Another Dogs' staffer goes. Imagine if Manly.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
If this was a Manly staffer getting this alleged treatment it woudn't be a four line story.

LONG-SERVING Canterbury conditioner Larry Britton was gutted by the way he exited the club. After some 30 years service he was offered a $30,000 payout – under his understanding he was entitled to $120,000.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/renis-hard-sell-bring-back-mason-20111217-1p06h.html#ixzz1gpJn3Uwr

While ever the current staff & players are happy then the grumblings of the departed won't count for much. As soon as things go wrong however, those grumblings & rumblings can reverberate louder. Greenberg has put all his eggs in Des's basket. If Des trips, many here will laugh long & loud.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
While ever the current staff & players are happy then the grumblings of the departed won't count for much. As soon as things go wrong however, those grumblings & rumblings can reverberate louder. Greenberg has put all his eggs in Des's basket. If Des trips, many here will laugh long & loud.
I'd like to see them both with egg on their face:D

The issue with the dogs is the road to a premiership is a long one and they usually want heads to roll if someone trips up very early in the journey.
Their mentality and Des's mentality are two completely different things.

It stated in the last Rugby League Review Magazine that the Dogs had actually completely cut one of their lower grade teams in an attempt tp save some money due to the large dollars they had to pay for all the new staff. Not sure which team though as I threw the mag out but may have been their Bundaberg Cup Team?? May see a few more of the old crew leaving soon as well.

Remember the stories and pictures of Greg Eastwood at the start of last year? He was done up in Wolverine style gear. Posing and growling about how ripped he was. Then there was Greg at the end of the year, looking like a dairy cow that had been in a very good paddock. And you want to be their conditioner Larry? Fair dinkum mate, you had a good run for thirty years, now there's a new boss, and he's a wake up to you. See ya mate!

I think De$ will make little or no difference to the dogs.

I think in a few years he may regret that decision to go to the dogs.

Its a pity - De$ could have been rememebred as the greatest coach of Manly of the modern era. Now he'll simply be remembered as the coach that tried to break the club apart.

And if he is unsuccessful at the Dogs he'll probably probably be hated at Belmore as well. He'd probably win any of the most hated man contests which I think he doesn't deserve. But we live and die by our choices I suppose.

Dogs sacked Moore who had the 4th highest winning % of current coaches who had coached mroe then 50 games at the time.
If Des does not get the Dogs at least into finals this year and GF the following year and then win in 3rd year he will be looking for a new job.

eagle-rock08 said:

Its a pity - De$ could have been rememebred as the greatest coach of Manly of the modern era. Now he'll simply be remembered as the coach that tried to break the club apart.

And if he is unsuccessful at the Dogs he'll probably probably be hated at Belmore as well. He'd probably win any of the most hated man contests which I think he doesn't deserve. But we live and die by our choices I suppose.

I actually think Hasler will make a difference for the Bulldogs. When great coaches (and Des is a great coach - his records shows that) move to different clubs they usually have success soon enough. Look at Bennett, Sheens, and in years gone by look at Jack Gibson and Gus Gould.

Eaglette Fan said:
eagle-rock08 said:

I actually think Hasler will make a difference for the Bulldogs. When great coaches (and Des is a great coach - his records shows that) move to different clubs they usually have success soon enough. Look at Bennett, Sheens, and in years gone by look at Jack Gibson and Gus Gould.

Gibson didn't have much success at the Sharks. Likewise Stanton at Balmain and Sheens at the Cowboys.

Des's record of win/losses speaks for itself...
If things don't pan out, he might regret it because he will never be allowed back to Manly! On the other hand I guess he will not regret picking up over 2.2 million over 3 years! How times have changed... Allan borders last contract with the ACB was worth 90k...
Allan Border is a legend, Des is a rat...

runningrugby said:
Des's record of win/losses speaks for itself...
If things don't pan out, he might regret it because he will never be allowed back to Manly! On the other hand I guess he will not regret picking up over 2.2 million over 3 years! How times have changed... Allan borders last contract with the ACB was worth 90k...
Allan Border is a legend, Des is a rat...

I think by all reports Des went for a pay that was less in the end. It was not about the money for him. I think he will do reasonably well. I hope there are no grand finals in that. I do hope he fails though.

Bit harsh on L-Dub there Fro. Haven't you noticed that Des always liked quiet achievers in the team to do the cleaning up? Think Rodney and Mauro in the days since.

Besides, at least Luke Williamson is loyal to Manly - we gave him a chance when others wouldn't and he has repaid the Club in bucketloads in my book. A bit like Hasler - up until Friday 7 Oct 11.

Fro said:
they all play favorites shane, every single one of them.

heard of Luke Williamson?

Lol I was referencing having that diving merkin Farah anywhere near a green and gold jersey

Bryant,Hodkinson and L Dub are pretty damn good examples of Des favoritism though

eagleE said:
I think by all reports Des went for a pay that was less in the end. It was not about the money for him. I think he will do reasonably well. I hope there are no grand finals in that. I do hope he fails though.

LMFAO!

If des is given the time I think it is not a matter of if he will have success but when. Look at what he did for us, where we came from with next to no money (He helped to create the spirit in the team)

You can not doubt his credentials as a coach. The question is do the dogs have the patience to sit through the losses we all did back in the day

lsz said:
If des is given the time I think it is not a matter of if he will have success but when. Look at what he did for us, where we came from with next to no money (He helped to create the spirit in the team)

You can not doubt his credentials as a coach. The question is do the dogs have the patience to sit through the losses we all did back in the day

The dogs wont have the patience to sit thru 3 to 5 years for a GF appearance like we did.

One of the things Des has done is that he has bucked the current trend of weight training. While other clubs are bulking up their players. Manly do far less leg weights and do more running; endurance, mobility and sprinting. Des believes you cant run with fat legs. They do slightly more upper body weights then other clubs.

In the last 3 or 4 seasons Manly players have suffered less leg injuries than any other club.

Nearly every NRL coach has no input into the team's fitness / weight training. That responsibility is delegated to the trainers and most coaches dont even attend the sessions. This is not the case with Des.

So I can understand Des not working with a fitness trainer with opposite views. His way or the high way. I think his way is right.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6