Apology To Lyall Gorman

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
I know Mr Gorman reads this forum, so as a person who has bagged him since he started, called him a phantom, I just want to thank Lyall for getting this joint back on track.

What a turnaround just a few positive announcements/appointments do.

I know its not just Lyall but I think he has pulled this place together and understands what a family we have and its just been lacking that family touch.

Anyway cheers Mr Penn, Lyall and all your staff. You have made 2019 worth waiting for.

Well said.
I've had the pleasure of talking to him many times when he was at the central coast mariners and was always impressed with his demeanor and humility.
I think he's been given the keys and the rubber has hit the road.
Drive on...

I never doubted you Lyle, I understood your first season at the mighty eagles was spent putting out spot fires and dealing with salary crap drama.
None of which you had anything to do with, I look forward to you doing your job to the best if your ability and helping to make this proud club great again.

Lyall would be the first to say we don't need to apologise. I doubt he took it personally. If he was in this rats cage with us, knowing as little as we do, and as passionate about this club as we are - he'd be in there snarling too. It's stress relief.

I think even he did not know what was around the corner when he joined this club. Everything kinda went BOOM after he joined.

There is still much work to do. I doubt he is having a drink just yet

NYEagle

I wouldn't go as far as to apologise. I'm still in the camp that Cartwright was going to be the coach until the members meeting, so this is a lesson to never underestimate the power of fan pressure for mine. With that said it wouldn't have been easy to bring Scott around to the idea of Des being back in the fold. God if you take your mind back to the weeks after the 2011 GF those were some toxic times within the hierarchy.

Kudos for listening to the members and fans though. That he can give himself a pat on the back for and in going after Des as difficult a persuasion it would have been, he must take stock in what we have to say. With these positive steps for the club I can accept another below par season as long as I see progress, now that we have our mojo back in the club and from reports.

I suspect that wont happen with the experience being splashed back all over the club so thankyou management. Good job. I'm excited.

Last edited:
I wouldn't go as far as to apologise. I'm still in the camp that Cartwright was going to be the coach until the members meeting, so this is a lesson to never underestimate the power of fan pressure for mine. With that said it wouldn't have been easy to bring Scott around to the idea of Des being back in the fold. God if you take your mind back to the weeks after the 2011 GF those were some toxic times within the hierarchy.

Kudos for listening to the members and fans though. That he can give himself a pat on the back for and in going after Des as difficult a persuasion it would have been, he must take stock in what we have to say. With these positive steps for the club I can accept another below par season as long as I see progress, now that we have our mojo back in the club and from reports.

I suspect that wont happen with the experience being splashed back all over the club so thankyou management. Good job. I'm excited.
Won't have to wait long for success mate. This team has a load of potential and injuries willing, Des will put together a game plan that will get us into the top 8 and push for top 4 next year itself.

• 🤝
Reactions: mbe
This thread.....to lyall.
giphy.gif

I don't think we can expect lyall to lace up. On field results are the coach and players responsibility. As CEO, lyall gets an A+ from me.
and who signs off on the coach and players.....Lyall so if they don't perform then the choice was poor and we have nothing to thank Lyall for

You'd be a pretty hard marker not to be happy with what Gorman has achieved so far. He has done all he can, particularly given the salary cap handicap that was none of his making.
Im a notoriously hard marker, that's why my kids hate Sundays when I grade the assessment I make them write each week....

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8