ANZAC Day..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ssar

Bencher
ANZAC Day..

Check out that new abc Gallipoli webpage if you have the bandwidth for it (need ADSL 1500/256 at a minimum probably), at: www.abc.net.au/gallipoli
Well done, that.

I have some relatives who have served in the defence forces many years ago, none from WW1 I beleive tho.

Have been to a few dawn services over the years, not this year tho.

ANZAC day for me this year will involve:

Family morning tea gathering mid-morning.
Hit the local lawn bowling club around lunchtime for lawn bowls and start on the beers, in a relaxed fashion.
Around 3pm head down to the Pub down the road for 2-up, hopefully win a bit, drink more beer, watch a bit of the (rugby league) footy that will be on as well.
Later in the afternoon, return to the bowling club to meet up with mates for more beers, watch more (rugby league and rugby union) footy.
Probably put a few bets on the odd horse or greyhound.
Hopefully continue with a perfect round of footy tipping for the weekend.

Looking forward to it mightily.

Will certainly include having a solemn beer to all the innocent good natured men, women, children, animals & wildlife who have lost thier lives or livelihoods due to the many discpicable acts of war & combat that Earth has thus far seen.

Plan to attend a dawn service for the 1st time in many years here, being the 100th anniversary of the landing @ ANZAC cove, and I've recently discovered a relative died @ war in WW1 in Belgium..
A great-great uncle of mine was aparently in the Australian Infantry A.I.F. 35th Battalion who, along with many others died 12 October 1917 at Passchendaele Ridge, Belgium in terrible conditions.
Will walk the dog in close to the area and join in respectful silence as the dawn comes on..
We will remember them.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6