anthony minichiello

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yep, Mini was the main difference; he single handedly gave QLD their continual glut of possession. I continual yelled out during the game, 'you stupid, stupid rooster.'
Where was Pearce? I didn't hear his name the whole game.
And I think Mr Soward can only stand out when the play is broken; did he make a tackle... did he even take the ball to the line once.

Ok, morning gripe and criticism over... now to praise the efforts for Sunday's clash.

captainskin said:
And I think Mr Soward can only stand out when the play is broken; did he make a tackle... did he even take the ball to the line once.

Yes, he reverted to his old game of being a speed-hump!

I have said it a hundred times, while ever they pick players from the Steelers we will struggle.

Let me rate them, although they all played better than Mini and Pearce

Morris 3
Gasnier 5
Soward 4
Creaghe 4

captainskin said:
Where was Pearce? I didn't hear his name the whole game.

Not even when he kicked it out on the full in the first 5 minutes? After that he went missing, although I think he threw a good long pass for a Hayne break down the sideline in the 2nd half. Don't think he did much else.

Morris was AGAIN an embarrassment, David Williams was dropped for a lot less than Morris has done. To drop the ball cold when NSW got their only opportunity to cross the half way line in the first 20 minutes was inexcusable. How many disastrous mistakes will it take to have him marked "never again"?

Minichello was a suprise choice in game 2 & exceeded all expectations. The funny part of rugby league is the fact when your front 12 play well the fullback will generally look the goods as in the 2nd game - fowards dominate= the halves dominate ect. The main ingredient for his selection was safety & reliability which were badly shown up under pressure last night but imo many fullbacks behind that onslaught from Qld would have been made to look poor. Truth is behind the game 2 NSW Hayne OR Snake would have played like superstars & the Stuarts favourite Mini selection was proven wrong when it counted. Personally dont like Minichello but he had plenty of mates who made poor errors ect but at fullback its a lonely place & ......the spotlight comes with the position.

I didn't think Soward was that bad defensively. He handled Inglis alot better than Gasnier did one on one a few times. The only think I've been disappointed with Soward is his lack of kicking in this series. He is arguably one of the best general field kickers in the NRL, I'm not sure if it was a plan or not but poor kicks by Ennis and Pearce set the Blues on the backfoot. If Soward was kicking in those circumstances things might have been different. I'm not a fan of Sowards, far from it, but he actually exceeded my expectations this series and I think he is worth perservering with, Pearce on the other hand will be under pressure from a number of players if they can get their stuff together.

NSW could quite have easily pinched any of the last 6 series from the Morons, but a combination of coaching decisions and usually at least 1 Blues player each game deciding to have his career worst moment at that time has been the difference.

Both roosters were ****! Worst performance, no! Pearce holds that honour. That intercept pass he threw 5m out from our own line was bloody stupid. He's not up to this level at all.

Mini cost us a try - much lock Choc and his failure to stop Smith going from Dummy half

Pittwater Legend said:
I was saying to all my friends that Minichiello, Pearce and Gasnier singlehandedly cost us the game. Composed and active playmakers would have got us the win tonight. Minichiello was particularly embarrassing, he gifted too many opportunities and couldn't even stay on his feet half the time.

That's what my FB status said this morning. Pearce the greatest halfback in the game.....JOKE

lismore_fan said:
captainskin said:

How about the hospital pass Soward sent Gifts way on our line? Stewart got hammered and easily dragged back into the in goal!.

With little room to more, like the winger he is, Soward just had to take the run from dummy half. But was too chicken.

Brookvale said:
lismore_fan said:
captainskin said:

How about the hospital pass Soward sent Gifts way on our line? Stewart got hammered and easily dragged back into the in goal!.

With little room to more, like the winger he is, Soward just had to take the run from dummy half. But was too chicken.

dead set, too chicken; I thought the same thing; the one chance to at least take a hit up and lend a hand... he throws the pill to Gift. SOFT!

I feel for mini... if that was his last game in blue.. that sucks for him.. he's better than that and been a great servant for NSW footy. It's disappointing that Brett Stewart did not put his hand up. I'd like to think anyone from NSW that was fit and hasn't retired from rep footy would put their hand up and help us out

Nutzcraw said:
I feel for mini... if that was his last game in blue.. that sucks for him.. he's better than that and been a great servant for NSW footy. It's disappointing that Brett Stewart did not put his hand up. I'd like to think anyone from NSW that was fit and hasn't retired from rep footy would put their hand up and help us out

next year mate, and really club footy is more important, they are the ones that pay your salary. After the way Brett was treated do you honestly expect him to do anyone but the club any favours?

I understand the reasoning behind it... I think it's time to push that aside and get on with things. He could have made a real difference in this series. Can you imagine a QLD player declining to play?

Nutzcraw said:
I understand the reasoning behind it... I think it's time to push that aside and get on with things. He could have made a real difference in this series. Can you imagine a QLD player declining to play?
He wasn't fit enough. Imagine him getting crunched like Mini was a few times last night at this stage of his recovery.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4