Anyone questioning Bretts speed?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Masked Eagle said:
Haz88 said:
Id have to disagree. I dont think you would find many quicker than him in his day.
Also when he first came into first grade one of the sprint coaches at the time said he could run qualifying track times for something or other cant remember what exactly so he is/was quick across 100.

Also remember Cliffy lyons saying he hasent seen anyone quicker over 60 metres than Snake. Bias maybe but cant doubt his speed

Plenty of NRL players could be top quality sprinters if they became dedicated to that. Pre injuries I can recall a game against the Titans when David Mead ran him down easily. Over the shorter distances I think he's still right up there but longer distances I think he is now and was before a step behind the top line runners.

Perhaps , but i spose its always open for debate Snake playing fullback carries more of a workload which could come into play. There are times were Brett has run around noted speedsters with ease or sped away from them over the distance to, can make an argument for both.

David mead is young and has raw speed if Brett was the same age then i think you have a race on your hands. In saying that you are right he did catch him but David Mead i beleive is probably the quickest in the game and Kevin Gordon before he got injured aswell was lightning.

Either way but in my opinion if there was a list of the quickest he would be very close to the top from what ive seen.

I'm not saying Snake isn't near the top. I reckon you could probably line up the top 40 guys over 100m in the NRL and there would be less than 0.5 seconds splitting the field, over 100m that probably equates about 5m, but in NRL speak with other factors at play who is the quickest probably depends more on the circumstances at the time, weather, fatigue, carrying the ball, changing direction, etc.

Yeah i agree , well its a good topic that we can talk about because i guess we were/are lucky to have a fullback who we can speak of with that type of speed.

I love seeing him in open space pinning the ears back and scoring tries , hopefully its in the Manly jersey this weekend lol

Brett is yards slower than what he was at his peak....not sure how could dispute that ....but he is also much bigger and stronger and he is making up for it. There is no way he scores that first try last night back 5 or 6 years ago....but that 2nd try , 5 years ago he scores under the posts easing up and waving to the crowd.

His top speed at the moment is fine by me. I am way more impressed with his defence. After all the drama he's been through, he is still the complete package. Awesome.

mozgrame said:
His top speed at the moment is fine by me. I am way more impressed with his defence. After all the drama he's been through, he is still the complete package. Awesome.

And he continues to get little coverage in today's media, TV News replays, etc, all playing the Josh Morris try. If he wasnt in the right place at the right times, Qld would have won it. Cant they see that ?

Its just a standard of play that is 'expected' of him . . . .
Is that all there is to it ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7