All things considered

Considering:
We only had 30% posession early on which most teams would then get beat by 20 or more
We let in points 1 minute either side of half time.
Our last tackle options were woeful, especially in the first half
We were down 18- 2
We were robbed on the bell
We were up against a high flying eels side that had the bounce of the ball all day.
Eels dont have much more improvement in them, where we have an abundance of improvement on that performance.
Considering all this it's a mighty effort we were even in a position to win that game.

We especially need to simplify our game, kick to the corners and push for repeat sets INSTEAD OF trying to score off every play. We have enough talent if we just complete and play simple footy the points will follow without having to push the issue

We made some costly errors, that try before half time was piss weak and the one just after half time took a lot of momentum away from us. When we got even share of ball and officiating we were they better team. Guys fought till the end which was great and almost got away with it but 'unlucky' in the end

Still proud of the boys

Considering:
We only had 30% posession early on which most teams would then get beat by 20 or more
We let in points 1 minute either side of half time.
Our last tackle options were woeful, especially in the first half
We were down 18- 2
We were robbed on the bell
We were up against a high flying eels side that had the bounce of the ball all day.
Eels dont have much more improvement in them, where we have an abundance of improvement on that performance.
Considering all this it's a mighty effort we were even in a position to win that game.

We especially need to simplify our game, kick to the corners and push for repeat sets INSTEAD OF trying to score off every play. We have enough talent if we just complete and play simple footy the points will follow without having to push the issue
That was the area we need biggest improvement, not trying to score off every play, especially the last. A few more repeat sets and we can control games much better. Great defence, plenty of heart, heaps of attack, just need to improve on the kicking game. Would love to see Fainu back out there too

I wasn't happy with our attack against the Dogs either---we should of put 50-60 at ease if our attacking fundamentals were more sound.

I disagree with the view Levi should be the impact hooker, i would have Levi the 50min Hooker who doesn't shirk first point of contact defence as much as Fainu and Fainu the impact hooker.

Fainu doesn't have enough crisp passing variety out of dummy half for Manly to really shine laterally and his defence lacks effort in all facets from contact, to cleaning up the middle, to being able to wrestle and slow the play the ball down.

I've really enjoyed the service out of dummy half from Levi and his defence is improving, DCE on the other hand frustrates me no end.

Other positives: Keppie continues to look like he well and truly belongs and Waddell looks good in his brief. Which leads to a negative: Siro injured. Again.
Hey mate what is siro’s injury? I didn’t hear anything during the game

Although I do believe we were at the officials mercy once again, I am extremely proud as a Sea Eagle fan by how the boys kept themselves in the game. Keeping in mind that not only the slime got most 50/50 calls, a great deal of possession, given a try that was not a try, and they also had the arse to kick a goal and field goal off the post.

I suppose when luck is on your side there is not much you can do. But if we do not play our best footy and still take a favourite to the last minute of the game, it gives me huge confidence in our boys come finals time, we will be there come finals 2020.

Hey mate what is siro’s injury? I didn’t hear anything during the game
Not sure, mate. Commentators said something about him limping beind the play and that he was replaced by Waddell. Fingers crossed it's nothing serious. He was having a good game, as he always does for us.

Fainu doesn't have enough crisp passing variety out of dummy half for Manly to really shine laterally
Despite your opinion, Manly's attack usually improved last year when Manase was introduced into the game - he is a natural footballer & always seemed to take the right options. He & Levi would be a good combination. Hopefully, we will see him back in the Manly jersey soon.

I see Mitchell Moses being the NSW half if he stays fit. He is a lot better player than I thought, and far more dominant than Nathan Cleary.
Parra's Fijian winger is a beast. We found these two players the hardest to contain tonight.

DCE is coping a lot, fair enough, poor kicking game but watched an extended highlights and Moses is no where in the same league as DCE. Had a good kicking game last night but that was it. Manly were our own worst enemies. With 20 to go DCE was running some beautiful plays on both sides and is a player who could be playing an off game but can turn it around with some big plays and win it, Moses could not do that, never has, plus he cannot tackle.

Its not good enough now to say we need to improve here or there. It's a short season, there's no room for if onlys and we must. If we don't string some wins together now then it'll just be another coulda, shoulda, woulda season. Seriously DCE needs to step up and take fuking control. Our attack looks disjointed, haphazard and no plan, even last week where we should've put 50 on the dogs. It's frustrating to see supposedly the best halfback in the competition get outpointed by his opponent in big games time and again. Walker is a center not a 5/8. I'd have Cust in there. At least he has a kicking game. Something that cost us a win last night.

I see Mitchell Moses being the NSW half if he stays fit. He is a lot better player than I thought, and far more dominant than Nathan Cleary.
Parra's Fijian winger is a beast. We found these two players the hardest to contain tonight.
I agree with Moses won't be long if he keeps it up.

DCE is coping a lot, fair enough, poor kicking game but watched an extended highlights and Moses is no where in the same league as DCE. Had a good kicking game last night but that was it. Manly were our own worst enemies. With 20 to go DCE was running some beautiful plays on both sides and is a player who could be playing an off game but can turn it around with some big plays and win it, Moses could not do that, never has, plus he cannot tackle.
I think Moses outplayed DCE last night, in fact I think he has most the season.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2