Anybody playing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Stellar day for us last saturday

Greenish deck, won the toss and sent them in, and at lunch they were 131/2. I spent 2 hours fuming at the captain for not tossing me the ball when I am the 2nd best seamer in the side, and when I finally got hold of it charged in to prove a point, having a catch dropped in the slips in my 1st over and nicking 1 out in the 2nd. Had a few other close calls before ending with 6-2-14-1 and they declared at 227/9

We head out there on a reasonable track, and 27 overs later are wondering how we made 69. I contributed a well made 0 to that score, still wondering why the hell I played at the ball I edged to the keeper

Following on we are 56/1 needing to bat out the day next saturday

You are going as good as me. Second ball duck on the weekend, didn't get a bowl, and to top it off I hurt my finger in the field and might struggle to be fit for this weekend. At least we won.

2 games last night in indoor, made 28 in the first with our skin getting 58, highest so far in that comp. Bowling was 12 off 2 overs so good return there, left the last 2 skins needing 44 (only 6 a side) we lost.

2nd game was against a top division team made 29 with a skin of 49 and bowled 3 overs for 37 and we beat them. First win against one of the top teams, a good one chasing down 144 and only having 7 players.

2 games has caused me a lot of hurt today though

Well, we nearly pulled off the impossible

After following on 158 behind, and being 56/1 at stumps and losing a few early ones yesterday, we managed to in the end set them 72 to chase. I had a battle with my head, am normally a hitter, having 40% of my runs in 6s this season, to bat about an hour and a half for 16*

We then came out, bowled well, and all of a sudden had them 3 down with 8 on the board. At tea they needed 22 runs, us 4 wickets, and we picked up 1 of them early, but in the end ex All Black Leon MacDonald played the crucial knock that got them home, suppose it wouldn't have been any pressure at all for him !! 1/10 off 1 for me, MacDonald got onto me with a couple of 4s but removed the other bloke the final ball before tea

Was a great game, 20 more runs could have been interesting. Took a couple of catches as well, 1 of them the ball came straight to me at mid on, but I heard the mid off call mine, but disregarded it coz it was coming straight to me, and as I caught it felt him come flying across my knees !!

Back into it the past couple of weeks, mixed bag

2 days of 20/20, 4 games all up which we spilt, to finish the 20/20 comp 3/6 and out of the running

Only got given a bowl in 1 of the games, taking 1/10 from 2. Batting wise 22(9), 1(4) 0(3) and 18*(10), got promoted to 3 to finish the game quickly in the last one

Reasonable campaign in the end, Averaged 16.8 at a strike rate of 180, 2 bad knocks buggered the average but for my role was pretty pleased

Got asked to go and bowl to the Indian Under 19s today but couldn't because of work damn it

We got rolled for 200 chasing 220 odd. Got out for 5 to a full length left handed diving catch opening the innings, and they then proceeded to grass the next half a dozen or so easier chances that came their way. Typical.

Haha don't ya just hate watching that happen !!

I had the opposite for once, edged 1st ball in the 2nd match which the keeper Akmal'ed haha

Was comical when their spinner came on, his 1st 4 balls were
Dropped at cover
Dropped mid on
LBW (My mate walked for it it was that plumb haha)
Dropped 1st slip

Been an interesting last few weeks

Have been struggling for numbers for a while, and drew our last 2 dayer against a top side at full strength which was a damn fine effort, I had my best wicket haul in the match taking a few in each innings, and 32* in the 2nd played a good part too

Got given the captaincy last week, not a vintage day. Lost the toss, sent in, cruising at 72/2, they bring their spinner on, it turns square and end result is he takes 6/25 from 17 and we are 134 all out. We knocked the top off them with 4 quick ones but the deck died, and they declared at 171/6, leaving us 20mins to bat. Only instructions I have were don't get out, then watched our opener get dropped twice and finally get caught trying to put one into the carpark !! 2 down 18 behind at stumps with plenty of work to do this week. 4 runs and no wickets for me, only gave myself 2 overs, and got caught and bowled, nailed a full toss back at the bowler and he snaffled it

Got absolutely rolled by Parkes on Sunday. There's a reason they came 3rd or 4th in NSW this season. Was 1 of 3 to get in double figures in our total of 95. 1 loose shot and it was all over.

Shame they're c*nts.

We are playing our last round game before the semis and need to win this one to sneak into 4th spot. We are chasing 148 so we should be able to get there fingers crossed.

Strange day of cricket yesterday

They batted 1st on a deck doing a bit, were 50/5, and we then played terrible cricket to let them get to 217. Bowled the worst I have for months, but somehow burgled a few to finish with 3/38

We then went in, and at tea time had the great score of 38/5 on the board. I was batting 9, and came in about 90/7, and along with the 8 who got 45, I hit 60 and we finished the day at 192/9 so it is pretty even for next week. Had a bit of fun at the end, my last 4 scoring shots were 6s haha

Good luck with those mate

We got dominated yesterday !!

We had a bit of rain on the pitch before the covers went on before some torrential rain, I took them off yesterday morning and the deck looked ok, then I turn up for warm ups and the stupid bloody groundsman has the heavy roller on it and turned it into mud !!

So it was a big delay, in which time we unbelievably managed to concuss a bloke in the changing rooms ! We rolled up a bat grip into a ball and were hitting it with a stump, 1 of the boys lost his grip and it got someone right above the eye, and that was the end of his day so we were already 1 down

Thought we bowled ok, but in reality we were shown we were pretty average with the ball, I took 3/47 and they set us 188 from 44 overs

65 runs later it was all over, as their openers used the pitch beautifully to batter and bruise us with the ball spitting off a length. I got out for 3, to a good length ball hitting my glove, onto armpit and out to short leg

1 game to go now

last week we had one of those games in indoor. Could not do anything wrong at all. Took some cathes that would have won classic catches against the big boys. In one over alone we took 5 wickets including one off the last ball being the jackpot ball so got -24 for the over.

Won all 4 skins and took all the points and are now just ahead of this team.

Pretty good day for us yesterday, undone a bit in the last hour but overall we can't complain

Final 2 dayer of the season, won the toss, sent them in, openers bowled a pile of crap and the day was looking tough, then we pulled it back a bit when I come on with another bloke, 1st 5 overs were 5-4-1-1 and then continued on to finish with 13-4-20-6 and they were all out for 100.

We batted ok, could have done better, to make 202. Cricket was it's usual self, after 6 wickets in the morning, I head out and get a short ball 1st up, which doesn't bounce, hits me below the knee roll and I am on the way back for a goldie

We had an hour at them, they are 75/1. I opened up, bowled a real mixture with no wickets, although I did hit the opener in front of middle, not given because it "Pitched outside the line", only trouble with that explanation was it was ****ing off stump !!

Season over for me. We scraped into the semis in 4th spot, but could only scratch out a pathetic 110 batting first. Pretty disappointing as we had a good line up and our batting has been good this season. Obviously not enough runs to defend, so we needed early wickets to make a game of it. That didn't eventuate and they got the runs 1 down. Meek end to the season. Only have to wait a month or so before winter comp kicks off though.

I know how you feel KE. I had one a few weeks back where a guy went to leave one pitching outside off only for it to deck back and hit him on the pad. We all went up and were pretty confident. The ump shook it off so I asked him why, thinking he might say a little high ( it was knee rollish). Going down leg was his reply !! I was dumbfounded. I felt like say not even Murali turning them square could get one to go down leg from there.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6