Another T-Rex Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

codewana

Reserve Grader
So in the past, after watching the game I would usually mention something pretty negative about this guy. At the time, and especially when he was playing in the backs, I honestly didn't think he deserved to be in the team. Fortunately for us Manly fans, Des is in charge and I am not!

So, so, so glad to have been proven wrong about this guy! He has improved remarkably over the past few games, and I have been very impressed with him. As a result, I think I will post a few more (positive) threads after performances like the one he gave us tonight commending the Tony to make a mends for my initial/hasty judgements him.

Great game tonight from everyone!

Agreed, watching on TV - (I hate missing the game! Damn work!) he looked very strong in attack and very solid in defense. The number 11 suited him I thought.

This has been years in the making and the injuries to Stewart/Wolfman have put it on the back burner, should have been seeing this development last season, great to see it finally happening and all the hard work of Williams and the coaching staff starting to pay off. Now can we keep him under contract?

Good on the kid. He is obviously working very hard on his game and is making a successful transition to the forwards. He found his heart and it's a big one.

got to say that i love watching his 1 on 1 tackles where he picks the opponent up & slams him down as if he is nothing more than a rag doll.

What's pleasing is he FINALLY is starting to understand what he can do, I'm vertically challenged to an extent 1.75, but when you stand beside this guy he's a freakin monster......probably 2.3 metres tall and about half that wide and built like a brick ****house.....it's just bloody good to see him use his power....at last!!

All we ever expected was some effort and consistency from the guy. He has strung together a couple of good games now, let's hope he keeps it going. Definitely looks more useful in forwards, but don't understand why he couldn't play like that on the wing, like tuiaki and vatuvei.

Surely even the slowest of posters here could see that the problem wasn't Tony, it was his position.

The only problem with his play in the backs was his inability to change direction. That should be a hint right there to where he should play. We all knew it. The big fella is goin' good.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Chip and Chase said:
All we ever expected was some effort and consistency from the guy. He has strung together a couple of good games now, let's hope he keeps it going. Definitely looks more useful in forwards, but don't understand why he couldn't play like that on the wing, like tuiaki and vatuvei.

Because Tuiaki and Vatuvei could never handle the forwards like T-Rex does. They would just blend in with other forwards where as T-Rex dominates opponents and just happens to have the speed of a backline player.

I also loved his rag doll tackles on Tariq Sims. Especially when the commentators mentioned:
"Big Tony just did a 'Sims on Sims'!"

and when Tony and Mauro kept lining up the big hits:

"well isn't it a 'wack a Sims night' tonight!"

But after the game the footage of Tariq and T-Rex enjoying a good long chat got me thinking how much i'd like to see them in the backrow for the Blues SOO, I take it the junior blues sides are where they became such mates.. ??

Duff said:
Surely even the slowest of posters here could see that the problem wasn't Tony, it was his position.

I thought that ever since he was put into the 5/8th spot with the SCSE (but I'm not saying that he was a good 5/8th or that he belongs in that position). He just plays a lot better when he is close to the action to keep him interested. I'm pretty sure that he was brought to Manly to play in the forwards but injuries kept him away up until now.

Tariq will need scans after that game. What sort?

As any computer gamer will know, a Sims CT.

Duff said:

The only problem with his play in the backs was his inability to change direction. That should be a hint right there to where he should play. We all knew it. The big fella is goin' good.

The guy has been improving for ages ... but every every time you wrapped him you expected to get 4 people saying you are a goose or wrong. His price is going up week by week - I hope they put pen to paper soon. We wont be able to afford him soon.

To the 10% who always stayed loyal to T rex we saulte you !!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6