And they say Manly Whinge???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Manly has lost MANY superstars since I have followed them in the 1980's & the NRL has done very little to HELP them stay....other clubs are always crying for compensation or a twist in the system to keep players in the game or at their club ect, well its BS as far as I am concerned!!
Sure its not great losing a player like Burgess to the enemy, but if he wants to go to Yawnion, like Marshall, too bad!!
Personally find it ridiculous players like G or B Stewart can be courted by opposition clubs & the story is about Manly struggling to keep its star players, wheres the old cliche about long serving players getting help to stay at the 1 club due to long service, most seemed to leave that factor out of the report.
Very little to do with compensation , in fact, many Seaeagles have taken pay cuts to allow the team to stay united... thats how its done if you genuinely want to keep the club together, no crying about changing rules or handouts.
Teams like Melbourne & Souths seem to get looked upon with compassion when to me, they are NO more important than ANY other NRL teams & deserve NO sympathy at all....fancy changing SOO so Burgess stays....not convinced if Matai or Foran got snapped up by Rugby Yawnion their would be uproar they would have stayed if they could play SOO & to me both would be straight into that arena.
Tbh if they defected its their decision & though it would be dissappointing, theres ALWAYS new talent to step up to the plate who WANT to be there.

Manly can whinge if we want to.
In fact I can scarcely recall the last big match we lost simply on merit... maybe one of those GFs against the Eels in the early 80's?
Ridiculous!

maxta said:
Manly has lost MANY superstars since I have followed them in the 1980's & the NRL has done very little to HELP them stay....other clubs are always crying for compensation or a twist in the system to keep players in the game or at their club ect, well its BS as far as I am concerned!!
Sure its not great losing a player like Burgess to the enemy, but if he wants to go to Yawnion, like Marshall, too bad!!
Personally find it ridiculous players like G or B Stewart can be courted by opposition clubs & the story is about Manly struggling to keep its star players, wheres the old cliche about long serving players getting help to stay at the 1 club due to long service, most seemed to leave that factor out of the report.
Very little to do with compensation , in fact, many Seaeagles have taken pay cuts to allow the team to stay united... thats how its done if you genuinely want to keep the club together, no crying about changing rules or handouts.
Teams like Melbourne & Souths seem to get looked upon with compassion when to me, they are NO more important than ANY other NRL teams & deserve NO sympathy at all....fancy changing SOO so Burgess stays....not convinced if Matai or Foran got snapped up by Rugby Yawnion their would be uproar they would have stayed if they could play SOO & to me both would be straight into that arena.
Tbh if they defected its their decision & though it would be dissappointing, theres ALWAYS new talent to step up to the plate who WANT to be there.

Maxta abs--bl**dy--lutely. When we had to lose Steve Menzies did anyone give a rats? No it was more like 'oh well seeya, don't let the door hit your bum on the way out'. Was there an uproar that we need to change the salary cap to keep a player that had been playing for Manly for 15/16 years??? Nope. But Sam Burgess or SBW go and we want to change the rules?

Someone in another thread wrote about Sam being a good villain and good to have, completely agree. I like having these types, and the fact he plays for souths makes him even more dislikeable.

I have never seen a code that just wants to change rules constantly, mid season, mid... I mean what's next? We'll be in the middle of a game and they'll decide to change the rules. You can just see it can't you? A superstar gets injured and they've run out of interchange so the NRL will say 'no they need to have another player go on'.

I know I'm ranting a bit here, but the NRL needs to look after the interests of the game, not just the interests of the powerful few.

It's my footy and I'll whinge if I want to. (Sorry just listened to the best RL songs and I've got a tune or two running through my brain.)

On a serious note - it's the fact that Manly are so professional and so good that other team's supporters hate us. (Which I like by the way.)

Sometimes we make the mistake of expecting other groups to be as good and as professional as Manly. They aren't and can never be.

It's the old 'tall poppy syndrome" anyone or group who is successful in anything in Oz is pilloried.

Every time Manly rises against adversity and wins (even last year's grand final in my mind was really a moral win given the circumstances) I just swell up with pride for THAT'S MY TEAM - MANLY.

Let other teams whinge and carry on about how rules should be changed etc. Who cares, Manly will just keep going through all adversity and in most cases win and often win well.

So don't worry about it. It's all good. My mighty Sea Eagles are the professionals that the others would like to be. It is a pity that other teams and the administrators cannot live up to the professionalism that Many continues to show. :D

I suppose that's why everyone hates us. They secretly admire us and want to support our team but can't bring themselves to do it.

That is why I have often said there are two types of Manly supporters. Those who are and those who want to be. :cool:

But remember one thing GO MANLY!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8