a joke. Federal Govt promised that events of national interest would be protected but the TV stations run their own show. Imagine what will happen when Telstra is deregulated???

I don't buy this poppycock that the Ashes doesn't rate highly enough. It rates through the roof when it is on. This is all about depriving people of a marquee event to force them to shell out for Foxtel (if you're able to get it that is. Unfortunately we're out of the viewing area :evil: ).

Quick Test:

Who here can tell me what was happening on the episode of ER when the first session of the first Ashes Test was broadcast in 1997?

Who here was listening to the cricket on radio and can give a brief description of what happened in that first session?

Are we fired up for tomorrow mornings start? Im ready for the 10:30am start against the kiwi's...fire up you aussies!!!!!!!!11

One would hope that the Aussies are capable of giving the kiwis the mother of all pastings. Brett Lee would be their first paceman picked. :lol:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4