Apologies and explanation about the recent banning of a user, important!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That sounds reasonable TC but what you don't know were the demands regarding action we should take against you! We set up a completely separate Leadership Private Enquiries forum so the management team could see what was going on rather than each one manage a host of PMs from this individual and make decisions on their own. He bombarded us almost daily with demands. Then his threatening PMs to the general user base came to our attention. Not everyone agrees with my posts but I gave up coming on here, mostly in part due to somehow clashing with him. If anyone has doubts about the level of deliberate sabotage against the goodwill of this site and its users then I would like to confirm what Dan has said.

I've never threatened anyone or made any demands just not liked lol due to my views which is all fine but hardly ban worthy.

But knowing how people think I'm pretty sure i m on a high alert blacklist even when I don't initiate privates just respond to the odd few.

I'm sure Dan and the team got it right I was merely just stating from my perspective I received no threats or wanted the user banned.

Technical Coach said:
I've never threatened anyone or made any demands just not liked lol due to my views which is all fine but hardly ban worthy.

But knowing how people think I'm pretty sure i m on a high alert blacklist even when I don't initiate privates just respond to the odd few.

I'm sure Dan and the team got it right I was merely just stating from my perspective I received no threats or wanted the user banned.

funnily enough no not at all, we dont even really have any such alert list. We discuss posts that are borderline or just take action anything that is clearly needing to go, but other than that anour personality clash when I was in a less than patient mood, well there is no issue with you at all mate.

It is a good point you make TC. Another regular poster was concerned when they revealed details of an abusive PM they received that they would somehow be seen to be the reason for the action taken. That is definitely not the case and no individual should feel any responsibility whatsoever. It rests solely with the protagonist.

I also had private messages from RE, but he was always polite and I never had an issue with him. He did send me a fb request, which I accepted, and he just seemed "normal". After reading what @dan has said I have deleted him, there is no need to threaten anyone, for whatever reason. Thanks Dan and Management Team.

marga said:
I also had private messages from RE, but he was always polite and I never had an issue with him.

Me too.

I'm saddened by this, as well as surprised, though I had noticed some deterioration lately. It has reinforced my belief that there can be more than one side to a person and you just never know. As the saying goes, "you learn something new every day" and I just learnt something.

Many thanks to Dan and the team. I'm sorry you've had to deal with all that and your efforts are appreciated.

ManlyBacker said:
It is a good point you make TC. Another regular poster was concerned when they revealed details of an abusive PM they received that they would somehow be seen to be the reason for the action taken. That is definitely not the case and no individual should feel any responsibility whatsoever. It rests solely with the protagonist.
The way I read your first sentence seemed to suggest i was in some firing line to be banned or at least up for discussion.
I personally don't feel I did anything wrong but if it was up for discussion I have no problem with the moderators wanting to take a hard fair line, I was probably a little too cold or blunt in stating my views so I totally understand.

OK back to cold dribble laden TC.

Never had an PMs from RE, but did have a few in-thread conversations. Didn't always agree, but I didn't have issues with how he tried to get his point across with me. That being said I hadn't read everything he wrote and we can all be guilty of over stepping the mark on occasions, but that is understandable because it stems from our love of this great club, and because its an emotional investment we will all react in a different manner.

It does appear RE went over stepped the mark on occasions, but I hope he's doing OK. This is not meant to mean I disagree with the course of action by Dan, for that he has my full support, but in terms of RE being rejected by, for want of a better term, by "his family" can be tough to take.

Technical Coach said:
ManlyBacker said:
The way I read your first sentence seemed to suggest i was in some firing line to be banned or at least up for discussion.
I personally don't feel I did anything wrong but if it was up for discussion I have no problem with the moderators wanting to take a hard fair line, I was probably a little too cold or blunt in stating my views so I totally understand.

OK back to cold dribble laden TC.

Mate, you completely misread the intention there. I was just stating that we had received demands from RE that you be censored or banned for your comments and not in polite terms. I will admit I didn't agree with some of your thoughts regarding mental health but at no time was anyone thinking of taking any actions you have alluded to. That just didn't occur and you are good.

Masked Eagle said:
Never had an PMs from RE, but did have a few in-thread conversations. Didn't always agree, but I didn't have issues with how he tried to get his point across with me. That being said I hadn't read everything he wrote and we can all be guilty of over stepping the mark on occasions, but that is understandable because it stems from our love of this great club, and because its an emotional investment we will all react in a different manner.

It does appear RE went over stepped the mark on occasions, but I hope he's doing OK. This is not meant to mean I disagree with the course of action by Dan, for that he has my full support, but in terms of RE being rejected by, for want of a better term, by "his family" can be tough to take.

Yes and this is certainly why I was hesitant for a long time to take that action, however unfortunately a community is a sum of its members and if we all acted as he did, then no one would come here.

I never had any adverse interactions with him and I generally thought he was a good contributor to the site. However I did notice that he seemed to lose the plot a bit in one particular thread. He was clearly testing the patience of a lot of people and he got very angry and irrational. It was unfortunately always going to end in a ban and tbh I think the mods gave him more than enough leeway.

I was surprised to hear about the abusive PMs and Dan clearly had no alternative but to permanently ban him, but I do feel sorry for him and it is always sad to lose a regular contributor to the site.

I hope he sorts out whatever it was that made him so angry, and continues his passionate support of the mighty Sea Eagles. The passion he has is a valuable thing provided it is directed in the right place.

Personally, I never had a cross word with Mick.

Not saying that he was always cordial with everyone here. Clearly he wasn't. Dan took the action he deemed necessary and I'm sure he had good cause and only did so as a final resort.

He's a friend on facebook and until he shows himself to be anything but respectful towards me, he's welcome to be.

I know he might have issues. Who doesn't ? He hasn't shared them with me but one day, the guy might need someone to talk to and I'd hate to think he couldn't find someone just to listen.

Just my 2 cents worth.

simon64 said:
I know he might have issues. Who doesn't ? He hasn't shared them with me but one day, the guy might need someone to talk to and I'd hate to think he couldn't find someone just to listen.

Well said @simon64 and me thinks rather pertinent in view of it being Mental Health Week.

Everyone relax. Here's something to cheer everyone up :) Kevin liked Mick too. Just listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ_wRjq9mqU

Ryan said:
Everyone relax. Here's something to cheer everyone up :) Kevin liked Mick too. Just listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ_wRjq9mqU

He did like Mick, Ryan. He didn't think much of Santa Claus though. :D

This thread is heading towards 3000 views.

I guess that's a sure sign we are in the off season.

I will be happy to see this thread closed or removed.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8