[Resurrected] Announcement this week for a $30mil stadium upgrade

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
Not for us... For Parramatta Stadium. Increase ground capacity by 5k and improved corporate facilities.

Election sweetener by Gillard to get the votes but she wont be around in September. When Tony gets in he will cancel the Para stadium funding and give it to us. Lol at para.

Frank Lowy to be made an honorary Manly Member ASAP:idea:

The Soccer mob are being feted to get the Labor Votes in September whilst the AFL and NRL are busy with finals footy :dodgy:

The Eels Board is considering moving all games to ANZ - DT 7 June, 2013 :huh:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/parramatta-eels-looking-at-shift-to-anz-stadium/story-fni3ga7r-1226658949837#

Wonder who will take over the Bluetongue licence from 2014, when Singo finishes his tenure :cool:

$30M for extra 5000 seats??? They don't even use up all the seats they have now!

That $30M equals $6000 per each extra seat!

From memory , i think some people were suggesting that the best and only chance for Brookie to get a total redvelopement would be to make the ground part of a some sort of government trust - like parra and the sfs, homebush are. Parra dont own there ground - the govt does. Why not lobby to make the ground part of some govt trust , for the northern beaches ?

Unfortunately as much as Brookie needs the upgrade (really needs it) it will never be a priority because it is really only utilised by MWSE. Parra stadium whist almost empty for Eels games is full for the WSW games. However i still think that is due to the honeymoon period for their supporters and only about half would turn up if they weren't on the same type of winning run as last season.

The worst thing is it will take a serious injury or something similar before focus is placed where it needs to be. Just a joke!!

Didn't the Eels reveal recently they are moving more games to ANZ? The Wanderers will do the same as they continue to grow. A waste of money putting it into Parramatta Stadium for 5000 more seats.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/parramatta-eels-looking-at-shift-to-anz-stadium/story-fni3ga7r-1226658949837

Parramatta Eels looking at shift to ANZ Stadium | thetelegraph.com.au

Jun 7, 2013 – EXCLUSIVE: THE new Eels board is entertaining the option of moving more games away from Parramatta Stadium, with ANZ Stadium in line to ...

Wasn't yesterday's match with Souffs at ANZ a Parra home match? I'm sure Parra ran out second (yes, I know they came second).
Not too smart gifting your opposition their home ground when your record is so much better at home.
They got 17,000 at ANZ, no more than they would have if they had kept it at Parramatta Stadium.

Yes it was a Parra home match, they have never won a game they have moved to Homebush as there goes the home ground advantage.

Would be the same for us if we move, we would lose a lot of home ground advantage.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4