• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why did the Raiders let such a promising young half go?

They reluctantly let him go, the quotes following around at the time were, "Manly's offer was too good to refuse." They were a top 4 team when he left and obviously the opportunities weren't there. In saying that, they didn't kick him out.

Why did Kimmorley leave Newcastle? Why did Orford leave Sydney? Opportunity...

if you are so keen to talk facts c eagle.the fact is that matt elliot and terry matterson did not rate him one little bit and couldnt care less where he went.every league journalist would confirm the same..i was at the afl grand final with 2 raiders and they said he was never even considered as an option.that is not a criticism of him as he has improved a lot as a player.it is just a statement of fact.

also i have answered that standing up question 50 times

Q.WHEN HAS HE NOT STOOD UP?

A.Every single time we have played virtually anyone away including some horror floggings and capitulations.
Every single time we have played top teams at home with the exception of melbourne and maybe saints last year.

AND FINALLY I NEED THE ANSWER TO THE REAL QUESTION?

WHY IS EVERYONE SO WORRIED EVERY TIME WE LEAVE BROOKVALE WITH OUR GUN HALFBACK WHEN WE HAVE PROBABLY 4 ORIGIN FORWARDS(more than any other side) AND 2 CITY FORWARDS ?

HOW MANY MORE ORIGIN FORWARDS,BAD OPTIONS UNDER REAL PRESSURE AND PATHETIC WHINES AT THE REF DO WE NEED BEFORE SOMEONE WORKS IT ALL OUT?

AND ONE CENTRE AINT GOING TO FIX IT.

also i have answered that standing up question 50 times

Q.WHEN HAS HE NOT STOOD UP?

A.Every single time we have played virtually anyone away including some horror floggings and capitulations.
Every single time we have played top teams at home with the exception of melbourne and maybe saints last year.

AND FINALLY I NEED THE ANSWER TO THE REAL QUESTION?

WHY IS EVERYONE SO WORRIED EVERY TIME WE LEAVE BROOKVALE WITH OUR GUN HALFBACK WHEN WE HAVE PROBABLY 4 ORIGIN FORWARDS(more than any other side) AND 2 CITY FORWARDS ?

HOW MANY MORE ORIGIN FORWARDS,BAD OPTIONS UNDER REAL PRESSURE AND PATHETIC WHINES AT THE REF DO WE NEED BEFORE SOMEONE WORKS IT ALL OUT?

AND ONE CENTRE AINT GOING TO FIX IT.

During the Northern Eagles days, we had Menzies, O'Meley, Muir, Kosef, Gartner(?), Stringer. Plenty of name power but not much substance. I'm not saying that our forward pack hasn't been great this year, because they have, but whenever we've lost (only twice ffs,) our forwards were dominated. How can a halfback, even one as experienced as Taylor or as highly rated as Kimmorley, do anything positive if they aren't on the back of serious momentum.

And the half back does not contribute to that forward momentum?

Astute kicking game would help?
Barking orders at the forwards (aka Ricky Stuart) would help?

Reality was, Monaghan was completely silent in the 1st half of the Broncos game and it showed. Witt had to start the talk going in the second half.

And the half back does not contribute to that forward momentum?

Astute kicking game would help?
Barking orders at the forwards (aka Ricky Stuart) would help?

Reality was, Monaghan was completely silent in the 1st half of the Broncos game and it showed. Witt had to start the talk going in the second half.

Astute kicking is a much much harder task when your forwards aren't going forward. Have you ever played halfback? You're at the mercy of your forwards 90% of the time, you can't kick the ball with great precision when you're on your own 30 metre line.

Yeh, you've gotta be the organiser but barking at your forwards only gets them 1/10th of the way, you can have a megaphone in their face, if they aren't doing the job, they aren't doing the job.

We only had the ball for 30 percent of the time in the first half, it's not even a valid example. Did Monaghan drop the ball? Did Monaghan give away penalty's and did he let in tries with 1 on 1 misses? No on all counts..

C you're on fire........I agree with most of you're points.

I don't see the point on bringing up why Monas left Canberra. A stupid argument imo.

Judge Monas on what he's done at Manly.............He has excelled for a so called "second rate" half back.

even the wowsers wuld have to agree with that.

I agree he's had a FEW bad games but he is generally our best player. He sets up plenty of tries and is doing a good job as skipper.

Keep up the good work C_eagle :clap:

Why did the Raiders let such a promising young half go?
Incorrect. They made no effort to keep him, which is interesting given the halfback woes they've endured in recent seasons.

- Why condemn Monaghan for a stupid decision that Canberra made.

- They have let go of plenty of talent before. Even there current halfback was thrown to the 'useless' heap by the club, until they realised a couple of years later that he might have been a good option. How about our two major purchases in the off season, Kennedy and Kite........... don't tell me that Canberra let them go as well.

Only a fool would overlook what Monaghan has done at Manly, and rely on a poor decision made by Canberra.

sue continually says that Monaghan should be excelling due to our 'amazing' forwards, and that Orford is awsome because he is behind a useless pack.

I didn't realise that Robbie Kearns hadn't played for Australia, Ryan Hoffman hadn't been tipped to play origin and that David Kidwell hadn't played for New Zealand on several occasions.

Not to mention the fact that the basis on which Melbourne slaughtered Brisbane was there go forward, yet they lost to us because our forwards got on top of them. Furthermore, our forwards got hammered by an in form Broncos side, and we lost.

You cannot judge a Monaghan/Orford battle simply on either the game at Brooky OR the Bronco games. IMO both are excellent halfbacks, Orford is the better player, but he also has an extra 4 years and 60 games experience.

Monas is at the beginning of his career, he has an outstanding record as captain despite the poor team we were serving up last year almost a million dollars under the salary cap. Not only that but he fell in the top ten for Dally M's whilst missing half the season, AND has lead the team to the top of the table.

He is on his way to being a top flight halfback, and to even attempt to compare him and Orford is way out of line. Different positions in the club, different times in their careers and I personally don't think Orford would be much scratch playing in a poor performing club unlike Monaghan.

My final point....... Canberra didn't want Monaghan? Wasn't it a particular club that chose NOT to hand Matt Orford the number 7 jersey a few years back and let him go?

Well he must be terrible then if he wasn't wanted at a club's number 7.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4