Always good for a laugh

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
The silvertails board after a loss!

I've been visiting this site for years and i keep thinking that people are going to realise that an off day isn't the end of the world.

but again, we have a loss and all of a sudden DCE has second year syndrome, Ballin isn't good enough etc etc etc.

Its absolutely hilarious

Penrith played really well today, great completion rate and really enthusiastic.

Probably helped that we were missing 3 internationals and a SOO player and had 3 backing up, but hey, no excuses,

We are still looking good imo and we will take alot away from this match.

So cheer up all you negative nancy's, we are fine

SHUT UP ITS AWFUL - AND NOW I AM STUCK WATCHING EURO VISION. THE WORLD IS ENDING ARE YOU BLIND!!!!

Apart from that - completely agree, also love watching the pathetic trolls (you know who you are) jumping in and throwing fuel on the fire. For an even better laugh go onto the telecrap site and read the comments, not from our supporters more the cave dwelling dragoon supporters (they get more joy from our loss than their victory)

OneEyedEagle said:
PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
I feel sorry for saints friday night.

My wish just might come true and the slime will finish with the wooden spoon, now that would be GOLD.
Things could be a lot worse. Imagine being a Parra supporter. Every match day is Groundhog Day. Loss after loss after loss away to infinity. There is a hell and it's painted blue and gold.

I thought our 1st half performance had a lot of positives. Our 2nd half performance was poor, especially our kick defending but you get that sometimes. I think the 80 minute efforts against the Titans & the Eels was worse.

Disco said:
The silvertails board after a loss!

I've been visiting this site for years and i keep thinking that people are going to realise that an off day isn't the end of the world.

but again, we have a loss and all of a sudden DCE has second year syndrome, Ballin isn't good enough etc etc etc.

Its absolutely hilarious

Penrith played really well today, great completion rate and really enthusiastic.

Probably helped that we were missing 3 internationals and a SOO player and had 3 backing up, but hey, no excuses,

We are still looking good imo and we will take alot away from this match.

So cheer up all you negative nancy's, we are fine

Even a cursory review of our performances will highlight that notwithstanding the impact of injuries and suspensions, there are serious structural problems with the team this year.

Our defensive structure has changed and not for the better. They are standing back and waiting with a compressed defence, inviting teams to simply go around us. The really scary thing is that for the most part they have declined that invitation and simply gone straight up through the middle to great effect. Yesterday for example Penrith marched upfield through the middle making 50-60 metres every set.

Our forwards are simply not bending the defensive line with their hitups, resulting in very poor attacking options. Our kicking game is a shadow of last year and our 5th tackle options have been poor all season. Oppositions have now learnt that if they simply rush up on DCE he will throw a dummy and run, rarely with success.

We need to fix the defensive pattern and drop Kite to the bench. It will also help if we could get a full strength team on the paddock for once. Our props are old, pure & simple. Kite, King & big Joe are all heading for the finish line on their career and it shows.

Apart from all of that, yeah your right, we're travelling great (TIC).

I never said we are going great, i said we are still looking good.

Obviously we have area's of improvement but name me a team that doesn't.

The fact of the matter is last week every thread was boasting how great we are and that we are on course for B2B and that players like Harrison and L Foran would start at any other club etc etc etc

Now this weeks we are atrocious, Ballin isn't good enough, we dont have committment and we will go nowhere near B2B?

I mean surely you can all see the absurdity in the juxtaposition of the two?

The truth is, we are somewhere in the middle of the two extemes. We have a first year coach and have had massive amounts of players missing. Its hard to build structure when you are chopping and changing sides each week. Our backup players are great, but they are backup players. I personally dont see L Foran, Harrison, Mauro etc becoming vital cogs in our team moving forward.

We will be in the running at the end of the year. Will we win it?.........maybe.......maybe not, its far to early to tell.

But will i be jumping up and down and chucking a tanty because we got done by a Panthers side that played at its best...........i dont think so!

I'm not chucking a tanti, I am pointing out the weaknesses in our game. I've said it before, this is all too familiar, it's just like 2009 all over again. We have injuries and distractions and our form is all over the place. Hasler wasn't able to stop it once it set in and I have serious doubts about Tooves being able to steady the ship.

If anyone here doubts that we are defending differently to last year, just do as I did on the weekend, watch last years GF and have a look at the difference. It's startling if you watch the GF and then any of this years games in succession.

Ralphie said:
I'm not chucking a tanti, I am pointing out the weaknesses in our game. I've said it before, this is all too familiar, it's just like 2009 all over again. We have injuries and distractions and our form is all over the place. Hasler wasn't able to stop it once it set in and I have serious doubts about Tooves being able to steady the ship.

If anyone here doubts that we are defending differently to last year, just do as I did on the weekend, watch last years GF and have a look at the difference. It's startling if you watch the GF and then any of this years games in succession.

Our defence hasnt been to our usual standards, but hasn't been terrible either. I think it's due to having so many players out and team changing every week.

Once we get players back, and a settled team I think ul find our defence improve dramatically.

In the forwards yesterday highlighted how much work Jason king does and he was missed.

I agree with the original. I'm lost that people who own Tv's and can read well enough to post havn't yet got that NO team always win, No team always win the GF or even figure in them. Supporting a team is about having ups and DOWNS. Enjoy the ups and accept the downs as they are a certainty

The team lost and will have to face their own demons and standards they set as a group. The fans have to accept that, and accept that whingeing and whining loss after loss is a reflection of themselves and not the team

Do some supporters bet heavily on the outcome maybe and spit the dummy when they eat **** twice as a result, or do the mouth off too much at work and have to accept the fallout on Mondays. I really don't get why it ranks with Armageddon after a loss

I thought Tim Grant played well enough to be an origin contender

Basically it's going to be one of these seasons that we won't have all our players back at any one time.

So there should be no excuse for poor attitude in defence.

jbb/james, Tim Grant is a talented, very mobile big guy. He certainly should be in the NSW side. Basically Penrith played over the top of us and deserved their win. We'll bounce back at Brookie on Friday night. Pity about Matai, but Whare getting in closer might be a good thing.

IMO Woods is next in line then i'd have Grant

Shame Grant got injured for those few weeks tho, otherwise he could have been a walkup start

I can't see Tamou missing to much time for that. Would have loved to see him flog benji in a blu though.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2