[Resurrected] Announcement this week for a $30mil stadium upgrade

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Brookie has other factors inclusding a council that dont want to redevelope the oval and the greensd who want it open to the public.

We will only get a small amounts of money to fix toilets and canteens at best.

The Who said:
Wasn't yesterday's match with Souffs at ANZ a Parra home match? I'm sure Parra ran out second (yes, I know they came second).
Not too smart gifting your opposition their home ground when your record is so much better at home.
They got 17,000 at ANZ, no more than they would have if they had kept it at Parramatta Stadium.

Souffs members got in for free as well. A reciprocal arrangement apparently.

Mals said:
Souffs members got in for free as well. A reciprocal arrangement apparently.

That's interesting as Gus carried on about the crowd on about 4 different occasions, not one mention that it was free though.

Admittedly you still had to go watch in the rain.

Admittedly admittedly, you could sit undercover so.....!

All good for me...although i am not sure a 2 / 4 deserves a "well done, Dan"....

Rambo1987 said:
Brookie has other factors inclusding a council that dont want to redevelope the oval and the greensd who want it open to the public.

Canteen worker will be stoked! As will alan jones.

Well at least today we finally have got started on the COE.

Its a start but only a start.

my next project I would like to see all around the ground boundary get rid of wooden benches replaced by seating like on the western side of the ground.

Last edited:
Well at least today we finally have got started on the COE.

Its a start but only a start.

my next project I would like to see all around the ground boundary get rid of wooden benches replaced by seating like on the western side of the ground.
There will be more than that

I hope so I know we are wanting a full ground facelift and I want it
but I see the changing of benches as a very easy win and adds another 1000 odd seats for memberships.

full ground upgrade needed

The best thing that has ever happened for suburban grounds in Sydney is the back down on the ANZ stadium knock down.

Clearly the best chance we’ve seen for suburban upgrades.

I hope so I know we are wanting a full ground facelift and I want it
but I see the changing of benches as a very easy win and adds another 1000 odd seats for memberships.

full ground upgrade needed
Yes. It’s 2020 after all, not 1970.

Then get rid of that hideous f-cking shed on the hill, build a new amenities block behind the hill (which can be incorporated eventually into a new stand), which includes a bar, plus a new pathway along the top of the hill. That would allow for easier and safer access at both the top and bottom of the hill.

Who knows, the cops (or whomever) might then lift their draconian ‘clear pathways’ measures up and down the hill, so that capacity can be increased on the cheap!

One small step for Man . One giant leap for our Great Manly club.

Unlike other clubs who got a free ride to upgrade their stadium . Our club had to fight long and hard to make the most of what little opportunity and support we had

I dream about our Great club being a Bench mark once again and the envy of all clubs and I am pumped that we are heading in the right direction with this inspirational news .

Congratulations to our great club for giving us fans some thing to be proud of

Acting Minister for Sport . Quote .....
*The new 3000 seat grandstand and high performance Centre of Excellence will be the ENVY OF ALL OTHER CLUBS !!! *

Governments are going to have to borrow money and invest in infrastructure to create jobs and not just one or two ****ing big projects rather lots of much smaller ones.

A stadium upgrade would meet this criteria, jobs , a community benefit and would last for 50 years minimum.

So how do you see this will this work or be utilised by Manly considering they have their training headquarters at narrabeen? Gym and physio work at Brookie and training at narrabeen?

Does anyone have the link of the architecture plans for the COO?

Yep, all jokes about Lyon and Matai aside, what exactly is a Centre Of Excellence, what exactly does one do there, and why will it be the envy of other, less excellent teams ??

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4