ANZ Stadium To Slash NRL Ticket Prices And Food Sold At Games In 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Eagles Nest 78

Reserve Grader

Interesting that the Adult walk up prices at ANZ Stadium for all of the NRL 2018 games will be $20 (Adult) with a proper bucket seat !! …. meanwhile at Brookvale Oval last year on the Hill it was $32 as the walk up Adult price !

It will be a challenge … but Bookie (the Sea Eagles) must need to lower it prices in '18??, like at least $30 or $28 as their walk up prices for Adults (for the hill?) or even less as the 2018 Bookie General Admission Adult ticket price !! ???

Fans of the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Parramatta Eels and Wests Tigers can look forward to cheaper ticket prices this year thanks to a joint initiative between the four clubs and ANZ Stadium.

The move is aimed at making attending matches a more affordable, family friendly exercise and will see fans of the NRL clubs who play their home games at ANZ given access to $20 tickets.

In addition, Doggies, Souths, Eels and Tigers members will have "free admission to all away matches in which their team is playing at ANZ Stadium".

Under the initiative, children under 12 will have free entry and family passes will be available for the 33 regular season matches involving the four clubs for just $40.

Food and drink prices will also drop - a burger meal now costing $10 - and each ticket will include free travel to and from the game.

With the Eels moving from Parramatta while their new stadium is under construction, fans will now have plenty of opportunity to take advantage of a number of local derbies at Olympic Stadium across the 2018 season

I don't care...
giphy.gif

I'm not attending until they make the rectangular stadiums more rectangular. At least $2billion more rectangular.
Then I will go.

Classic Greemberg. This whole process is just part of the modelling to justify the $2b spend. In 2018 charge $20/head and get 4K people, but when they rebuild they'll be able to charge $40/head and get 50k people... therefore the stadium will pay for itself in only 126 years (rather than 2500 years).

As much as I despise Greenturd, its good that this scheme will look after fans who go to games at ANZ. I think it is ridiculous to pay 32 bucks general admission to Brooky where you are not guaranteed a seat.

Whether we like it or not, the talkfest over Brookvale oval must bear fruit soon and we see our home ground finally upgraded or within 5 years will be playing our home games elsewhere. I don't want to lose Brookvale one little bit but time is running out. Time for the club and council to put up or shut up and move on. Our fans deserve better facilities!!

Wonder if Toddy has donned his union hat to tell the rail workers to think of the rectangles!

I can see the government and NRL turning this around and saying see fans want to go to the big venues and the money being spent on a rebuild is justified.
All smoke and mirrors, of course, you will get an increase in attendance. Go and watch a game and the family day out will cost under $100. Go to 1 of the other Sydney teams matches and it will cost double and this will be reflected by the crowds.

Hopefully the ‘market’ will reduce the price at Brookie as well, maybe;

$20 adults
$10 concession
Family of four $40
Kids in primary school and local junior league players free
$5 for cold Beers, hot. pies, hot chips, hot dogs etc

No excuses then about not going

Interesting that the Adult walk up prices at ANZ Stadium for all of the NRL 2018 games will be $20 (Adult) with a proper bucket seat !! …. meanwhile at Brookvale Oval last year on the Hill it was $32 as the walk up Adult price !

Difference is ... last year ANZ had 79,832 vacant bucket seats (out of a possible 80,000) .... and even in the rain Brookie Hill was FULL. ....

I may be a cynical old bugger, but maybe the look of empty stadiums on telly puts the lie to their crap about people wanting the Big Stadium experience.

Having said that, any move to lower prices has to be a good thing .. . regardless of the sketchy reason. It is the family ticket that needs the biggest overhaul ...

Just comparing $32 (Brookie/Lottoland) to $20 (ANZ) as walk up NRL General Admission ticket for an Adult in 2018 !!

The Sea Eagles must bring that price down a bit ? It must be a minimum $30? , but say $25 or $28 would help, as our crowds have fallen off (recent years) as the walk up prices are so high for a Brookie Hill Ticket.

It just can’t be $32 for a hill ticket at Brookie in 2018?

Time to debate >> Manly need to respond?

It's much better value if you buy a membership. If you can only attend a few matches purchase a 3-game membership which gives you the merchandising found in a full membership kit and reduced entry price to Brookie.

As much as I despise Greenturd, its good that this scheme will look after fans who go to games at ANZ. I think it is ridiculous to pay 32 bucks general admission to Brooky where you are not guaranteed a seat.

Whether we like it or not, the talkfest over Brookvale oval must bear fruit soon and we see our home ground finally upgraded or within 5 years will be playing our home games elsewhere. I don't want to lose Brookvale one little bit but time is running out. Time for the club and council to put up or shut up and move on. Our fans deserve better facilities!!

Won’t be 5 years either!

I don't know the details of the ANZ stadium deals.

But is the NRL subsidizing any loss of ticket revenue?

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8