[Resurrected] Alex McKinnon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
The bloke was a solid up and comer till tragedy struck.....but he showed great will and desire to make the best of what he has and good on him.
In actual fact, when watching footy shows he is involved with, has a great knowledge of the game and is 1 of the few who always wraps Manly going as far as saying he loves the style of footy they are playing and are great to watch....Out of all the media out there, definately rate him....has been through the toughest of times, but always happy enough and a bloke I have grown to admire as a footy judge and as a quality person.

The bloke was a solid up and comer till tragedy struck.....but he showed great will and desire to make the best of what he has and good on him.
In actual fact, when watching footy shows he is involved with, has a great knowledge of the game and is 1 of the few who always wraps Manly going as far as saying he loves the style of footy they are playing and are great to watch....Out of all the media out there, definately rate him....has been through the toughest of times, but always happy enough and a bloke I have grown to admire as a footy judge and as a quality person.
Agree mate. A little over 12 months ago I broke my back in a skiing accident and crushed my vertebrae and now live with titanium holding my spine together. I was lucky I spent 6 months in a back brace learning to walk again and having my Mrs shower me. It was by far the hardest time in my life, mentally and physically. For Alex to have to live through that everyday of his life and still be able to be optimistic is a huge insight into how mentally strong he must be. He is a real footballer and has a real footy brain and im really happy for the guy that he gets to still be a part of footy in some way. No one deserves to have a career ended like that and I can only hope it never happens again.

I sent him a message on Instagram congratulating him on his wife’s pregnancy. I told him he was joining the best club in the world, the club of fathers.

He wrote back to me and asked me whom I barracked for and I replied “go Manly” he responded with have a happy Easter.

Great bloke

We love you here THE BETTER ROBBO. We hope you are doing better now mate. That would have been very tough for you as well mate
Thanks mate I appreciate it, ill hopefully be back on the golf course soon working on my handicap.. pardon the pun :) but seriously ive nearly made a full recovery so very lucky. If anyone can find it Matty Johns did an interview with Alex and it was extremely intriguing TV and heart warming stuff.

Jealous of everyone that got to Brookie today.
Hehehe suffer! You know I heard once from someone that those things you want in life you actually have to plan for. (It was news to me, as I'd always relied on good old fashioned luck) But might be worth a try :)

Very thoughtful post Maxta . Your act of compassion and Alex's act of courage , resilience and positive attitude are very honourable .
Actions like that are my benchmark in my self development pursuit . Thank you for your inspirational post

Agree mate. A little over 12 months ago I broke my back in a skiing accident and crushed my vertebrae and now live with titanium holding my spine together. I was lucky I spent 6 months in a back brace learning to walk again and having my Mrs shower me. It was by far the hardest time in my life, mentally and physically. For Alex to have to live through that everyday of his life and still be able to be optimistic is a huge insight into how mentally strong he must be. He is a real footballer and has a real footy brain and im really happy for the guy that he gets to still be a part of footy in some way. No one deserves to have a career ended like that and I can only hope it never happens again.
Hey Robbo Hope your doing ok feathered friend . You may have broken your back but it sounds like You never broke your spirit . Says a lot about your character !!!

Alex doesn’t seem to have any bias against any club he talks about and it is great to watch someone who isn’t constantly blowing their own trumpet and talking like an expert rather than just an ex-player. If Ennius was half the player he makes out he was he would be the GOAT

Robbo a spinal injury is my worst nightmare. Well that and losing to Parra. Great news on your recovery and we can all take heart in the way you and Alex approach the injury, although different outcomes. Hope u give your wife flowers on the anniversary of the injury, she sounds like a gem.

Robbo a spinal injury is my worst nightmare. Well that and losing to Parra. Great news on your recovery and we can all take heart in the way you and Alex approach the injury, although different outcomes. Hope u give your wife flowers on the anniversary of the injury, she sounds like a gem.
The accident actually happened on her Bday last yr so definitely a date I should not forget :) my mrs was amazing and certainly helped me through it. I do however feel sorry for the poor nurse who had to wipe my ass for the first 2 weeks :)
On a serious note, it takes an emotional toll on the whole family especially your mrs... Id like to also give a huge shout out to Alex's mrs who stayed with him and helped him through it the entire time and Is still with him today, she had to sacrifice alot but she stayed loyal and committed so that has to be recognised aswell... Its the little things we all take for granted.

The accident actually happened on her Bday last yr so definitely a date I should not forget :) my mrs was amazing and certainly helped me through it. I do however feel sorry for the poor nurse who had to wipe my ass for the first 2 weeks :)
On a serious note, it takes an emotional toll on the whole family especially your mrs... Id like to also give a huge shout out to Alex's mrs who stayed with him and helped him through it the entire time and Is still with him today, she had to sacrifice alot but she stayed loyal and committed so that has to be recognised aswell... Its the little things we all take for granted.

Hey mate, brocken backs suck. Today, tomorrow and beyond. Be diligent with your flexibility and muscle work, if your not IT WILL LET YOU KNOW.
"lucky" for me mine was a lower lumbar break. 20 years on its the best its been since the break.

Hehehe suffer! You know I heard once from someone that those things you want in life you actually have to plan for. (It was news to me, as I'd always relied on good old fashioned luck) But might be worth a try :)
How did my jealous of everyone at Brookie post end up in an Alex McKinnon thread? I haven't even posted in this thread. Seriously weird.
Or me losing the plot? Plausible.:p
Anyway, good thread @maxta

Hey mate, brocken backs suck. Today, tomorrow and beyond. Be diligent with your flexibility and muscle work, if your not IT WILL LET YOU KNOW.
"lucky" for me mine was a lower lumbar break. 20 years on its the best its been since the break.
Yeah mate ive been extremely committed to my rehab and physio. Core strength and stretching are my 2 key areas i really concentrate on. Im glad to hear you are doing well too, no one deserves to go through it but atleast we can still walk and can manage it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11