Another Zorba Moment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fluffy link said:
load of BS

You and every other long term ST poster knows Mata changed his view about a year ago when he became affiliated with the biggest loser stuff.

You also know that prior to that there was no bigger detractor than him.

guess i am one of a few people that will never be bought out for anything. TBH this has shown at work through lack of promotion but at least at the end of the day i know i have made the right descisions and can sleep at night.
I certainly have not been bought out and don't play any party line. I think you will find that Mata has moved states and there is no particular affiliation though I don't know for sure. However, I am suggesting that we play the ball and not the man as I have said to other posters on other issues.

It seems there are slight feelings of animosity toward particular members of this site, I wonder what they might be talking about?

I am still annoyed about the spray Zorba gave the Souths pack a month ago, am sure they will have that stored away for us

I've been consistent in my posts that Zorba has to go.  Long ago he was a reasonable second rower, although never an 'icon' SER8, and remained a loyal club man but we all have a use by date.  His has well and truly passed.  I thought Max's comments were OK, but Peters should have thought through his.  Total idiot.   

Max's comments seemed surprisingly sympatheic towards the Storm plight. Gee, which is the only team that has been (mostly) able to match strides with Storm's super & illegal outfit over the last few years? Oh yeah, it's us. If he wasn't going to say 'they deserve everything they get because we sure don't do that' then he shouldn't have said anything. According to the article I saw, he contacted the paper off his own bat!

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
According to the article I saw, he contacted the paper off his own bat!
That is what I am talking about. If true it is crazy. I happen to agree with him on the issue but he has no need to go and get his name in the paper on behalf of the Manly club. It is maybe harmless, though unecessary in this case, but he is not a media darling and has caused trouble in the past.

His name was openly linked with newspaper speculation a few years ago in relation to suspicions about how we signed Matt Orford. Of course that was thoroughly investigated and we were cleared of any cap issues. But his name and our club's name in a newspaper article about salary cap issues - don't really see any benefit in that!

Isn't Max a part owner of Manly?  I thought his comments were reasonable.  What's the problem with you lot?  A little to quick to put the boot in methinks.

DSM5 link said:
Isn't Max a part owner of Manly?  I thought his comments were reasonable.  What's the problem with you lot?  A little to quick to put the boot in methinks.
Is it 'boot in' or reasonable comment??? I just don't think someone from Manly should be ringing the media ten minutes after a Melbourne rort story breaks. Max has caused great trouble in the past and the management has been seething on occasions.

As a professional club that is managed well, we should project that image. Look at the imbruglios that occur in the UK and US with managers of professional sport teams who want to get involved in the media. 'Our Max' is not media savvy and ought to keep out of the 'limelight'. DSM%, we will have to agree to disagree!!!

See the report: JUST minutes after yesterday's salary cap scandal broke, we received the unlikeliest of phone calls .. ie What the heck is Max doing calling the media?????

Compare this to Melinda Gainsford who appeared on Grandstand this afternoon as a representative of the Manly board - talking about governance. She was articulate, savvy, insightful and certainly not ego-driven. She was a great representative of the Manly club and presented us as a well run club. MY POINT!

Fluffy link said:
be careful CW, if you have forgotten PP has gone from most hated on this site to angel who can do no wrong by one vocal poster.....
  Get a grip human headline.  I gave him a mighty bollocking for his indefensible crap published in support of Slater sledging Patterson.  As another poster has said, PP seems to have gotten out of control around the time a leadership vacuum was created by Board machinations.  He is still spinning around in said vacuum despite new leadership.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4