Another halfback rumour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seriously though, aren't you frustrated at all the other clubs around us ability to sign players, and our complete lack of this? I admit I'm emotional about the situation. sue me.

Ryan let's be realistic. I don't want to get into an argument about when Foran did or did not decide to sign with Parra. But what we know is that we only officially found out 4-5 weeks ago that our two key players are gone. Let's just breath and give the retention/recruitment guys a bit of time to work out a plan and get their ducks lined up. I'd rather see a considered wholistic approach to building for the future rather than just reactionary signing of anyone who happens to be "on the market" just so we have something to announce. Give it a bit of time I say.

No I am actually the opposite. I want the club management to take some time and get things right. I liked Sezar, but I actually prefer the club frame the market worth of players off contract and make offers accordingly. I would suggest to you Ryan, that if we are missing targets, it's because we are making prudent calls on our offers.
That is the way we do things at Manly...THAT is what builds the culture.
No high priced show ponies!!!
That is what I believe.

In all this illogical mess this↑ is the only logical explanation I can find. That or we've gone stark raving looney and have absolutely n.f.i. I think they (management) have concluded the only way to kill this toxic environment is to scorch earth and start again.

If you go the Manly Warringah website and listen to Tooveys 6min interview he speaks as if he knows nothing about recruitment which is a disgrace. What the hell is going on. The coach should have the biggest say in who he wants in hi playing roster, im sure DES HASLER does. Until we can sort ourselves out who would want to play for us a present. So frustrating everyone team appears to be getting players except us and now it appears the eels have also secured Beau scott and we cant even secure a rookie half back. Like what the hell !!

6 Kane Elgey
7 Riley Travers
experiment with lyon, hiku, mateo, rudolph, littlejohn, hodges and gutho at 6 if travers isnt ready for first grade yet
Problem solved, although i highly doubt this will be the outcome with our luck

Dinga I share the pain, but I think we will only sign once round 13 is gone.

For whatever reason, I suspect Penn and Teller and their sidekick Bargearse are throwing the house at FOZ still.

Once the FOZ deadline is gone we will pick up the dregs of the market that are left.

2016 will make 2015 look good.

Dinga I share the pain, but I think we will only sign once round 13 is gone.

For whatever reason, I suspect Penn and Teller and their sidekick Bargearse are throwing the house at FOZ still.

Once the FOZ deadline is gone we will pick up the dregs of the market that are left.

2016 will make 2015 look good.
Agreed.
We will be left with our di$k in our hands and sign Nuffies on overs.

I'd love love love to be proved wrong......

Still after foz ? the only game we won this year was because DCE had a blinder against the storm. Our future should have been built around DCE not foz. DCE is worth a million dollars in todays market we should have built a team of kids around him.

still haven't given up hope on JLJ - solid at present but with a bit of confidence could be a real handful, big and strong with a decent kicking game and hitting the line hard he could be a nice complement to an elgy type player.

We have a gun half in Cade Cust who is contracted to us for a few years, unfortunately plays in SG Ball. A real talent.

A hypothetical question, what if both DCE and Foran had been through the Canberra Juniors system and firstly been coached by Furner and then Stuart, would they have reached the heights they have. .

Of course not. The only reason they are any good at all and the only reason they won a comp together in 2011 and made all those rep teams is because we had Brad Arthur as an assistant coach for 12 months in 2013.

I'm sorry guys but I can't jump on the Littlejohn bandwagon. He's had a go in first grade and looked ok once. His trial form was also poor IMO and if we can't get someone better with $2m in the bank then I'm done!

Scott to the Eels for 3 years 1.5M. Gee they will be terrible when him and Choc are 33 taking up over a mill.

Imagine when they are 35 and are still taking up 1.3 Million!!
I can see what they are TRYING to do. But Choc is clearly on the downside of his career. Scott is good now but will turn into a pumpkin soon enough too (maybe like Choc when he hits 31 for the start of this deal). If you're going to blow that kind of money on old back rowers, you'd want you're other positions sorted. They still have no props or decent backs outside of Semi.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6