Aloiai a Massive Loss

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Let it be Garrick then...
The end result would be Suli to centre, Harper to wing... not good. I would MUCH prefer Funa taking Suli's spot as he covers centre and wing far better and Suli could not possibly be a forwards option.
He is lazy enough when he has match conditioning...he will be a fitness and workload disaster coming straight back from injury.

I can't see him being in the 17.

Yep we now have a very young dynamic pack. Yes we are short of experience (pretty much the whole pack). They have size and enthusiasm on their side though. They will do more then hold their own this week. Lets not write them off until the game is over though...
For this week, yes I've no doubt. But (as is widely accepted) the problem for young players coming into NRL is not getting up for one big effort, it is being able to keep turning up and performing at a high level. Week after week after week. All our young guys are quality but we urgently need some experience back to hold it all together.

If Marty has ongoing problems with the concussion injury then we are suddenly looking very vulnerable, IMO.

No doubt that Alioia will be missed , one of the most consistent forwards to date and a tough nut as well . Saddler has had his taste of a higher level of footy in the Indigenous - Maori hit out , think that he can settle into an effective and willing role and make his presence felt . interesting with Suli , maybe some back row play for him is on the cards , can 't see why he can not adapt there and always the centre - wing option .

No doubt that Alioia will be missed , one of the most consistent forwards to date and a tough nut as well . Saddler has had his taste of a higher level of footy in the Indigenous - Maori hit out , think that he can settle into an effective and willing role and make his presence felt . interesting with Suli , maybe some back row play for him is on the cards , can't see why he can not adapt there and always the centre - wing option.
Thankfully, the NSW Cup Is back up and running again this season, making it so much easier to bring these kids into first grade. Let's not forget he is only 21 years old, an absolute pup for a prop.

Hopefully, he will have a big game off the bench and do a job for the team. But we will want some experience in the side for magic round against that Broncos pack.

Yes it is a massive loss for us. BUT this pack is still better (on balance) than the one we started the season with. Its a fantastic opportunity for Saddler to step up, and for Keppie to show he can take ownership of a starting prop position. Suli on the bench confuses me a bit BUT I am also hoping that Des has finally worked out he could be a half decent middle/edge option from the bench. Interesting times.
I am guessing Suli on the bench is either a smokescreen and he will drop out of the 17 or he is there purely for some go forward because one thing he is good at is making yards coming out of trouble so maybe they will try him in the backrow rotation to get us going forward. No way without Marty and Aloiai do we go into the game with only two forwards and a back (besides hooker) on the bench.

No doubt that Alioia will be missed , one of the most consistent forwards to date and a tough nut as well . Saddler has had his taste of a higher level of footy in the Indigenous - Maori hit out , think that he can settle into an effective and willing role and make his presence felt . interesting with Suli , maybe some back row play for him is on the cards , can 't see why he can not adapt there and always the centre - wing option .
yes agreed - he either is going into the backrow rotation or he is a smokescreen and will get dropped out of the 17.

What’s the injury mate? Cannot remember many being out that length of time with a hand/wrist injury. Must be complex!
Yeah it’s not healing naturally and it’s got to stage where surgery will be the only intervention to avoid degradation.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6