Am I the only one

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cambo, I felt the same. I've been trying to put my finger on it. What I have come up with is one of 2 things:

1) it was an anti-climax of an end to the season. Usually we'd be the underdogs. However, due to the other teams dropping like flies it was a pretty dull end to the season. Nothing against the Warriors but I would have been more excited about a game against the Tigers or Dragons because we needed to get revenge on both of these teams for games during the season.

2)the fact that, once Melbourne were out, the title SHOULD be ours. I was scared there that we'd have another 1997 episode but it didn't eventuate and we were all relieved.

Unlike 08 though, our celebrations have turned into more, "right we've won it, now for 2012". However, we have to wait 6 months :(

It's good to know I am not the only one that feels different about this victory.

Don't discount the Beaver factor when it came to 08 either. The lets win it for him played a big role in our emotions and was a driving force behind the team as well. We were all feeling great in the second half of that game but after he scored I've never hugged so many random people in all my life. (nb thanks to the blonde in the maroon singlet for the jumping hug, that mammary will last a life time! ;)

Masked Eagle said:
Don't discount the Beaver factor when it came to 08 either. The lets win it for him played a big role in our emotions and was a driving force behind the team as well. We were all feeling great in the second half of that game but after he scored I've never hugged so many random people in all my life. (nb thanks to the blonde in the maroon singlet for the jumping hug, that mammary will last a life time! ;)

True, we were staying at my folks house so there was no beaver factor at all for me

08 was brilliant the way the club systematically got its house in order from the depths of 2002-2003 (I don't count 2004 as being in the depths because the end of that season showed there was encouraging movements up in terms of pride and performance) and pretty much obliterated everyone.

This year it seemed that the main challengers seemed intent on beating each other and Manly somehow slipped through. I'm not saying we didn't beat easy beats but we were lucky to draw the Cowboys week one. Get the week off, then face a Locky-less Broncs and then we always had the Warriors covered in the GF.

In saying that, we were the only team not to slump during the season. Melbourne were cactus in the end, Brisbane struggled at times, Drags were gonesky, Tigers were disinterested for half the season. There is no denying the mighty sea eagles from this premiership. We had the better alround team and Dessy had them primed. Our depth looks good. The only thing stopping us from featuring again in 2012 is internal issues. Manly are always good at stuffing up potential dynasties by disruptions in the internal politics. MESSAGE TO THE BOARD: DON'T F$%K THIS UP.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6