Any credit for Toovey??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Daniel said:
bones said:
The people bagging Toovey are probably the same ones who used to bag T Rex, but now are desperate for him to be re-signed. They are probably the same ones who wanted Brett Stewart cut for wasting cap space when he was injured, but forgot all about it as they cheered him on when he played a huge role in Manly winning the premiership again last year. There are some people that just aren't happy unless they have something to whinge about. Ten years ago we had plenty to whinge about, not now. I don't know why people can't just enjoy it.

Fair go bones.
T-rex was absolutely woeful on the wing. He was too slow and didn't have much impact. He certainly didn't justify his salary and the hype.
There was no potential.

He was moved to the backrow and of course he has become a completely different player.

I admit he is a much better back rower, but I never had a problem with him on the wing. Our problem that year (2010) was injuries (namely Brett Stewart) and the lack of a quality halfback but T Rex copped most of the blame on here.
Injuries and suspensions are the only problems this year, but now Tooves cops it from some. Sometimes people aren't to blame for losing. Circumstances that can't be helped are. IMO, Manly would still be premiers if T Rex was on the wing last year.

bones said:
Daniel said:
bones said:
The people bagging Toovey are probably the same ones who used to bag T Rex, but now are desperate for him to be re-signed. They are probably the same ones who wanted Brett Stewart cut for wasting cap space when he was injured, but forgot all about it as they cheered him on when he played a huge role in Manly winning the premiership again last year. There are some people that just aren't happy unless they have something to whinge about. Ten years ago we had plenty to whinge about, not now. I don't know why people can't just enjoy it.

Fair go bones.
T-rex was absolutely woeful on the wing. He was too slow and didn't have much impact. He certainly didn't justify his salary and the hype.
There was no potential.

He was moved to the backrow and of course he has become a completely different player.

I admit he is a much better back rower, but I never had a problem with him on the wing. Our problem that year (2010) was injuries (namely Brett Stewart) and the lack of a quality halfback but T Rex copped most of the blame on here.
Injuries and suspensions are the only problems this year, but now Tooves cops it from some. Sometimes people aren't to blame for losing. Circumstances that can't be helped are.

I too disagree with people saying negative things against Toovey. The poor guy got thrust into the role prematurely, after the club sacked Des overnight basically. I feel people need to give the guy a break, let him find his rhythm and feet in the head coaching role and things will flow. It is only round 6!

Most jobs take 12 months to settle into.

Daniel said:
Yes but we are 3 and 3 which is not so great which is why I will give it more time before declaring my opinion

3 and 3 is actually pretty good with our opening schedule and injury's but with better defense in the earlier games we could have won all of them really. Tooves will only get better, it was probably good to get the 3 losses in a row out of the way early on in his coaching gig anyway.

torana355 said:
Daniel said:
Yes but we are 3 and 3 which is not so great which is why I will give it more time before declaring my opinion

3 and 3 is actually pretty good with our opening schedule and injury's but with better defense in the earlier games we could have won all of them really. Tooves will only get better, it was probably good to get the 3 losses in a row out of the way early on in his coaching gig anyway.

He probably will, which just cements my point really, which is that I am not passing judgement on him as a coach yet. It is way too soon and we need more time to really make a better judgement call on this.

bones said:
Daniel said:
bones said:

Fair go bones.
There was no potential.

Injuries and suspensions are the only problems this year, but now Tooves cops it from some. Sometimes people aren't to blame for losing. Circumstances that can't be helped are. IMO, Manly would still be premiers if T Rex was on the wing last year.

Look, he could score a try as a winger and his attack wasn't too bad, but then again, if you can't score a try outside Lyon and Glenn Stewart, then you probably shouldn't be in first grade. However for every good thing he did that year, he did 2 terrible things.

It was his defense that was the worst part, he put on some good hits, but he was just lost on the wing, and he couldn't get the flow of the positional play out there, he tended to stay out when he should have come in and come in when he should have stayed out.

The thing that cost us the most however was his extremely slow turn. He took an age to turn and chase and that cost us a tonne of tries against. as soon as the opposition turned him around out there, they were pretty much clear to run to the line, this meant the likes of Ben Farrar were forced to do way more work than a fill in fullback should have.

At that stage it looked like the plan was to keep him on the wing, when it would have been better to bring another player up to the wing. If it is true that the plan was to keep him on the wing, then he and therefore Des deserved all they copped. However now that he is in the backrow, he is a massive part of this team and he has turned all that poor form around

Daniel said:
bones said:

Fair go bones.
There was no potential.

There was plenty of potential just lack of vision by many who couldnt see it. He was obviously a backrower and the club thought so to changing his running style etc. Injuries and a percieved lack of depth by the coach left him out on the wing where he should not have been played.

Has anyone thought that we are missing Tooves on the field? His vision and tenacity - that has to be a major factor - who is our runner now?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6