Aloiai a Massive Loss

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes it is a massive loss for us. BUT this pack is still better (on balance) than the one we started the season with. Its a fantastic opportunity for Saddler to step up, and for Keppie to show he can take ownership of a starting prop position. Suli on the bench confuses me a bit BUT I am also hoping that Des has finally worked out he could be a half decent middle/edge option from the bench. Interesting times.
I’d suggest Suli is there because Harper or Garrick will be ruled out

All very well to say Saddler can step up but we will be very short on experience. We'll need Siro (and even the unfairly maligned Jetski) back as soon as possible.

All very well to say Saddler can step up but we will be very short on experience. We'll need Siro (and even the unfairly maligned Jetski) back as soon as possible.
Yep we now have a very young dynamic pack. Yes we are short of experience (pretty much the whole pack). They have size and enthusiasm on their side though. They will do more then hold their own this week. Lets not write them off until the game is over though. Personally, I am pretty excited to see our pack of the future (minus Croker) given a go.......finally.......

Jetski season over I thought.

Lot said about Saddler so far but IMO this could be a career defining period for big Toff Sipley. He has his shot here for sone solid game time and to show Des he needs to be kept around. I actually still like our starting pack over theirs. But their bench looks quite a bit better. Hopefully it’s a hot Sunday arvo and we see a lot of attack. There’s no way we lose this on Tommy’s big 100!

Big loss 2 props that lead well
Paseka will have to do more minutes
with the rotation of Sipley , Keppie and Sadler

Not really.The rush to sign Lawton was not necessary given he was injured and was hardly getting clubs fighting for his services.The fact his return to the field would be close to the outcome of Fainu’s trial,meant the club could of held off signing him and taking up a spot in the 30.They could of waited til a bit further into the season and seen what exactly the club needed given the injuries they had at the time and subsequently suffered.If Des thought Croker and Cust were enough to play 9 prior to season starting what was the point in signing an injured hooker?
I mean Lawton will be back in about 2 weeks and Fainu 2 months.

Your position would be for us to have held off for this situation to buy a prop rather than play Saddler?

I mean Lawton will be back in about 2 weeks and Fainu 2 months.

Your position would be for us to have held off for this situation to buy a prop rather than play Saddler?
Lawton won’t be playing First Grade in two weeks.Never said anything re Saddler.The team is drastically low on forward depth to the point that a 5/8 is playing second row,a front rower that played second row last week and copped an ear bashing from the coach and didn’t get a single minute in the 2nd half last week,is currently named to start this week and if Harper or Garrick are ruled out this week,fair chance Suli moves into the side and either an outside back moves onto the bench or not as yet ready for first grade BenT.Two back rowers were ruled out long term before Lawton was signed

Lawton won’t be playing First Grade in two weeks.Never said anything re Saddler.The team is drastically low on forward depth to the point that a 5/8 is playing second row,a front rower that played second row last week and copped an ear bashing from the coach and didn’t get a single minute in the 2nd half last week,is currently named to start this week and if Harper or Garrick are ruled out this week,fair chance Suli moves into the side and either an outside back moves onto the bench or not as yet ready for first grade BenT.Two back rowers were ruled out long term before Lawton was signed
Which two backrowers?

Lawton was signed approx 14 March.
Davey went down around the 20th
Gosie about the 10th of April

Which two backrowers?

Lawton was signed approx 14 March.
Davey went down around the 20th
Gosie about the 10th of April
Sironen and Olakau’atu were injured in Rd1 of their respective games and Davey was injured a few days after Lawton’s signing.I got the Davey injury date wrong re timing of Lawton’s signing but at the time,Olakau’atu’s injury was thought to be more serious than it turned out to be.

We are dead set cursed by yet another long term injury to a key player.

Opportunity for Zac Saddler, hope that he takes this chance!
Yep but unlike Turbo Josh can be replaced. As good as he’s been we can cover his absence. It’s a great opportunity for Zac, Toff, kepp n co to really stand up. Marty back next week and maybe siro as well and that will help. Feel for Josh as he’s arguably been our best forward. He’ll come back bigger and better nice and fresh for our finals run

Chance for Paseka to cement himself as the pack leader (of the big boys - we have jake) for the next few years

Hopefully its only 2 months like some thought. Huge loss and really need it all from paseka and marty rest of season

I would use this as a chance to put Jake in prop and keep Marty on the bench. With sironen back he should come into the 17
8 Jake 10 Paseka 11 Haumole 12 Schuster 13 Sironen

Any of the backrow there could play in the middle. Maybe shuffle schuster and sironen mid game to switch the ruck up

for this week probably run as is, or switch it up with Parker to the back row

1 Trbo 2 Saab 15 Suli 4 Harper 5 Garrick 6 Foran 7 DCE 8 Paseka 9 Croker 13 Jurbo 3 Parker 12 Schuster 11 Olakau’atu

10 Keppie 14 Cust 16 Saddler 17 Sipley

Running with 2x backs on the bench is worrying v a big warriors pack. Do not underrate them.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2