All NRL Games [Round 9, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
The National Rugby League (NRL) today issued Bulldogs General Manager of Football Phil Gould with a breach notice alleging a breach of the NRL Code of Conduct (Code).The notice proposes a fine for Gould of $20,000, half of which will be suspended for a period of 24 months.
It is alleged that on the 100% Footy program on Monday evening, Gould made public comments considered to be detrimental to the best interests of the game, in contravention of the NRL Rules.
The Code provides that no person bound by the Code shall engage in any conduct which is detrimental to, brings into disrepute, is inconsistent with, is contrary to, or is prejudicial to, the best interests, image or welfare of the ARLC, the NRL, the NRL Competition, the Related Competitions, the Representative Competitions, the Clubs or the Game.

I didn't watch the show but think Gould was criticising The Bunker and I'm 100% with him. The Absurdity of The Bunker was again shown tonight when Penrith scored a "try" from a pass that went metres forward. But it can't rule on forward passes yet it can rule on a toenail being in front of a kicker and all other micro matters. The Bunker was introduced to get all decisions correct, yet it can't interfere in a decision that was obvious to Blind Freddy. What's the point? The rules of NRL are becoming more silly by the day.

Always seems like he's off balanced and stumbling into the line. Good let go by us.
Yeah, he’s definitely not what you’d call a great athlete. His strength is not so much running the ball, rather an effective tackling technique (providing he is square to the defender) and that’s about it. He’s a depth forward that will do a job but you don’t want him in the week to week rotation. He was being paid well enough at Manly, that he either needed to play regular FG, or go somewhere else and free up the money.

I thought the Riff were average last night despite the score line. Dropped ball, very clunky attack etc.

South’s were decimated by injury, sin bins, spine was non existent - yet they were right in it until the last 15 minutes.

Maybe Cleary can turn them around but at this stage I reckon they won’t be there when the whips are cracking

The National Rugby League (NRL) today issued Bulldogs General Manager of Football Phil Gould with a breach notice alleging a breach of the NRL Code of Conduct (Code).The notice proposes a fine for Gould of $20,000, half of which will be suspended for a period of 24 months.
It is alleged that on the 100% Footy program on Monday evening, Gould made public comments considered to be detrimental to the best interests of the game, in contravention of the NRL Rules.
The Code provides that no person bound by the Code shall engage in any conduct which is detrimental to, brings into disrepute, is inconsistent with, is contrary to, or is prejudicial to, the best interests, image or welfare of the ARLC, the NRL, the NRL Competition, the Related Competitions, the Representative Competitions, the Clubs or the Game.

I didn't watch the show but think Gould was criticising The Bunker and I'm 100% with him. The Absurdity of The Bunker was again shown tonight when Penrith scored a "try" from a pass that went metres forward. But it can't rule on forward passes yet it can rule on a toenail being in front of a kicker and all other micro matters. The Bunker was introduced to get all decisions correct, yet it can't interfere in a decision that was obvious to Blind Freddy. What's the point? The rules of NRL are becoming more silly by the day.
Starting to look like communism.

I thought the Riff were average last night despite the score line. Dropped ball, very clunky attack etc.

South’s were decimated by injury, sin bins, spine was non existent - yet they were right in it until the last 15 minutes.

Maybe Cleary can turn them around but at this stage I reckon they won’t be there when the whips are cracking
Don't know about that...24-12 with 20 minutes to go and the Rabbits were shot ducks.

You could be right feathered friend @The Wheel but I dont see it that way
I agree that the The Riff were not at their best and even though they dropped balls and were very clunky and not their funky selves . The fact is that they still blew the game away by 42 points to 12 without their Number one inspirational Impact player Cleary
The Riff will be there when the whips are cracking with Their X FACTOR Cleary inspiring them all the way

The moral of the Riff story ....
You have to factor in the X Factor
1714691108752.png

Truth hurts doesn't it, nrl.

Its about time the NRL started taking this approach with club officials like Gould who have long hid behind their media roles when criticising the league.

And for the record I do agree with what he said. But he as a club official (Head of Football at the Bulldogs) shouldn't have said it ... at least, not in the forum he did.

Wow, watching another crazy result again, it just seems that rugby league is not about toughness and intimidation any more. It seems to me to be just a random speed and possession based game.

Can’t touch the kicker, can’t touch the catcher.

The player don’t want to push the envelope any more partly beqcuse they are not allowed to, they just play to avoid penalties and fines.

Look at Taumalolo - a shadow now.

Ech this modern game is wierd. So random now. Any team can win the comp.

NYEagle

Bittersweet, but at least the Roosters bashed the heck out of the Broncos for us.
Agreed. These are two of my top three most disliked teams but I was happy to see the arrogant Brisbane cop a hiding. Easts still has an amazing roster. It sickens me to see the quality they can buy. How in the hell did they lure Young from Newcastle, who would have been prepared to pay anything to retain him? It will be the same story next season when they get Cobbo and Staggs from Brisbane.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10