Andrew Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Corso_Pete

Bencher
Premium Member
I watched a programm on SBS last night, I think it was called the 2 of us which featured Andrew Walker and his wife.

He discussed his problems with alchol and living in the city. It did not go into the cocaine issue. He came across as a very strong family man without an absolute rock of a wife. Without her I doubt he would have risen to any of the heights he did.

It was an entertaining 30 minutes but there was so much more it could have gone into. It did highlight that for ex footballers life after the game and adulation of being a "star" has its problems, certainly for players like Walker who were living a life that was not what he would have preffered being away from his home and family.

There was an article on him in the paper yesterday as well. It went into how family impacts on an aboriginal's life and when the rels all came to spend time with him he could not turn them away due to culture - leading to problems in some situations.

I was cleaning up videos the other day and came across a copy of the Macqueen years - had several cuts of Walker playing Rugby and it reminded me what a gifted player he was.

I agree that is wife is a legend and he is very lucky to have someone like her. Commitment to her man is unbelievable in this age of pick and choose as you like that we live in.

Yeah, i caught most of it. You could easily tell that Walker misses the footy a great deal. Im sure he regrets a few decisions over the years.

Agree totally about his wife. They are both lucky to have each other now.

Worth noting that his two year ban finishes this weekend and he has signed to play with a Rugby Team in France. He should do well over there and probably not too many rels to come and look for a free night of booze and fun!! Good luck to him.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2