Any thoughts?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Eagle

First Grader
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/fear-of-flying-drove-me-to-drink-claims-axed-laurie-20110621-1gdkd.html

New backrower? or we are full even with Joes impending retirement

I reckon on small coin could be a marvellous pickup,Des could surely make this monster a bit more of a genuine threat

Who cares if he drinks to subside fear of death,i hate flying myself

could be worth a minimum wage contract

Had a question about him a year or so back but someone here put me straight. The blokes head isnt on right re footy. So a big no from me.

Hmm, I'll pass. He has talent but I just don't think that he has the right mentality to make it as a NRL footballer.

No, No, No, No, No. The bloke moves like a tank. When he makes a tackle he is never up quick enough get to marker let alone back in the line.

You have to wonder about any player that has been let go from more than one club due to issues

it is not like a hall etc where they did not make the cut due to perception on talent

lsz said:
55k you could throw at retaining another player

Yeah sure,however you need 25 top tier contracts worth $55K or more each
With Cross surely to be going elsewhere i dont see to much a harm in it

might be worth a shot? he is talented
if anyone can get the best out of him, it would be dessie or belamy.
i'd rather see him with us getting a shot on minimum wage than go to melb on minimum wage and turn out to be great!

No - definetely! Not right for the culture of our club. We will end up like some of clubs we bag if we take on players with these kind of problems. Better spending money on an up and comming young players.

Brookie said:
might be worth a shot? he is talented
if anyone can get the best out of him, it would be dessie or belamy.
i'd rather see him with us getting a shot on minimum wage than go to melb on minimum wage and turn out to be great!

Exactly what I was thinking. Between Des, Tooves and Crusher, they may be able to sort him out. I'd take a punt on him.

I'm a bit concerned about that gearbox story, sounds pretty suss to me. Laurie was the ideal scapegoat for Gus to stamp his authority, the biggest bloke in town and one who was not really a serious candidate for top grade.

Despite that he has obvious talent. Maybe we could send him to Warriors matches by ship?

He said himself ''I'd like to keep playing footy somewhere but, if not, I'll give it away - it's not my life, I just enjoy playing it,''

That comment would be enough for me, NO

TokyoEagle said:
He said himself ''I'd like to keep playing footy somewhere but, if not, I'll give it away - it's not my life, I just enjoy playing it,''

"I dont want to drive from penrith everyday to train"
Words made legendary by Smokin Joe

The Eagle said:
TokyoEagle said:

"I dont want to drive from penrith everyday to train"
Words made legendary by Smokin Joe

worse still is going to Penrith by train.:dodgy:

TokyoEagle said:
Is that a direct quote from Joe, or just you reading between the lines of his actual comment ?

Direct quote of Joe in the terrograph,i didnt want him after reading that
Either they were wrong or Des really made him care again

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7