Albert Hopoate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Volley

Bencher
Watching the Australian schoolboys v New Zealand schoolboys Rugby Union (shows the lack of sport on TV) and 24 minutes in he hasn't touched the ball. Surely if Manly show as much interest in keeping him as the ARU it should be a no brainer of a decision to stay in League. Ahh wait, he just a made a tackle or two. Then a run. He'd be as entertained by this game as I am.

I watched the 2nd half. Wow young Albert is going to be something special. Remembering he is only 16 playing Aus school boys he really held his own. One try saving tackle comes to mind on a player twice his size, showed real strength to diffuse the situation. Watch this space, i feel we have a star centre in the making.

So is there any deal since this story in July?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/9de46673a4806d32190a63a05fd8fe1c

ALBERT Hopoate, the talented brother of Bulldogs star Will, is in the sights of the Australian sevens team for a possible Olympic campaign as part of rugby’s bid to steer the sought-after teenager into a 15-man future.

The year 11 student has attracted major interest from league and union after demonstrating freakish talent in each code.

The son of John Hopoate will play in the NSW under 16 league team on Wednesday night at Suncorp Stadium, having dominated for Manly in the Harold Matthews competition.

It comes a week after he played for the NSW schoolboys rugby union team in the state championships, where he gained selection on the wing in the Australian schoolboys rugby side to play New Zealand in October.

With talents similar to his brother, Hopoate may choose to follow Will into an NRL career but Australian rugby is pushing hard to keep him and national sevens head coach Andy Friend has met Hopoate and his family.

So is there any deal since this story in July?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/9de46673a4806d32190a63a05fd8fe1c

ALBERT Hopoate, the talented brother of Bulldogs star Will, is in the sights of the Australian sevens team for a possible Olympic campaign as part of rugby’s bid to steer the sought-after teenager into a 15-man future.

The year 11 student has attracted major interest from league and union after demonstrating freakish talent in each code.

The son of John Hopoate will play in the NSW under 16 league team on Wednesday night at Suncorp Stadium, having dominated for Manly in the Harold Matthews competition.

It comes a week after he played for the NSW schoolboys rugby union team in the state championships, where he gained selection on the wing in the Australian schoolboys rugby side to play New Zealand in October.

With talents similar to his brother, Hopoate may choose to follow Will into an NRL career but Australian rugby is pushing hard to keep him and national sevens head coach Andy Friend has met Hopoate and his family.
If he has the ability to observe and learn, then he will forge a career with Manly. Both his father and brother played with Manly and were stars (even in the short time Will was with us in first grade) - they both left and their careers went in the toilet in record speed. Not to mention how Manly have stood by the Hopoate family despite the constant dramas and turning their back on us to go to Parra and the Tigers.

If young Albert wants a guaranteed long and successful career (health permitting), then Manly is the place for him.

I have watched him and his brothers/father play over the years and I have no doubt that Albert is the very best of them talent wise. If he can show that he also posesses wisdom and stays at Manly, then the world is his oyster. I just hope he makes the right decision.

If he has the ability to observe and learn, then he will forge a career with Manly. Both his father and brother played with Manly and were stars (even in the short time Will was with us in first grade) - they both left and their careers went in the toilet in record speed. Not to mention how Manly have stood by the Hopoate family despite the constant dramas and turning their back on us to go to Parra and the Tigers.

If young Albert wants a guaranteed long and successful career (health permitting), then Manly is the place for him.

I have watched him and his brothers/father play over the years and I have no doubt that Albert is the very best of them talent wise. If he can show that he also posesses wisdom and stays at Manly, then the world is his oyster. I just hope he makes the right decision.
There is only one place to go if he wants premiership glory!

From what I've seen of Albert, I agree he's immensely talented. If he wants an NRL career, he'll have one. But I'm equally certain he'll be sold off to the highest bidder, which may or may not be us.
I agree,I am not concerned if he ends up leaving or staying although my preference is stay.But I do think the family who is led by the dad is mercenary and will go to the highest bidder for not just Alberts' services but if there are perks/jobs for dad as well.(maybe others in the family too)

You can see him going through our junior ranks and leaving (like they mostly all have done) Bit different mindset to the Turbo's.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8