Anti Manly officiating has to end

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
Had a gutful of anti Manly officiating. That inside 10m penalty on end of 80 minutes to get 10-10 came after Lyon was tackled & lost the ball in a Storm player that Lyon picked out as not at marker and not back 10m but no penalty. Then at the end Ballin got stripped by Smith. Just a joke the NRL at the moment.

Our poor handling cost us that game not the refs. Simply cannot spill our lollies coming out of our own half.

Where's the stats guys? How many times have we conceded a penalty in the first set of the second half?

Seems like every game.

You can't tell me that wasn't rorted. We had so many calls against us and missed penalties it's a crime.. anyway Storm have nothing they are pretenders. Had all the ball and still couldn't get our reserve grade team

Disgraceful, obvious anti Manly officiating...
Matt Ballin chargedown - no way he played at the ball, was just running towards the kicker.
Hiku alleged knock on - Which one went forward?? Neither...1st one went back and second one went back into his leg.
Manly not back 10m in the 80th minute - True...we were only back about 7m, but only because thats where the referee was.
2 tackles in our first set of golden point Storm markers werent square...no penalty. The refs WILL NOT blow penaltys in golden point, its a joke!!

Yep, poor handling happens when you're fatigued. The Storm consistently got gifted field position by the refs and they were good enough to pin manly down with repeat sets - something that we do very rarely. Chechins last minute gift was a straight pay back for the questionable penatly he gave us to get us to 10-8. I thought at the time that would come back to bite us and the llittle cretin quickly jumped in and took his chance to even up with less than 2 minutes left.
Inspirational performance in defence - the best I have ever seen, and one of the most painfully frustrating games I"ve ever had to endure.

So proud of that performance. But if people doubted the anti-Manly bias then surely that match was the clincher. I just received a text from a non-Manly friend which simply said: You were robbed.
It's just so obvious.

Ample opportunity to penalise the Storm for markers not square in that second half, Hoffman being the main offender

COMMANDER said:
Ample opportunity to penalise the Storm for markers not square in that second half, Hoffman being the main offender

The 80th minute penalty came after Lyon ran at marker not square & the ball came out in the tackle. Referee ignored it & then called Manly inside the 10m to gift 10-10. Ballin got pinged for not square in the first penalty of the 2nd half that started the rot.

Triple M NRL ‏@TripleM_NRL 3m
"There are four officials out there and nobody seems to be able to see anything" - Geoff Toovey on #TripleMNRL re #NRLmelman #NRL
https://twitter.com/TripleM_NRL/status/336442631695519745

There is no doubt the pinkheads favoured the news limited drizzle, this happens way to often for it to be a coincidence. To be denied a victory by an offside call, when all game the drizzle were consistantly doing is, is so hard to cop. I was more pissed off about the strip on Jamie from an offside marker and the penalty was not given.

You have to remember that Cecchin and his mates all support clubs that despise us. It shows in their attitude to our players.

All you want to see is consistency and its just not there when we play.

for sure the refs sided with storm... correct me if im wrong , didnt a storm player touch the ball in the 2nd half of golden point on 3rd tackle and wasnt given 6 again ??? it didnt replay so i cant be sure...

but silly mistakes costs us the game again , i know the boys were tired and superb defense no doubt , but holding on the ball is the key to a win when you have been defending for so long , dont worry about winning a penalty with 90 seconds to go hold respect the ball get to your 5th and bang it down field...

we were lucky at the end with the draw , throwing stupid passes 20m out of your own line in golden point , dont know how cronk missed that fg.

great defense , but we didnt help our cause be pinned in our own 20 for so long..

next week ??? short turn around , 90 mins of hard tiring footy..

wont be easy....

bitter sweet feeling tonight...refs are a joke

sheridanstand78 said:
You have to remember that Cecchin and his mates all support clubs that despise us. It shows in their attitude to our players.

I would have thought the clubs Cecchin likes would like us given that we are called "Manly".

Kite was offside to get them to 10 all, no question. Just dumb play by him. It should be just realized that it is a fact of league that we get screwed by referees. Bias plays a big part in it. Subconscious bias is just not recognized in any refereeing play book. It should be, but it ain't. And why do we have to have that dumb ex-Canterbury fu**quit in the video box all the time. Do coaches have any way, except in the post match conference, to comment on the refereeing standard? I get sick of hearing how they'll ring up. I want a formalized method where coaches comments can be sent into the NRL and posted online for us to see.

our opposition is averaging just 6 infringements per game, about 3/4 of the league average of 8 (which we are averaging) and that seems to be the ploy this year. Rather than penalise us for everything they simply miss the opposition infringements.

If you take away the 12 souths gave away (we gave 11 so very even) its about 5 per game.

There were controversial refereeing calls both ways and near misses, but above all heroic defence from a Manly team missing the likes of Brett Stewart, Jason King and Joe Galuvao.

Manly coach Geoff Toovey said it was not a fair result, pointing to the 10-5 penalty count against his side.

‘‘I can see things from 50 metres away and there are people down there who can’t see them,’’ he said in the post-match press conference.

Man of the match Kieran Foran was more diplomatic.

‘‘It’s very tough to come out here and give our all and come away without the win,’’ he said.

‘‘So many things happened and it’s difficult to pinpoint just one.’’
Melbourne fullback Billy Slater was penalised for a high tackle on Manly five-eighth Foran and skipper Jamie Lyon landed a second-minute penalty goal from in front.

It only took another five minutes for the visitors to add to their tally, halfback Daly Cherry-Evans bombing diminutive Storm winger Mahe Fonua.

Sea Eagles winger David Williams went up for it but the Steeden ended up in the hands of centre Lyon who dived over just inside the corner post. Lyon converted to make it 8-0.

The Storm staged some sizzling counter-attack in the 16th minute. Winger Sisa Waqa took an intercept a metre from his own line and raced upfield, with Cooper Cronk and Slater combining in a 65-metre movement.

A minute later, late inclusion Ryan Hinchcliffe pirouetted in a tackle and handed off to prop Bryan Norrie, who crashed over for what – from the stands – looked like a certain try.

Replays suggested a second option – that he lost it over the tryline.

But video referees Chris Ward and Luke Patten settled on a third scenario – that Manly fullback Peta Hiku had stripped the ball in-goal, meaning a line dropout against the Sea Eagles.

The Manly defence managed to hold out, however, and when a knock-on was called against the Storm 11 minutes later as they drove into Sea Eagles territory, Foran told referee Shayne Hayne “Thankyou Shayne, you’re getting all the important calls wrong”.

Despite the fact the comment could be clearly heard over Hayne’s mic, he said, “sorry Kieran, what was that you said? What was that?”

The Storm were also frustrated at times, Ryan Hoffman exclaiming “Jesus Christ!” when the officials ruled Manly had not played at a ball which they propelled forward.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/league-match-report/manly-storm-fail-to-strike-gold-in-first-stalemate-20130520-2jx6u.html#ixzz2TpmppjHp

Game of the year but it was kept alive by some seriously atrocious decisions. I could have shredded my tv pixel by pixel on some of the decisions that let the drizzle maintain momentum. If that wasn't a perfect example that SL and News bias is still alive then I'm not watching footie. Stuff 'em.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6