Annesley admits Manly should have been given a penalty in his opinion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

"It will improve accuracy, efficiency, consistency and transparency, and combined with the introduction of the shot clock and a reduction in interchange, will result in a more free-flowing game.

"Make no mistake, this is a game changer; we will control the vision, and we will have access to much improved technology, which means will be able to make informed decisions much quicker than we have done previously.

"Supporters will also be informed. We will transform the fan experience through live explanations via the broadcast and via our digital and social platforms."

NRL General Manager of Officiating Tony Archer said a greater consistency would be achieved as a result of the NRL Bunker."

What could possibly go wrong.....?

Has anyone ever been suspended for swearing at a ref?
Rugby league veteran Cameron Smith has shared his frustration, dropping an F-bomb at NRL referee Ben Cummins after missing a chance for a captain’s challenge during the Melbourne Storm’s entertaining round five victory over the Newcastle Knights.
You f***ing called it,” he yelled at the official, who just laughed at the outburst.
so I guess some can get away with and some can’t

I know it's a can of worms and there likely is something in the NRL rules and I'm not 100% serious but with an admission of getting it wrong on two occasions in as near many weeks.....

I wonder how we would go at the sports arbitration commission........yeah let's sue the f*ckers
Seriously though, whats the point of an admission of wrong if there is no other follow through, AFB in this case, any player in other cases gets a fine / suspension if they happen to have a clear view of it and say a few choice words, yet they admit they Fkn got it wrong and nothing else happens.................

Rugby league veteran Cameron Smith has shared his frustration, dropping an F-bomb at NRL referee Ben Cummins after missing a chance for a captain’s challenge during the Melbourne Storm’s entertaining round five victory over the Newcastle Knights.
You f***ing called it,” he yelled at the official, who just laughed at the outburst.

To be fair I don't think its the Fbomb that was the problem with AFB words :talking:

As much as I hate Smith and the refereeing double standards if that grub had added retard at the end of it then Smith would have to get the same treatment AFB has copped. If AFB had just said "he funking pushed him in the back you called it ref that's ****ed" I think that he gets off

I'm not excusing AFB for his spray, especially to the ref on the field who had nothing to do with the decision. That was just dumb. But what disturbs me is that a verbal spray that will hurt no one (sticks and stones) will have us without one of our primary forwards, while the video ref who we all saw gave the wrong decision (sorry Annesley, but its more than just point of view) and potentially lost out chance to win the game, will probably suffer no penalty. Which behaviour caused the most damage? Dreadful double standards if what I just described comes to pass and quite frankly the Manly club should make a formal protest.

Sorry it wasn't a sin bin for Jake.
Sorry Tom didn't throw a forward pass.
Sorry Funa was taken out and it should have been a pen.

Fu.ck you Annesley. Sorry.

Would like to see the footage of Jake last year and the one on Sunday side by side. That would be embarrassing

So what is he going to do about it? Sorry doesn't help our season, nor in the finals at year. I guess they have the West doing strong so Manly isn't a concern.

I'm not excusing AFB for his spray, especially to the ref on the field who had nothing to do with the decision. That was just dumb. But what disturbs me is that a verbal spray that will hurt no one (sticks and stones) will have us without one of our primary forwards, while the video ref who we all saw gave the wrong decision (sorry Annesley, but its more than just point of view) and potentially lost out chance to win the game, will probably suffer no penalty. Which behaviour caused the most damage? Dreadful double standards if what I just described comes to pass and quite frankly the Manly club should make a formal protest.
I dont agree that the ref was blameless in this. Both he and the touchie saw the incident. That is why he sent it to the videoidiot to see if it was a penalty try. He should have said that if it wasnt a penalty try he was considering a prof foul and penalty. This is what usually happens. The ref was less than 10 metres from the push and the touchie even closer. It is also the process he used to send DCE to the bin.

Look on the bright side, being robbed of 2 and now possibly 4 competition points isn't really such a setback, because if we were in the finals the refs just find ways to sin-bin our players anyway, so its not as though we were actually going to win anything.

Too little, Too late. That is 2 calls that has gone against us, costs us 2 games (well the knights on might have been a kick for goal to square up) and AFB spending 2 weeks on the sideline (yes, he needs to learn to shut his mouth).

Getting really over it.

Simply coming out post match saying the bunker was wrong is a waste of time.

Here is a thought - try and fix it.

At least Annesley is prepared to admit mistakes and to go through the process of showing why decisions were made. I respect that. But if he does nothing to address the problem, then its just p.ssing in the wind. Admit to mistake and then take action to ensure it doesn't happen again. Make the refs answerable for wrong decision making that is so obvious. That's where Annesley needs to take firm action and I don't think he is at this stage.

I just watched Annesley's explanation of why Maxwell made the decision he made.

Counts the number of frames from the time the ball left Funa's boot to when the impact of Best's push was apparent = 8 frames.

Apparently TV plays at a rate of 20 frames per second so it was less than half a second therefore Best didnt have time to pull out of his "tackle" on Funa.

What a load of bollocks.

If the onfield ref saw enough in real time to refer to the video ref for possible penalty try or penalty then Best had enough time to pull out once Funa kicked.

Players have been pinged for smashing halfbacks from behind in less than 8 frames after they've passed the ball.

What's the point in even having a video ref - who has the technology to slow footage down & inspect it frame by frame - if they're just going to use the excuse of "oh but in real time it happened too fast for the player to pull out"?

These players are elite sportsmen with insane reflexes - looking at the front on footage you can see Best has a clear view of the ball leaving Funa's hands for the kick. If everyone else can see it, why isnt Best held to the same - if not higher - expectation?

Rant over.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4