Anthony Watmough

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's evident those senior players have been surely missed.But hey nothing lasts forever & it was inevitable the club would go through this all clubs do.But just remember we're Manly.

Just wait until Melbourne no longer has Smith / Cronk and to a lesser extent now Slater.

And likewise take out Thurston / Scott out of the Cowboys.

They'd all struggle.

We are not struggling because one is gone , we are struggling because they are all gone.

Yes I know Stewart/Lyon/Matai are still on the books but they've all gone one or two years more than they should, so I'm counting that as gone as well.

So it's far more than just losing Twatnow.

Last edited:
He has earned the right to say what he wants ! Maybe he made a mistake ! Do we not all make mistakes ?

Would have we preferred it if he stayed with Manly knowing his body was rooted ? He did make room in our cap to try and retain our halves !

He did the honourable thing and moved on, he probably wiped his arse with that parra jersey sterlo handed to him !
Yeah he made some horrible mistakes. After our club made him a life member, not only did they allow him to leave a year early on his contract to play with the whingers, the countless times the club stood up for him when he was in the **** with the law, He got everything from us!! His role in luring Foran over there is something he is proud of as well. For a local junior to turn on his club like he has speaks volumes for his actions. People in time will forgive him but people wont forget that. No one is disputing the player he was at Manly but his role in the events that happened in 2014 will forever sour his legacy!!

Yeah he made some horrible mistakes. After our club made him a life member, not only did they allow him to leave a year early on his contract to play with the whingers, the countless times the club stood up for him when he was in the **** with the law, He got everything from us!! His role in luring Foran over there is something he is proud of as well. For a local junior to turn on his club like he has speaks volumes for his actions. People in time will forgive him but people wont forget that. No one is disputing the player he was at Manly but his role in the events that happened in 2014 will forever sour his legacy!!

I do not know the details personally ! I can understand he may not be the smarterst bloke ! I believe his reaction was due to DCE not taking paying cuts and keeping a winning culture alive ! You cant question his passion for his club and team mates ! This love and bond with his team mates is what delivered us 4 gf and 2 premierships ! Should of been 3 but we got rorted by the Rorters and Barry O'ffarell parading on the stage !

That's it in a nutshell, sad really , should have gone down as one of the absolute greats.

Perhaps time might heal most, but it won't heal me!!

So you're basically saying with watmough out there we wouldn't have lost yesterday? The key element required in that watmough-as-savior scenario is time travel, because he can't play anymore, and hadn't done much since about 2012.

If you have the time travel thing sorted I'll be selecting Mal Reilly, Terry Randall, beaver, Kevin ward etc. I doubt the panthers would have stolen the game with them out there right?

Considering he has not played this year not sure he would have made a difference

Look it is pretty clear we are going through a cultural change in and off the field (like it or not) from a dominant playing group . It is going to take time...my hope is the club takes the time , like it did before our golden run, to get it right rather than looking for quick fixes which will lead to more average performances

So you're basically saying with watmough out there we wouldn't have lost yesterday? The key element required in that watmough-as-savior scenario is time travel, because he can't play anymore, and hadn't done much since about 2012.

If you have the time travel thing sorted I'll be selecting Mal Reilly, Terry Randall, beaver, Kevin ward etc. I doubt the panthers would have stolen the game with them out there right?
True, but I would have got rid of DCE and held onto watmough, foran and glen, they would have transfer the culture of the club on, but as you know Penn and Fulton had other ideas. They were on the way out, why break something that is working, these people like them or hate them they were Manly, now they are decades away from building this especially with a

True, but I would have got rid of DCE and held onto watmough, foran and glen, they would have transfer the culture of the club on, but as you know Penn and Fulton had other ideas. They were on the way out, why break something that is working, these people like them or hate them they were Manly, now they are decades away from building this especially with a

Oh god. Are you serious? You said it yourself, they were on the way out. Yet you somehow have talked yourself into the conclusion that we would've been better off keeping guys at the tail end of their careers rather than a key player yet to enter the prime of his?! (I would almost be inclined to put Foran in that category too, before you ask - the recurring injuries he has are the type that easily end up chronic and career-limiting).

And that's before you even get into the off-field nightmares Watmough and Foran were/are, compared to a guy who is no-fuss, low-maintenance, goes home to his wife and kids after a couple of beers.

The owners and management have made poor, unwelcome decisions - but keeping DCE over those guys was not one of them. Stuffing him around so he signed elsewhere and then had to have the bank thrown at him to overturn it was the bad decision, not re-signing him.

Oh god. Are you serious? You said it yourself, they were on the way out. Yet you somehow have talked yourself into the conclusion that we would've been better off keeping guys at the tail end of their careers rather than a key player yet to enter the prime of his?! (I would almost be inclined to put Foran in that category too, before you ask - the recurring injuries he has are the type that easily end up chronic and career-limiting).

And that's before you even get into the off-field nightmares Watmough and Foran were/are, compared to a guy who is no-fuss, low-maintenance, goes home to his wife and kids after a couple of beers.

The owners and management have made poor, unwelcome decisions - but keeping DCE over those guys was not one of them. Stuffing him around so he signed elsewhere and then had to have the bank thrown at him to overturn it was the bad decision, not re-signing him.
I agree. I also think it will take one key signing to turn DCE's career back around. If we can find a quality half to run our attacking structures who has a solid kicking game, DCE can play what he sees and that will bring out the best of him.

I see DCE caught in two minds. He is seen as the senior half and the one who needs to make it all happen, so he tries to play accordingly - direct the team around the park etc. The problem is, it is not his strength, so he has an internal battle between what he thinks he needs to do and his natural instincts which is to run and play what he sees in front of him. This leaves him half-baked as he isn't committing to either his instinctive play/strengths, or what he thinks he needs to do / play to structure.

Until we have a strong halfback who has the confidence and ability to direct the team around the park, we wont see the best of DCE.

I agree. I also think it will take one key signing to turn DCE's career back around. If we can find a quality half to run our attacking structures who has a solid kicking game, DCE can play what he sees and that will bring out the best of him.

I see DCE caught in two minds. He is seen as the senior half and the one who needs to make it all happen, so he tries to play accordingly - direct the team around the park etc. The problem is, it is not his strength, so he has an internal battle between what he thinks he needs to do and his natural instincts which is to run and play what he sees in front of him. This leaves him half-baked as he isn't committing to either his instinctive play/strengths, or what he thinks he needs to do / play to structure.

Until we have a strong halfback who has the confidence and ability to direct the team around the park, we wont see the best of DCE.

Hit the nail on the head there - it's no surprise that the DCE/Lyon combo has looked the best of any we've tried this year. Killer is exactly the composed, no-frills, get the basics right type that DCE needs as a foil. Obviously he's not the long-term solution, but it's that kind of player we should be looking at either signing or developing.

I've said it over and over again - compare how the Cowboys are going now to how they were a few years ago. It didn't click for them until they put the spine around JT that he needed. Ditto the Warriors - looks like they might be finally starting to get it together, and it's because they've figured out they need to put the right players around Shaun Johnson so he can play to his creative strengths, not stand back saying 'do something, Shaun!' on every play.

DCE is that calibre of player, FFS just give him the toolbox he needs!

Last edited:
He wanted 4 years. Manly generously offered 2 years at 600k each. He spat the dummy. See ya later. He had no interest in passing on the culture to young players.

Twatmough shat all over the club and its supporters when he left.

Thanks fpr winning a couple of comps for the club. Sincerely.

Oh...and get f*cked

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4