Apology and Sorry

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Are you in support of the Apology made by the Government to the Aboriginal People?

• Heck Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

• No Way!

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Fro link said:
No it isnt, its to make politicians and bleeding hearts feel better, if nothing is done to go along with it it is absolutely worthless.

Thats what I meant by moving forward and progress. The bipartisan commission is suggested as the vehicle of action.

Fro link said:
No it isn't, its to make politicians and bleeding hearts feel better, if nothing is done to go along with it it is absolutely worthless.

Thats your opinion Fro, there are plenty of Indigenous Australians who are very happy with an apology.

yes it is Doug, I never said it was anything else.

I also know plenty of them who think it didnt cover enough, whilst being happy with an apology.

Canteen Worker link said:
I just hope that we now move ahead - that what where Nelson missed the boat  imo as he wanted to explain the past! 
Nelson didn't like the Stolen Generation and wanted to call them the Forcibly-Removed Generation. Honestly  ::) ! NFI

At risk of YASRFF (yet another snide remark from Fro) I think the important part of today is a significant number of aboriginal opinion-makers feel that the hurt and injustice of their situation has been acknowledged, recognised and a statemanesque statement made about it.

It's this that will be an important part of a healing for them, what they can now leave behind is the sense of having a point to prove.  Their point has been acknowledged.

Perhaps the last time the nation experienced something similar (though on a smaller scale) was in 1986 when the Vietnam Veterans were given their official welcome home march-past.  As most of them had endured unspeakable horrors only to return home to be spat on by cowardly hippies, this welcome home and recognition of their effort was important to their healing.

I have a high level of empathy for their situation.   

One might wonder if the 2nd stolen generation of kids (& there dads) from modern day divorce will be recognised & apologised to in the future.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2