Anyone else over ASADA.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Firstly I am an absolute fan of getting drugs out of the sport as everyone should be running on a level playing field.
Secondly would like those proven guilty , exposed & demoted from the game for a season for cheating the system....

What I hate is this big cloud hanging over the game insinuating that certain clubs are involved, yet being so cryptic about the players & people involved, lets have it, been long enough.
Manly was mentioned & obviously Sharks seem to be in the firing line still in a big way. Thats fine....but lets see some action & get on with the game.
In most cases where there is a guilty party it does not carry on for 12 months, if theres evidence of these offences take action so the game moves foward. These allegations effect sponsorship & even the fans are left with a bad taste, worse still every player is potentially guilty until its sorted out which is unfair to the majority who train hard & show great discipline to play at NRL level.

For mine ASADA need to take action or p**s off & annoy another sport, would prefer footy the main topic, not speculation that lacks backbone.

The ASADA Season is just about to start, as their Cronulla Report is mooted to be release next week.

I think it will be at least another season before this is over.:cool:

Sandor Earl was issued with a notice 3 months ago and he still has not learnt of his sanctions :s

The 3 Manly Players that were whispered about earlier this year, are our only concern.

The NRL have to worry about Cronulla as a whole being sanctioned by ASADA, thus their 16 First Grade Team contract with the Broadcasters may be threatened.

Yes the whole thing is ****.

But the Sharks are all but dead and buried. ASADA need to justify their existence hence Essendon and soon the Sharks will do that for them.

I reckon the Sharks would be pretty jack of them by now.

maxta said:
Firstly I am an absolute fan of getting drugs out of the sport as everyone should be running on a level playing field.
Secondly would like those proven guilty , exposed & demoted from the game for a season for cheating the system....

What I hate is this big cloud hanging over the game insinuating that certain clubs are involved, yet being so cryptic about the players & people involved, lets have it, been long enough.
Manly was mentioned & obviously Sharks seem to be in the firing line still in a big way. Thats fine....but lets see some action & get on with the game.
In most cases where there is a guilty party it does not carry on for 12 months, if theres evidence of these offences take action so the game moves foward. These allegations effect sponsorship & even the fans are left with a bad taste, worse still every player is potentially guilty until its sorted out which is unfair to the majority who train hard & show great discipline to play at NRL level.

For mine ASADA need to take action or p**s off & annoy another sport, would prefer footy the main topic, not speculation that lacks backbone.

I ummm.....don't suppose you'd be interested in investing in my proposed jellyfish farm then??

For me it's definitely the press leaks and the speculation that is p***ing me off. Charge somebody, or keep doing investigations, but shut the f*** up about it.

How Kate Lundy and Jason Clare haven't been brought to task over this is beyond me. To grandstand like they did at the 'Blackest Day in Australian sport' press conference, tarnishing an entire sport with allegations, then not to be able to substantiate the allegations is defamation in my book.

Imagine if the NRL, or any other body, called a press conference and stated that the entire parliament is rife with pedophiles. There'd be lawyers on the doorstep issuing a defamation claim before the press conference was over.

FoxSports has ASADA appealing an 18 month AFL ban on Saad, as they reckon it should be 24 for drinking an energy drink :s

They will be pissing off all Sports Fans in Oz :mad:

mosto said:
How Kate Lundy and Jason Clare haven't been brought to task over this is beyond me. To grandstand like they did at the 'Blackest Day in Australian sport' press conference, tarnishing an entire sport with allegations, then not to be able to substantiate the allegations is defamation in my book.

Imagine if the NRL, or any other body, called a press conference and stated that the entire parliament is rife with pedophiles. There'd be lawyers on the doorstep issuing a defamation claim before the press conference was over.

Absolutely spot on!

I said 6 months ago that this could go on after season 2013 and unfortunately I'm right. ASADA have worked slower then a DMR crew in winter. They have become the issue not the drugs.

According to https://twitter.com/RLW_Mole one coach & anything up to two dozen players. That would seem to mean more than players from one club.

But https://twitter.com/josh_massoud/status/409869792963608576 says the above is wrong.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6