Andrew Davey from the Eels ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Have seen a few games,good defender and willing with the ball,not really creative.Not as good as Olaka'atu but as good as Thompson/Sironen and Gosiewski on less money,played well off the bench.
The sort of signing you need if you are looking to strengthen your top 17 and need cheaper depth that can step up and contribute.Actually pretty good at winning the point of contact.

Wow, massive disrespect to Thompson and Sirro imo

To be fair thompson and siro have been invisible this year. Siro has to prove himself early next season otherwise i'd move him to the bench and put him on the transfer list

I like this davey signing. May only be depth but as shown tonight he is versatile and offloads. Finally we are cutting back the size of our forward pack. He may not be a starter but he seems to compete

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair thompson and siro have been invisible this year. Siro has to prove himself early next season otherwise i'd move him to the bench and put him on the transfer list

I like this davey signing. May only be depth but as shown tonight he is versatile and offloads. Finally we are cutting back the size of our forward pack. He may not be a starter but he seems to compete
He only needs to pass it once to a player outside him or not step back infield off his right foot,to be ahead of Sironen this season

You have to have them in your squad ( unless you’re the Roosters ).
it ain't necessarily so in regards to your rooster theory

You can choose the right back up players that have potential to improve and give you great value

and you can choose back up players that can only perform to back up standards and nothing more

The moral of the story ...
Its getting value for your money in a tight cap

How bad was the defence in that highlights video?
Its NSW Cup bro.

Always tickles my whiskers watching people gush on a 2-min highlight reel from NSW Cup.

Perspective.

It feeds the expectation problems we have where one day they are the next big thing after a 3-min NSW Cup vid and maybe 1-2 good showings, then ready for the scrap heap after 2-3 average games thereafter.

Fickle bunch these silvertails. Watch the A.Hoppa highlights vid - looks like a fully grown man bullying schoolkids. Hardly an accurate depiction - but I admit....I enjoyed watching it :)

• 🏆
Reactions: Adz
Happy to take him on bargain coin.
Hopefully we sign a good 1st grader like Garner or someone for 2row if we just sign Davey. Gosiewski probably on his way out to bulldogs... think Gosiewski is pretty overrated anyways. Rates himself too. Parker should fill Gosiewski's role as 2row/centre cover for next year.

I'm sick of hearing this furphy.
We have plenty of second rower depth: Tenterfield, Sippers, T-Rex...
DESpicable never picked them.
Good point. Some of those guys deserved a better shot this year

Is anyone.....truly.....surprised we didn't use T-Rex though?

Des strikes me as loyalty guy. Signing T-Rex to begin with, and then persisting with the same team in the critical period of the season, when changes seemed the most viable, shows this. Last year it paid off. This year, not so much.

Face it, repay that loyalty with effort or you get 'The 2020 Purge', you get T-Rex on the sidelines the whole season, you get the broom through the Barrett-era. Not that it isn't warranted - we are a club that demands/expects results, else Union would have sunk us for good in the Northern Eagles era.

I may not agree with why Des chose not to blood youngsters earlier - but I understand why it might have been necessary - to show that loyalty. The team overachieved last year - lets not deny it. Des legit turned a 15th-placed team into a top-8 team - almost the same team, missing players that would kill most teams. Lightning didn't strike twice this year, and some players just couldn't reproduce - those players are being shed right now, or being left to 'explore their options'.

If someone builds their brand on loyalty to get the best out of players, then chopping and changing every week on a knee-jerk whim of single-game poor-performance would expose Des as a hypocrit - buy into my Kool-Aid, show me loyalty, and in return i'll cut you when you drop your game one week? - how did that chop/change/dump strategy work out for the Tigers/Michael Maguire this year? Almost had a full-blown player revolt.

Fact is, regardless of this perceived loyalty, how Des responds to under-achieving is evident right now - no-one can deny the dead wood is being thrown into the fire right now.

So yeah - I back Des back-filling our depth, rather than having to rely on mediocre players Barrett selected, that Des has to super-motivate just to compete.

Make of that as you will.

No probs...if you watched tonights game then I would be surprised if you disagreed with me...sad world if disrespect meant being being honest with someone

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4