Annesley's weakly "Why this happened" report - 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It's laughable. How can they know the players intention? Only a moron would make such a statement. How did we end up with clowns like this running the game?
Because the clowns running the NRL give their clown mates jobs so they don't have smart people there to make them look like ......... clowns.

In this weeks (weaks) edition of soul crushing bewilderment; for those who expected anything other than Lawton was the right call as was wighton's then don't read on.

Starting off:

Annesley gave us all a long winded explanation about hip drops as we're all sausage roll eating morons. We were 'treated' to 4 examples. 3 hip drops and 1 not.

You would think with all the finger pointing at the Roosters being favoured over the last couple of weeks that Annesley wouldn't use a roosters example as a hip drop that wasn't.
But nope, example number 4 was JWH injuring a dragons player but it wasn't a hip drop. (Even if correct, which I think it was...read the room annesley!)

Annesley then said - sometimes even if a player is injured, if the intention wasn't there then accidents happen. (Keep this quote in mind re: Lawton).

Dogs v rorters:
We were then shown the incident where a knock on was missed, and the next play Tedesco scored.
Annesley puffed out his chest and said the bunker doesn't go back to plays other than the immediate one leading to tries. So yes, the ref missed it, but that's the line in the sand.

He then inexplicably said that maybe the captain should have used a challenge seemingly to forget that a captain can't go back and challenge that play! And of course no journo's mentioned this. f..m..d.

Lawton - easy dec to make as only one in the tackle. Said everyone accepted there was no intention. But if you lift a player bad things happen. Keep in mind he'd just said there was no intention in the jwh injury causing tackle so you can't suspend jwh.

wighton - two in the tackle so blah blah blah.

Ok, fair enough but there was a time not long ago where the nrl said the opposite:

Lawton: tackle gone wrong so a couple of weeks
Wighton: You put your arm between the legs and lifted so we're throwing the book at you. 4-5 weeks.

So I'm (manly) not sure (manly) when that (manly) thought process(manly) changed.

thank goodness...that was all.
Ummmm (hand up).......so in the hip drop analcyst , was there no mention of the one on Parker that caused the 4 weeks MCL injury yet only a $1000 fine. Also ( supplementry question) was there no mention of the $750 eye gouge , as has conveniently not been mentioned by anyone in the so called unbiased media !?!?!?

Ummmm (hand up).......so in the hip drop analcyst , was there no mention of the one on Parker that caused the 4 weeks MCL injury yet only a $1000 fine. Also ( supplementry question) was there no mention of the $750 eye gouge , as has conveniently not been mentioned by anyone in the so called unbiased media !?!?!?

No mention of either.

CASE DISMISSED

~sigh~

Hey GE, I’m quite partial to a good sausage roll, my Auntie’s were something really special, but I’ll cop the moron tag.

Me as well (who doesn't?)

But just in case you don't know... zorba called us all that one time, so it's kinda become a 'meme' around here. though I can't help but think you knew that.

Meh, it's late. I dunno and if I talk about it much more I'll get hungry.

war chest!

Complete farce, both deserved suspensions and the "excuse" used for Mansour not getting suspended read like it was written by 10yo.

So the reality now is everything is a "real" hip drop unless you play for Penrith and Souths with other clubs to added to that list in the future.

More lies in today’s SMH regarding the Suncorp surface:

NRL head of football Graham Annesley said. “It’s a major stadium with full-time ground staff.

“It usually gets brought up this time of year before Magic Round and people ask, ‘is the ground going to stand up to it?’ And it always does.

NRL head of football Graham Annesley said. “It’s a major stadium with full-time ground staff.

“It usually gets brought up this time of year before Magic Round and people ask, ‘is the ground going to stand up to it?’ And it always does.
Apparently there is a rain bomb -- not to be confused with a Burton Bomb -- scheduled to hit Brisbane and surrounding regions all this week. How's that going to affect the surface, and what sort of a spectacle will eight matches in the pouring rain provide?
I wonder if the NRL will move the venue?

I am always glad that as we play the donkeys in magic round we play on the Friday night. The playing surface is always like a cow paddock at suncorp and it is a total joke by the end of this round. Glad tha V’Landys hasn’t bought into the all games out of a couple of stadiums each week, magic round shows exactly why it is the stupidest idea ever (take note stupid ayres)

Both players have been charged with Grade 3 High Tackle - Careless offences, which will see Kennedy (2-3 matches) and Ramien (3-4 matches) sidelined for several matches.

OK, so Ramien gets 10 in the bin and 3-4 weeks but stays on the field and Kennedy gets sent off and 2-3 weeks.

