An Idea For Next Year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
We all know how quiet The Manly crowd are right? If I got permission, would any of you be keen on joining me in this?

I muck around on drums at home, and have 2 drum kits. If we went with a group of about 6-7 to each home game next year, would each of you like to carry a drum section, and I'll buy the bass drum sticks with a cloth end to make a deep but loud sound (so it's not annoying).

I already have the cow bell for Steven Bell - and a great drumstick for that already.

The sound actually becomes quite intimidating. How good would it be to start up the drums as an opposition player is trying to line up a conversion....LoL.

It would also fire up the crowd...

What do you guys think?

Sorry - have to add - you all play your own peice of the kit you bring. We don't set the thing up or anything.

That way, all 7 or so pieces are being played at once.

personally it would annoy the hell out of me. IMO I dont think it would inspire the players at all.

would be good for the manl clap clap clap calls

Garts - we wouldn't be like the Indinas at the cricket dude. Like Danners said, it would be:-

01. When we all go Manly - clap, clap, clap, and hopefully it will continue a bit of momentum. Manly crowds average about three, and it's done ordinarily.

02. The person with the cow bell whenever Steven gets a touch in attack. We have to make him feel like he's at home.

03. When opposition players are going for conversions..

I don't know why, but the Manly crowds are always the most subdued and quiet. I think noise "annoys" everyone there. It just doesn't creat an exciting atmosphere, and I think this would add to it.

The drums didn't help the Warriors earlier in their existence. Maybe Manly might be different.

You're more likely to have a Warringah Council ranger after you with a noise abatement order :)

Dont get me wrong Ryan I love the chants etc, I dont hate noise all together!!! I have been told to shut up by some fans at the game for cheering loudly etc but the drums I just dont think add anything.

maybe as you and Dan said if beaten with a chant it would not be annoying but just the drums on there own would annoy me, especially if I was right in front of them!!!

when the brookie crowd fires it is one of the best atmospheres in the game. Its just getting them to fire which is the hard part

It would annoy me if it went all game like the bulldogs game, it was giving me a headache

You are right Daniel,the atmosphere at Brookie when it get's going is second to none.It is a real rush,but we are a more subdued crowd than other team's fans.I dont think i could handle drums going during the game.I used to hate going to Penrith when they had Rodney O there doing the announcing and playing Thunderstruck whenever the Panther's were attacking the tryline.For me there is nothing better than Brookvale Oval packed and cheering on the boy's.I cant wait till next season.

in brazil,2 weeks before the world cup starts,the locals beat drums in the lead up and during the event

Me and a mate were doing that for the late part of this year, bongos & cowbell. Annoys sh1t out of people which is a good thing as all those beaches softies need to fire up. The more the merrier !

Great idea, ive told family and friends about that after spending some time watching soccor in europe. unfortunatly i wont be getting to manly games this yeah due to changes in the office. but good luck with that. i hope you get support!

This is the same drums and horn that were complained about on another forum by another group of manly fans who wish to watch in peace and quiet it seems

I remember the band at North Sydney oval. Sure as hell was annoying as a Manly supporter, but the North supporters loved it. When the band is backing your team not too many people mind. The poms had a bugler at the cricket which really added to the atmosphere. Go for it I say.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4