Alleged Leniu incident.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You're ok with an indigenous NRL player being racially abused (allegedly) on the field by another NRL player?

Your solution is for Ezra to simply "toughen up"?
Well, this discussion or debate could open a WHOLE big can of worms haha. But honestly, to summarise, yeah, I do.

Can I ask you, what's worse? Racial, Sexual, Religious, Body shaming (and all that entails) , age, discrimination? There are many others I'm sure. But you get there's so many.

Why is it acceptable to call someone short (for example) , body shaming them, but it's not okay to call someone a different type of name ? It all affects people differently. One thing may be more personal to someone else..

I guess though (and I talk from experience), you're the only one who decides to allow someone elses views or words to affect you. If you decide it just doesn't matter, that other person has 0 power or value.

For that reason, I just think stuff it, that's their problem, not mine, and I'd just deal with it and move on.

Jesus Christ. We had these discussions in 2007 with the Indian cricket team. In what world is it not racist to call a dark skinned fella a monkey? You’re either being deliberately obtuse or you’re not right in the head.
I don't think he's behind deliberately obtuse, just pointing out the obvious. Sometimes when someone refers to another as a monkey (e.g.: "you cheeky monkey") race is not in view at all.

You can know that to be true and also know that calling someone with darker skin a "monkey" taps into a fairly long and storied history of dehumanising, derogatory connotations that the word has also picked up.

Calling someone a monkey isn't racist. I call my cat monkey because he is nimble, cheeky and good at climbing. If it was said, I doubt very much that it was meant in any sort of racist way. Mam will withdraw his complaint.
Well, it is, if Leniu's playing us in 2wks time.

Well, this discussion or debate could open a WHOLE big can of worms haha. But honestly, to summarise, yeah, I do.

Can I ask you, what's worse? Racial, Sexual, Religious, Body shaming (and all that entails) , age, discrimination? There are many others I'm sure. But you get there's so many.

Why is it acceptable to call someone short (for example) , body shaming them, but it's not okay to call someone a different type of name ? It all affects people differently. One thing may be more personal to someone else..

I guess though (and I talk from experience), you're the only one who decides to allow someone elses views or words to affect you. If you decide it just doesn't matter, that other person has 0 power or value.

For that reason, I just think stuff it, that's their problem, not mine, and I'd just deal with it and move on.

I guess when short people are on the recieving end of ethnic genocide, intergenerational discrimination, and ongoing societal disadvantages then the short people can get upset about "just words" as well.

I guess when short people are on the recieving end of ethnic genocide, intergenerational discrimination, and ongoing societal disadvantages then the short people can get upset about "just words" as well.

Any type of discrimination can result in someone being hurt on exactly the same way or level as another type of discrimination affects someone else.

Eloquent wording doesn't really change that in my view.

Body shaming - you realise how many teenagers have committed suicide over that, and you've diminished it to prove a point - but you see what I mean ?

I go back to giving the abuser no power by paying it no credence. It says more about them (lack of education, class, empathy) all of that , than the victim.

It's like Israel Falou's anti gay comments. Who CARES what that numpty thinks or says. He should have just been ignored, and given 0 airtime.

But again, differing views are fair.

Any type of discrimination can result in someone being hurt on exactly the same way or level as another type of discrimination affects someone else.

Eloquent wording doesn't really change that in my view.

Body shaming - you realise how many teenagers have committed suicide over that, and you've diminished it to prove a point - but you see what I mean ?

I go back to giving the abuser no power by paying it no credence. It says more about them (lack of education, class, empathy) all of that , than the victim.

It's like Israel Falou's anti gay comments. Who CARES what that numpty thinks or says. He should have just been ignored, and given 0 airtime.

But again, differing views are fair.
I guess the people that experience it feel different

I understand what you are saying (it is what I say to my kids - who cares what people say) but there should be some accountability for such abhorrent views

The worst thing one can be ever called is a Loser
The whole Broncos team were losers on World stage for all to see

Being called a Monkey is a great thing
Monkeys do not murder rape and are corrupt like humans

Monkeys are great species
They are so great they even named a Band after them
1709508377183.png

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11