An awfully long shot but, help me find my wedding ring

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi All.

I have started a facebook group to see if I can find my wedding ring, I lost it last week in the City and this is my last hope of ever finding it. So can you please add yourselves to this group and then pass it on to your friends and see if I can be reunited with it?

http://www.facebook.com/groups/333058870122309/

I lost my wedding ring (male) between spring street and the escalators at Wynyard in Sydney on Thursday 23 of August 2012 and I am hoping that through social media, I may be able to be reunited with it. We were visiting Sydney for the week.

In the rain I ran with my 15 month old daughter in my arms from the corner of Spring St& Gresham st, up through Bond st and through the Met centre.

In Bond street I struggled to open my jacket and get my daughter underneath it to keep her warm and safe from the rain, during this struggle is when I believe my ring most likely fell off, though it, may have came off when I stopped at the entrance to the Met Centre to dry my daughter off and wait for my wife to catch up. I noticed my ring gone as I got to the bottom of the escalators in Wynyard station a
nd noticed my finger was sore, by the time I back tracked and checked it was gone.

I am hoping that social media may help me to connect with enough people in Sydney that eventually the person that found it may be found and that perhaps I may be able to get it back.

So people of Sydney, please add your friends and see if I can find it. The ring is gold and the two outer edges are raised, it does not have any engraving or anything on it.

Cheers
Dan

Good luck dude.
Could be worse.
A mate if mine lost his whilst fishing out in Nhulunbuy. No chance of diving in those waters to look for it.

as nice as it would be to get it back remember the ring is just a physical representation of the thought, its the thought that counts and the ring can be replaced.

Gutted for you Daniel :( I walk that exact path to and from my office every day and I haven't noticed any signs up or anything, but I will stop in at a few shops along the way this afternoon and enquire if anyone has handed in your ring.

thank you. guys.
I don't hold out much hope I walked back within minutes of losing it and it was already gone.

I am back in Hervey Bay now, so there is no real hope of me checking in at the shops etc, would be a nice thought to find it.

Had I been in the city longer I would have put up my own signs but couldn't manage it.

Think I need to change the facebook group to a page so it can spread without interaction from approving requests

Man that sucks, hope someone turns it in.

"Honey I went to the big city and just happened to lose my wedding ring (in some bar)!"

Uh oh.

haha she was with me when I lost it, so there is no dramas along that front

Without wanting to sound like captain obvious have you called Wynyard Station?

Their lost property (cityrail) dept isn't bad, and someone may have handed it in. They found my grandma's (spare) false teeth once.

Also, they may have a contact for the escalator company.

Without wanting to sound like captain obvious have you called Wynyard Station?

Their lost property (cityrail) dept isn't bad, and someone may have handed it in. They found my grandma's (spare) false teeth once.

Also, they may have a contact for the escalator company.

I dont know that it was lost there though, it was more likely lost in Bond St or at the Met centre. I might give them a go though

I dont know that it was lost there though, it was more likely lost in Bond St or at the Met centre. I might give them a go though

Will try Gum tree, cheers

I just rang city rail and met centre and none were handed in :(

I lost mine once too. Its not good. We got another remade to match it 6 months later. I think mine fell out of my pocket in a chinese bakery at sunnybank. I had taken it off to wash the car

Good luck, and nice stuff keeping your girl warm and dry like that.

So ......

Your wife's single then?

*today's inappropriate joke brought to you by the melb storm. Bad joke, bad team. Now back to normal broadcasting.

Daniel said:
thank you. guys.
I don't hold out much hope I walked back within minutes of losing it and it was already gone.

Have you tried City Rails Lost Propert?
The Metcentre I believe belongs to them.
www.cityrail.info/contact_us/lost_property

Although in that weather, it could have washed down in the drain.
www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/

Your child's welfare is worth more than the sentimental gold ring :angel:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7