Funny stories and amusing anecdotes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The importance of good punctuation....(and comprehension ge you git)

I read that as your sister was your brother's future wife!

lol

You can often misread anything depending on how its phrased. My sentence, other than the 'r' I left out in 'brother' is appropriate English Global. You could just as easily say the brother's future wife is 'a mate', or 'his 30 something work mate' is sometimes his sister. I think you're exceeding pedantry my friend. I think the comma sufficiently separates the items. Without the comma you would have a point

You can often misread anything depending on how its phrased. My sentence, other than the 'r' I left out in 'brother' is appropriate English Global. You could just as easily say the brother's future wife is 'a mate', or 'his 30 something work mate' is sometimes his sister. I think you're exceeding pedantry my friend. I think the comma sufficiently separates the items. Without the comma you would have a point

lol. Which is also why I put in brackets (comprehension) - no irony intended.

Without a comma... you're saying we'd have a fullstop? (point...get it...!) lol I'm so funny.

Anyway, there was no pedantry nor colons, semi or otherwise, intended. Nintendo

edit: Just to clarify.... I didn't think your brother married your sister either.

Hopefully,that,clears,things,up.

lol. Which is also why I put in brackets (comprehension) - no irony intended.

Without a comma... you're saying we'd have a fullstop? (point...get it...!) lol I'm so funny.

Anyway, there was no pedantry nor colons, semi or otherwise, intended. Nintendo

edit: Just to clarify.... I didn't think your brother married your sister either.

Hopefully,that,clears,things,up.

No. He is married with three lovely children, now adults and married themselves...but not to each other. In fact he is a regular on this forum. I wonder who he could be...oops forgot the question mark

Last edited:
Back in the day we'd go to the league's club early for a big brekkie and some cheap schooner's before flegg started.
was playing the pokies and noticed the bloke next to me drinking schooner's quicker than me and chain smoking whilst throwing 50 after 50 in.
I looked up to say something to him and it was god himself about half an hour before flegg kick off.

Powered by ForumApps

Not so much an anecdote ... but a nice story.

My son, Dopey, rang me last night and told me he got a tattoo ....... well after 10 mins of me picturing a naked rat copulating with a ferret emblazoned across his neck ... and calling him a numbnut he eventually interrupted me to ask "do you want to know what I got" hesitantly I said yes ..

He said, you know that spot at Brookie you always stood at with your dodgey mates every game .... well those memories mean so much to me that I goggle earth zoomed in and I have the Long/Lat coordinates of that exact spot tattooed on my breast ....

Well, I was ...........

My son, Dopey, rang me last night and told me he got a tattoo ....... well after 10 mins of me picturing a naked rat copulating with a ferret emblazoned across his neck ... and calling him a numbnut he eventually interrupted me to ask "do you want to know what I got" hesitantly I said yes ..

He said, you know that spot at Brookie you always stood at with your dodgey mates every game .... well those memories mean so much to me that I goggle earth zoomed in and I have the Long/Lat coordinates of that exact spot tattooed on my breast ....

Well, I was ...........

That's pretty cool.

That's pretty cool.
Isn't it, and it has the added advantage of being versatile .... while out on the hunt, I am certain at some point when a girl asks what's that the story with that ... it will change into all manner of BS ... like that is the location of the beach where I saved Margo Robbie from a shark attack etc etc ...

PSS Said he got the idea from some English soccer mate who has the coordinates of Old Trafford tattooed on his arm.

Isn't it, and it has the added advantage of being versatile .... while out on the hunt, I am certain at some point when a girl asks what's that the story with that ... it will change into all manner of BS ... like that is the location of the beach where I saved Margo Robbie from a shark attack etc etc ...

Hmmm, with that in mind...you should check up on those co-ordinates with google maps!

@manly al (there is a story about Phil Lowe and his handling in here) .... and newer members ... if you haven't read this thread, the off season is a good time ... some good yarns from our members ... and please add to them ... some need to be recorded for prosperity .....

But remember ... nothing abusive or libellous ...

Cheers Woodsie .. (proudly dodging salads since 1953)

I love the “ proudly dodging salads since 1953”!!!

I actually quite like a bit of salad , beside a nice thick Rib Eye on the bone and a big Potato with sour cream.

Come to think of it, with a nice bottle of Red to go with it!!

Which is no doubt why I look like I’ve been dodging salads since 1955.

Well, I was ...........

Wow, that's a great story.
Some on here know my No1 daughter from the MWTS group over the years. She is 21 now! Unfortunately she is not in great health. (not life threatening), but it has had a significant impact on the family. The thing is, in all her Manly upbringing, I have failed in the most important ritual of all. Going to Brookie. She's never been.She's heard all my stories adnauseum about being there as a pup.
So my challenge for next year, is to get her down there, then find the nearest tattoo parlor and follow in your sons footsteps @Woodsie . I know she will not be up for a tat, but getting one with the Brookie Hill co-ordinates while she's with me would be awesome.:h:

Some on here know my No1 daughter from the MWTS group over the years. She is 21 now! Unfortunately she is not in great health. (not life threatening), but it has had a significant impact on the family. The thing is, in all her Manly upbringing, I have failed in the most important ritual of all. Going to Brookie. She's never been.She's heard all my stories adnauseum about being there as a pup.
So my challenge for next year, is to get her down there, then find the nearest tattoo parlor and follow in your sons footsteps @Woodsie . I know she will not be up for a tat, but getting one with the Brookie Hill co-ordinates while she's with me would be awesome.:h:

Good luck pal .... amazing how when it involves the ones you love ... simple gestures can mean so much ....

Best wishes to you and your daughter and keep us informed ... cheers

Get her these healing (temporary ) Manly tattoos

https://m.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m4084.l1313&_nkw=Manly+Warringah+Sea+Eagles+Nrl+Temporary+Tattoo+Sheet

Speedy recovery :inlove:

Jeez mate hope it’s none too serious !!

Not Manly related... but worthy!

My parents used to head to Oran Park raceway a lot and enjoy the touring cars etc, and they eventually banned alcohol.. so of course they smuggled in a heap of beer for the day and drank whilst the cops tried to keep an eye on the crowd (failing miserably!)

It was a STINKING hot day and the police were wearing their heavy serge uniforms and all sweating like a pedo at a wiggles concert, so my old man took some pity and walked up to an older sergeant who was dripping wet and red faced and cracked a can of Tooth’s for him and offered it him.

The old sergeant battled manfully with his duty and with the fact that a cold beer would be BEAUTIFUL... for about half a second... then gratefully grabs the cab and emptied in even less time lol...

As the afternoon passed, the police then rotated their team one by one past the group my parents were in and drank about a slab and half between them.. everyone had a great time and nobody got locked up!!

Easy. Prosterity. You had it the first time. Keep it in your note book for posterity's sake
Well that reminds me I need to get a check up soon... waiting until it warms up because a cold finger in the butt ain’t no fun at all @:D@:D

Well, I was ...........

This would have to the one of the best threads ever on Silvertails and that is a great little story.

I have a darling 7 year old daughter and whenever we go grocery shopping she would pick out a bunch of bananas and my favourite drink for me. The thing is I don’t ask her to and I don’t necessarily intend on buying these items but I feel chuffed whenever she does it. So I can imagine how the meaning of that tat makes you feel.

I also liked the dry sense of humour that was common with rugby league identities back in the day. We need more of it nowadays.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8