Another Promise for Brookie?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lismore_fan

Bencher
Long wait for Brookvale could finally be over

Written by: Turfmate Editor

The 30-year wait to fix dilapidated Brookvale Oval may nearly be over.

Manly chairman Scott Penn hopes to announce the construction of a state-of-the-art Centre of Excellence at the northern end of Lottoland within the next four to six weeks.

It would be the first, vital step towards a major upgrade for a famous old footy ground seemingly left neglected and run down.

The Brookvale Centre of Excellence would house the club’s football operations, coaching staff, administration and have 3000 undercover seats out front.

With three training fields available, the team would continue to train the majority of each week out of the Academy of Sport at Narrabeen.

“We are making progress. To be honest, we are little bit sick of talking about it,” Penn said. “We are really wanting to focus on action and we have a master plan already in place.

“It’s now about getting stage one away and we’re hopeful we can do that in the next month or so, in terms of locking it down so we can then come out, announce it, and get things under way.

“The club is working very closely with local and State Government to make sure we have the right Centre of Excellence at Lottoland that would befit an NRL club. We are still a way away but there are certainly positive and proactive conversations going on.

“We are still somewhat at the behest of Government in terms of announcement timing so we can’t promise anything but hopefully by the end of the year we’ll be clear.”

Penn, whose family has injected $12 million into Manly and faces another $1.5 million outlay for this year, claimed after the Centre of Excellence was approved, he and CEO Lyall Gorman could move forward to implement a “broader master plan.”

“We are already in strong dialogue with a number of potential options, in terms of colleges and other facilities, in terms of commercial development, in some form a public-private partnership, to really activate the whole site,” he said.

“Brookvale, the area, deserves an activated precinct. We need to get an outcome at Brookvale, that’s what we need to do. We want to optimise the entire Brookvale precinct.”

Hiya mate,
Twas posted in another thread (somewhere) and it sounds pretty good but I think we're all a bit once bitten, 8 millions times shy because of that damn kid who cried wolf.

It was like it was posted... we all went 'meh' and got back to bagging everyone who dared put 'coach' in their occupational title.

Hope Lismore is doing well.

Cant wait to see the diorama of this one. I wonder where they put them all?

Long wait for Brookvale could finally be over

Written by: Turfmate Editor

The 30-year wait to fix dilapidated Brookvale Oval may nearly be over.

Manly chairman Scott Penn hopes to announce the construction of a state-of-the-art Centre of Excellence at the northern end of Lottoland within the next four to six weeks.

It would be the first, vital step towards a major upgrade for a famous old footy ground seemingly left neglected and run down.

The Brookvale Centre of Excellence would house the club’s football operations, coaching staff, administration and have 3000 undercover seats out front.

With three training fields available, the team would continue to train the majority of each week out of the Academy of Sport at Narrabeen.

“We are making progress. To be honest, we are little bit sick of talking about it,” Penn said. “We are really wanting to focus on action and we have a master plan already in place.

“It’s now about getting stage one away and we’re hopeful we can do that in the next month or so, in terms of locking it down so we can then come out, announce it, and get things under way.

“The club is working very closely with local and State Government to make sure we have the right Centre of Excellence at Lottoland that would befit an NRL club. We are still a way away but there are certainly positive and proactive conversations going on.

“We are still somewhat at the behest of Government in terms of announcement timing so we can’t promise anything but hopefully by the end of the year we’ll be clear.”

Penn, whose family has injected $12 million into Manly and faces another $1.5 million outlay for this year, claimed after the Centre of Excellence was approved, he and CEO Lyall Gorman could move forward to implement a “broader master plan.”

“We are already in strong dialogue with a number of potential options, in terms of colleges and other facilities, in terms of commercial development, in some form a public-private partnership, to really activate the whole site,” he said.

“Brookvale, the area, deserves an activated precinct. We need to get an outcome at Brookvale, that’s what we need to do. We want to optimise the entire Brookvale precinct.”

I can't wait to see the artist's impressions, AGAIN.

Initial reports have Greenberg sending the integrity unit to Brookvale to investigate the old contracts of Jamie Lyon after reading of all this money going towards a centre of excellence

Please Baz,
May we keep the rehab gear?????
St-Gerard’s-Orthopaedic-Hospital-abandoned-in-Birmingham-West-Midlands-4.jpg

I can't get excited about this. So many times the Penns have come up with these grand plans and Brookvale Oval is still the same as it was since they took over.

I will believe it when I see it.

It's a great idea, potentially we could lease it out to touring teams, (rugby soccer and league) and local teams like Sydney FC and warratahs IF the playing surface was of decent quality.
Councils loves the idea of bringing ppl into the area.

Exactly what we need .... a place to house the football operations and coaching staff .... 15 ****ken Kilometers away from their training grounds ....... who makes this Shiite up ......

It will be offices for the marketing dept and hangers oners .... at best ...

However the actual building and stand will be a great improvement .....

They should release this story with the old Tooheys Manly - Parramatta TV ad playing in the background.

Hear we go again, Manly releasing another upgrade for Brookvale.

Would be perfect with all the upgrades we have been going to get.

Exactly what we need .... a place to house the football operations and coaching staff .... 15 ****ken Kilometers away from their training grounds ....... who makes this Shiite up ......

But, but, but ..... it's a centre of excellence ......... just what we need to compete.

I won’t hold my breathe on the project but maybe they’ve been smart enough to build a new grandstand with a centre of excellence amongst it which passes the governments requirements in spending the money.

I’d like to know if this is another set of dollars seperate to our original funding or is this the $22.5 million we were always going to get?

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8