Good to see the bunker are consistent, total joke as usual.

Mmm.."always" stands up? Even after 150-175mm of rain predicted this week :wondering:

Strangely enough the SMH article about the suspensions doesn't have any comments.

My suspicious mind thinks that could be because Ch9 are the main broadcaster of the NRL.

Both players have been charged with Grade 3 High Tackle - Careless offences, which will see Kennedy (2-3 matches) and Ramien (3-4 matches) sidelined for several matches.

OK, so Ramien gets 10 in the bin and 3-4 weeks but stays on the field and Kennedy gets sent off and 2-3 weeks.

Good to see the bunker are consistent, total joke as usual.
Meanwhile Tupou stayed on the field & copped a 1 match suspension lol!

Good evening Champs!

Suffering from insomnia and not being able to find a fork to stick in my head, I decided to listen to this weeks stream of 'why this happened' from Mr. Annesley.

First up - a lot of promoting of magic round.

Next - A list of stats to show the margins aren't as big as last year. (Annesley only hates stats that prove the refs are making too many mistakes).

Game incidents:

Incident #1

Kikau (sp) did knock on the ball that every official missed. Showed the ref was about to blow his whistle, then took it away as 'unsure' and not because teams are favoured.

Question asked why did he take whistle away and bunker not used?
Anne: Said that bunker can't intervene and play went on.
Claimed that touchie, who couldn't see the play told the ref it was play on.
Claims that ball was on opposite side of player so ref may not have seen.

Q: it happened last week as well and the ref got dropped. Is it concerning that the top referee is making these mistakes?
Anne(sley): Well it is a concern but refs gets things wrong. (note: will use Anne from now on)

Q: Could eels then deliberately strip to then challenge and get the bunker to rule on the knock on?
Anne: They could but there's a risk (hahahahaha) that they'll end up in the sin bin for a deliberate foul.

Incident #2
Parra trainer running in front of 'riff kicker:
Excuse: Currently looking into it. No decision as yet. Explained the rule that trainers can't do what he did (fmd...we know!!!!! and I reckon the parra trainer knew as well!!!)
Q: What punishments are you looking at?
A: warning, breach notice, penalty - depends on circumstances and how much we get paid off.
Q:So you've decided it broke the rules. Just determining the punishment?
A: Nooooo. We haven't decided. Depends on what the version of what "distracting" is. (fmd).
Q:Will you ask Cleary if he was distracted?
A: Nope.
Q: Nathan didn't appear to be distracted, so that doesn't come into it then, as the rule was broken?
A: Nope (f...m...d) Depends on the definition of distracted.
Q: Could he have been allowed to take the kick again?
A: There is a provision for a re-take if another PLAYER distracts, but no provision if a trainer does that.
Q:Should there be a provision?
A: We'll review that.

Incident #3
Cowboys v Knights: Obstruction call by the bunker:
Tamaolo (sp) try disallowed due to obstruction. Ref's initial view was no try.
Issue: Did attacker take out defender or did defender commit to tackling the lead runner?

Anne: Explained the rule admitting it's divisive attributes. Droned on and on and on about it.
Anne believes it was an obstruction. Said the lead runner ran straight at the defender. Crapped on about it for awhile, acknowledging people may think otherwise.
Said the bunker needs to get involved otherwise coaches will instruct lead runners to do this a lot, lot more than they're doing it now.

-No questions on that incident.

Further questions:
High tackles: Are you happy two high tackles (cronulla) were handled differently by the match officials even though they were graded the same by the mrc. Sin bin v send off.

anne: Yes. Though he would also have been happy if both were handled the same.

Q: what about the unregistered souffs player?
Anne: Not my monkey, not my circus. so dunno.
Q: How does a player even get onto the field unregistered?
Anne: Well, there's processes in place but it's not my department so I can't really comment in any valued manner. These things happen and there are consequences.

Finally, magic round will be awesome and the ground will be fabulous.

THANK YOU EVERYONE :) <- That's from me, not Annesley.

Mmm.."always" stands up? Even after 150-175mm of rain predicted this week :wondering:
950609-australia-weather-floods.jpg

I am always glad that as we play the donkeys in magic round we play on the Friday night. The playing surface is always like a cow paddock at suncorp and it is a total joke by the end of this round. Glad tha V’Landys hasn’t bought into the all games out of a couple of stadiums each week, magic round shows exactly why it is the stupidest idea ever (take note stupid ayres)
Suncorp will be a mess after the first game given the rain coming. We are lucky we are game 2.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8