All of a sudden next week is vital

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
Canberra look busted and out of form but this game has huge importance now that both the dogs and sharks have got up.

Win next week and only an unlikely loss at home against the panthers can hurt us. Lose and we may be in a position that we need to beat Melbourne or our fate could be out of our hands in the final week.That is not something we need.

The Dogs and sharks have some tough games including Bunnies and Roosters but desperate teams playing against the top sides who are already guaranteed a top 2 position at this time of year can throw up some strange results. If the dogs roll the bunnies they should win their next 2 so a win against Canberra 2 days later becomes basically a must for us. The sharks have 2 tough games coming up but both are at home.

No one can possibly win from outside the top 4 this year.

You are right Susan, but as we see from Friday nights game, the result has little to do with how we play.

It all depends on what result the director of the pink Muppet brigade decide is best for ratings and the good of the game.

I wonder if the mighty 2V spray has put any noses out of joint?

Manly need to work on their composure and not let anyone or anything distract them from the game plan :idea:

Its going to be a long drive and freezing, windy afternoon, so will be a good test of Manly's ability to persevere.

Wonder if Fergie will bother to attend:dodgy:

1969 said:
You are right Susan, but as we see from Friday nights game, the result has little to do with how we play.

It all depends on what result the director of the pink Muppet brigade decide is best for ratings and the good of the game.

I wonder if the mighty 2V spray has put any noses out of joint?
If anybody deserves to have their noses put out of joint it's Hayne and Perenara.

Not worth worrying about. After last fri nights fiasco I'm now over pondering outcomes and what ifs. This competiton is not being decided by the players on the field playing a fair game. It's being decided by television and ratings.

I agree next game is vital. I'm more concerned about the Canberra match then the purples or the panthers.
This raiders match is a danger game. They won twelve from twelve at home and now have lost two, one being a complete shocker and the other with some sketchy ref calls. They'll be as fired up as us and will have the weather, home ground and refs on their side.
If refereed fairly, Manly's class should get them home. Is anything fair going on in this competition? Don't really think so.
Going back, the first storm game this year, after two home losses the refs did everything to ensure the cheats did not lose.
This week's South game, it seems the same thing happened.
The NRL is now purely about making money and television ratings.
Continuous home ground losses means loss of revenue. We could be in for another shocker with the refs.
Shame the comp has come to this.

niccipops said:
I agree next game is vital. I'm more concerned about the Canberra match then the purples or the panthers.
This raiders match is a danger game. They won twelve from twelve at home and now have lost two, one being a complete shocker and the other with some sketchy ref calls. They'll be as fired up as us and will have the weather, home ground and refs on their side.
If refereed fairly, Manly's class should get them home. Is anything fair going on in this competition? Don't really think so.
Going back, the first storm game this year, after two home losses the refs did everything to ensure the cheats did not lose.
This week's South game, it seems the same thing happened.
The NRL is now purely about making money and television ratings.
Continuous home ground losses means loss of revenue. We could be in for another shocker with the refs.
Shame the comp has come to this.

You're forgetting the complete stitch up in the Manly v Dogs game at Brookie. When have you EVER seen a golden point game decided on a penalty, and especially for an obvious dive and then for backchatting. No coincidence that since Greenslime has taken over the outcome of games has become so bleeding obvious.

HappilyManly said:
Manly need to work on their composure and not let anyone or anything distract them from the game plan :idea:

Its going to be a long drive and freezing, windy afternoon, so will be a good test of Manly's ability to persevere.

Wonder if Fergie will bother to attend:dodgy:

saw fergie walking the streets of caringbah last night around 10.30pm

not sure what is going on with him

mickqld said:
You're forgetting the complete stitch up in the Manly v Dogs game at Brookie. When have you EVER seen a golden point game decided on a penalty, and especially for an obvious dive and then for backchatting. No coincidence that since Greenslime has taken over the outcome of games has become so bleeding obvious.

Agree. That was such a rort. Still get fired up if I think about that one.
Counting those three matches decided by refs our boys could be on 36 points.
We are paying the price of recent success. They don't want another Sea Eagle premiership so soon. That means the Manly loading counts for about 5 penalties per game.
Why don't they just stop the comp now and give the trophy to the bunnies so it will be a great day for everyone in rugby league - pass the bucket, I'm gonna hurl.

I'd still like to see Capt'n Lyon ask the ref: "Should we just let them run a try in to give you guys' arms a rest from blowing penalties?"

niccipops said:
We are paying the price of recent success. They don't want another Sea Eagle premiership so soon. That means the Manly loading counts for about 5 penalties per game.
Why don't they just stop the comp now and give the trophy to the bunnies so it will be a great day for everyone in rugby league - pass the bucket, I'm gonna hurl.

This is correct. I was chatting to a South's guy last night while watching the footy, he agreed the Pink Muppets gave us a raw deal, then he said: "you can understand it though, who wants to see another Melbourne vs Manly GF"

This sentiment has gone viral I am afraid.

No 1969, don't believe that garbage, there is no conspiracy as you make your own luck as we have done the past few successful years. Losing teams makes excuses (Sharks, Knighte etc)

Darren said:
No 1969, don't believe that garbage, there is no conspiracy as you make your own luck as we have done the past few successful years. Losing teams makes excuses (Sharks, Knighte etc)

Darren a few months ago i would have agreed with you but after the Rabbits game its clear there is an agenda, i had mates that follow the Dogs, Penrith, Roosters and even Rabbits ring me and tell me Manly were robbed. Ive just about had enough of such a great game being destroyed by biased and incompetent refereeing. Its not just Manly that are copping it, there were some shocking calls in Dragons v Sharks and Dogs v Raiders games too.

Darren said:

I disagree with you disagreeing with me Darren.

This viral bias against Manly has been going on since we bought a couple of West players decades ago. Rugby League fans still call us cheats, dirty players, silvertails like we bought our premierships???

"Nobody likes us and we don't care" ring any bells?

Honestly, if you don't believe there is a conspiracy you have your head in the sand....IMO, not meaning to be personal mate.

You can substitute "conspiracy" for ""political agenda" if it feels more correct.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2