Another thing to be pissed off about..

• Thread starter Deleted member 26876
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
D

Deleted member 26876

Playing in the U16s this season I found it hugely discouraging to see the state of the Harold Matts and general Manly rep sides. All of them consist primarily, and in the case of the U16 Harold Matts, entirely of Islanders stolen from the Western Suburbs, ridding desire for true Manly juniors (and locals) from pursuing their attempts to one day make their way into the Manly nrl side. I myself have opted to no longer pursue this dream because of this, and have seen first hand many deserving locals held back and wasted (although I would much rather play a role in the managing/coaching of a side, but that too seems afar and unrealistic).

Moving back to Collaroy after a four year stint living in Melbourne i'd thought it'd be different to the way Victorians only cared about filling teams with the largest players available, I was wrong. These Manly sides are worse, they are setting an 'entitled' culture from the juniors up, with these players being handed everything to them on a silver plate compared to those who have to earn it against the odds. The problems at this club are ridiculous, an absolute basket case at the moment @:mad:

The 2018 Grand Final U16 Harold Matts team:

1 Tolu Koula
2 Cameron Brown
3 Toni Mataele
4 Seturi Iakopo
5 Tapu Tuipulotu
6 Tony Francis
7 Kaeo Weekes
8 Tyreece Matangi
9 Gordon Chan Kum Tong
10 Israel Ahofono
11 Samuel Pinomi (C)
12 Siua Fotu
13 James Uesele
Interchange
14 Tyrone Holakeituai
15 Marley Hunter
25 Valeli Tonga
26 Jai Vakai
17 Darcy Hoy
21 Logan Fox

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a bit written about this earlier this year on the forum. Another move made by management to try and turn Manly into every other club at the loss of its soul.
It is hugely underestimated in achieveing that

I think we need to accept that these days there are more and more Pacific Islander origin players are in the game. I love their passion and if you were lucky enough to see our Holden cup team semi-finals and grand final wins you see the passion of their community and what they bring to the game. There is room for any player who wants to wear maroon and white give 120 percent for our cause, their race has no bearing on this!! If you look at some of the amazing players we have had from all backgrounds and cultures and they have served our club so well, long may it continue!!

I think we need to accept that these days there are more and more Pacific Islander origin players are in the game. I love their passion and if you were lucky enough to see our Holden cup team semi-finals and grand final wins you see the passion of their community and what they bring to the game. There is room for any player who wants to wear maroon and white give 120 percent for our cause, their race has no bearing on this!! If you look at some of the amazing players we have had from all backgrounds and cultures and they have served our club so well, long may it continue!!
140620150603-2014-nba-social-media-awards-best-post-00000422.1280x720.jpg

I have no issue with this, although it's gotten to the point where manly are overlooking local juniors and taking players from the west, lessening the number of local players who are willing to continue playing league

The background of these players isn't the issue, its the geographical area they are being recruited from. Growing up and playing on the Central Coast, I saw a lot of politics play out on a local level with clubs pursuing players to better their junior squads at the cost of participation for local kids. I know this isn't the same exactly (At HM and JF level) but I will have an impact on future fans and potentially players from the local area. Imagine if the Turbos had to go somewhere else or were overlooked for a run, who knows where their loyalties would lie now.

Playing in the U16s this season I found it hugely discouraging to see the state of the Harold Matts and general Manly rep sides. All of them consist primarily, and in the case of the U16 Harold Matts, entirely of Islanders stolen from the Western Suburbs, ridding desire for true Manly juniors (and locals) from pursuing their attempts to one day make their way into the Manly nrl side. I myself have opted to no longer pursue this dream because of this, and have seen first hand many deserving locals held back and wasted (although I would much rather play a role in the managing/coaching of a side, but that too seems afar and unrealistic).

Moving back to Collaroy after a four year stint living in Melbourne i'd thought it'd be different to the way Victorians only cared about filling teams with the largest players available, I was wrong. These Manly sides are worse, they are setting an 'entitled' culture from the juniors up, with these players being handed everything to them on a silver plate compared to those who have to earn it against the odds. The problems at this club are ridiculous, an absolute basket case at the moment @:mad:

The 2018 Grand Final U16 Harold Matts team:

1 Tolu Koula
2 Cameron Brown
3 Toni Mataele
4 Seturi Iakopo
5 Tapu Tuipulotu
6 Tony Francis
7 Kaeo Weekes
8 Tyreece Matangi
9 Gordon Chan Kum Tong
10 Israel Ahofono
11 Samuel Pinomi (C)
12 Siua Fotu
13 James Uesele
Interchange
14 Tyrone Holakeituai
15 Marley Hunter
25 Valeli Tonga
26 Jai Vakai
17 Darcy Hoy
21 Logan Fox

Judging by your posts Harry, I would say you're management material (in a good way).
Harry Smith-Player Manager.....
how does that sound?:)

Harry, are you really a young kid who plays Under 16s or are you your dad?
You're not behaving very skuxx:D and I'm confused by your successful spelling and maturity.
Hahahha, nah i'm just a bit like dce would've been. Literate. Then again dce uses big words unnecessarily and uses them to convince people toward a 1.3 million dollar deal. I'll be happy if i can replicate that!!

The background of these players isn't the issue, its the geographical area they are being recruited from. Growing up and playing on the Central Coast, I saw a lot of politics play out on a local level with clubs pursuing players to better their junior squads at the cost of participation for local kids. I know this isn't the same exactly (At HM and JF level) but I will have an impact on future fans and potentially players from the local area. Imagine if the Turbos had to go somewhere else or were overlooked for a run, who knows where their loyalties would lie now.
That's spot on, exactly what I wanted to say

Hahahha, nah i'm just a bit like dce would've been. Literate. Then again dce uses big words unnecessarily and uses them to convince people toward a 1.3 million dollar deal. I'll be happy if i can replicate that!!
Well good on you Harry. Literate young people are refreshing.
But to mix things up please shave off a section of your hair, pierce something and become mates with Dylan Walker.
:giggle:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8