Anyone watch the footy show?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
I havent watched it. let me know if the Thats gold banner gets on and whether the new format is any good

Couldn't be bothered either. Would have love to see Rebecca get treated by Snorky and Fatty. Neither of them has covered themselves with glory lately either!!!

I watched 2 minutes of it. Rebecca Wilson opened her mouth and I promptly switched over

i watched 10 min.. i was a fan of a of the show... shes just disgraceful.

Footy Show went down hill when they got rid of Blocker!

The show has has some very good indepth segments recently. No talent time has vanished (thank goodness).

The most memorable contribution by Rebecca was her criticism of the maroon player's jumpers for having navy in them - "I don't like it!" she screamed. Deep.

I want to watch a show by people who know the game, played it at the elite level and have the contacts to put it together. Beckie adds none of these.

Thats a bit harsh mata.

No poor lambs dont deserve their brians compared to that, they are much more intellegent
<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Fri May 20 2005, 09:06AM ]</span>

Wilsons performance was neither here nor there, it was her first go in an intimidating environment so happy to not pass judgement on that, IF Wislons appointment amonsgt other issues where a catalyst to the show being much more about football and footballers rather thann the new faces/beat the boys crap they have been dishing up and driving there viewers away in droves, that fantastic! Easily the best show, in regards to content i have seen for ages.

In regards to Wilson herself, someone may know more detail than me, but she is a former elite athlete , represented Australia in possibly netball/basketball etc So she has some credibilty in my books, something none of us have achieved, Compare that to Danny "toilet journo" weidler who has achieved nothing in his short life span who seems a fave on that show.

Jesus if the Chief with his "Thats Gold" moniker makes prime viewing then Bec Wilson has it all over him.

We didn't get the banner on TV.

Did anyone notice that the blond Jim Beam girl was Erin from the Manly cheersquad?

She was on the cameras eye quite regularly.

In regards to Wilson herself, someone may know more detail than me, but she is a former elite athlete , represented Australia in possibly netball/basketball etc So she has some credibilty in my books, something none of us have achieved, Compare that to Danny \"toilet journo\" weidler who has achieved nothing in his short life span who seems a fave on that show.

Pepsi - you're not thinking of Vicki Wilson (ex-Aussie netball captain) are you??

Rebecca Wilson is a hack- it is one thing to dish it out but what about the form of the past few ventures she was involved with, yes they got the chop and no they don't even come close to doing what the Footy Show has done.
I will agree with the fact that the Footy Show needed a re vamp- but that was in content and to do with more discussion involving football, fair enough bring Bolts on to stir the pot but please don't bother with a middle aged angry women who thinks that every time she is treated with distain it is because she is a woman- simple fact she has never played the game.
Do we have expert male commentators in the netball...NO
Do we have males expecting to parade around the netballers dressing rooms when they are getting changed waiting for an interview....NO
I have heard Rebbecca Wilson say that if the clubs gave the reporters access to the players straight after the game it wouldn't be a problem- BULL****, I'm am sure if you organised it with the clubs they would be more than happy about giving you access to the players outside the sheds away from your prying middle aged eyes- you are just looking for something to write about in your column which is basically full of untruths and exaggeration any way.
If you haven't already guessed this woman annoys the **** out of me.
She thinks she knows it all and is the big saviour of the Footy Show but in fact she contributed nothing last night except for her expert fashion tip on the QLD polo shirt- MEMO REBECCA: who farking cares about their polo shirt.
It was obvious how much you enjoyed working with the younger more buffed blokes by the way you treated Matt Johns and talk up the likes of Girdler and company all the time.
Maybe you should be looking to apply for the host of the next Big Brother- more up you ally and probably better suited to your journalistic abilty !
Rebecca you should take the hint from the rest of the Footy Show team and F off leaving the comments to people who care more about footy than worrying about what the players wear and look like and more about their ability on the park !!!

In regards to Wilson herself, someone may know more detail than me, but she is a former elite athlete , represented Australia in possibly netball/basketball etc So she has some credibilty in my books, something none of us have achieved, Compare that to Danny \"toilet journo\" weidler who has achieved nothing in his short life span who seems a fave on that show.

no mate, just going back a few years even before Vicki.

Needless to say, im not a fan of Rebbecca wilson as such, but she has been a journo for 20 years, so would be harsh to call her a hack, again i compare her to danny Weidler who has never played the game either and has been a journo for about a quarter of that time,

To hammer someone who has never played the game is very ignorant, ray Warren comes to mind, Ray Hadley, etc etc , from a long term point of view, its great to have female journos, as it gives a female perspective, and will attract more girls to the game, more people to the game means more money, and so on.

We dont have to agree with everything she or anyone else says, no one is asking us to, she just gives an educated opinion and gets good money to do so! But dont bag her because she is happy to give her opinion, and anyone who has lasted in the media for 20 years is definately not a hack!

I think there are plenty of hacks that have lasted 20 years in journalism- I've worked with some of them, just my opinion !

I am just giving my personal opinion and I feel no guilt whatsoever for hammering Rebecca Wilson as she has done the same to plenty of innocent parties in the past- she should be a big enough girl to take it !

fare enough, i dont think she ever resents copping it, if you dish it out you get it back

anywayzzzz over this subject, jesus who really cares about the footy show! lol

The reason netball can conduct interviews outside of the sheds is because there's bugger all people watching it, therefore no need for the privacy of the dressing shed.

Wilkins is inane - completely inane.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4